Household Helpers with Gtech TSV 04/02/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ahhhh, I did ask about GTECH in the IW section the other week. I thought it was on the cards when the GTECH woman started showing off other manufacturers on IW.

We bought a Karcher* steam cleaner from QVC back at our old house (so pre-1998). I suspect all these brands use QVC as an advertising platform to get their products known more widely, so they don't care which channel. Mind you, I think brands leave Ideal World as there's pressure to cut their prices with every airing, maybe QVC has a wider audience and a more stable approach to pricing (sell as high as possible but throw in a few extras).

*We sent the Karcher back and bought a Polti (then on QVC) which is still working 20 years later.

My GTech is one of the best things that I've bought from QVC. I then bought the Mark ll version from IW, and got cash back, so I have one for downstairs and one for upstairs. Both are really good but the Mark ll is easier to empty and the fact that the handle goes down means it's easier to store. I also bought the handheld, but that was from GTech direct as I got an offer on it. Once you register your purchase to set up the guarantee, the after sales care is excellent. Delivery is next day and free from GTech direct.

Needless to say, I won't be buying another one when this TSV airs, but anyone who has wondered if they are worth buying, I'd say "give it a go."

i loved my g tech when i had it for around 4 years but its not as good as dyson stick handheld

My AirRam Mark ll cost less than that from IW. I'd still recommend it though if anyone is thinking of giving it a go. If you do buy it though, it's worth registering it with GTech. It's free to do that and when my battery turned out to be faulty they sent me a new one free of charge the next day and, at that time, a new battery would have cost me £70.

I'm seriously tempted to get this. I bought the K9 version from Q three years ago, and it's still the best thing I've ever purchased from them in 15 years, I absolutely love that big lump of plastic, so I'm thinking of upgrading for this one. That way I'll always have a spare if something ever happens.
I know that sounds ridiculous as if anything did happen I could get a new one within a day or two, but I just couldn't go back to a corded vacuum now.
I bought a Bissell vacuum about a month before I bought the K9 and it's barely been used since.
Oh, decisions, decisions.

I'm seriously tempted to get this. I bought the K9 version from Q three years ago, and it's still the best thing I've ever purchased from them in 15 years, I absolutely love that big lump of plastic, so I'm thinking of upgrading for this one. That way I'll always have a spare if something ever happens.
I know that sounds ridiculous as if anything did happen I could get a new one within a day or two, but I just couldn't go back to a corded vacuum now.
I bought a Bissell vacuum about a month before I bought the K9 and it's barely been used since.
Oh, decisions, decisions.

did you know there is a 2nd model of that one now https://www.gtech.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/airram-k9-721.html

& its coming to Q too

I'm seriously tempted to get this. I bought the K9 version from Q three years ago, and it's still the best thing I've ever purchased from them in 15 years
They're great, aren't they? I bought one around the same time, but direct from GTech, then I bought another one for my mum. Both are still going strong, although both needed a new battery recently. And mum has OCD, so hers gets significantly more exercise than mine!

I love GTECH products. I have a cleaner up and down stairs, AND because I got fed up with all the faffing about with cables and extension leads for my lawn mower, I invested in a GTECH cordless mower last year - FAB U LOUS !!! It has transformed my life. I was on the verge of paying out for a faux lawn, but the mower was the cheaper option and I haven't regretted it. A job that took me almost an hour, now takes about 20 minutes. Cant recommend this company highly enough, and their customer service is excellent.

Gtech AirRam Mk2 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Item Number: 807159
QVC Price £198.00
Todays Special Value Price £164.97
P&P £0.00

or 3 Easy Pays of £54.99

Gtech's AirRam Mk2 cordless vacuum cleaner moves effortlessly from carpet to hard-flooring without the need to change any settings, and features their AirLOC technology designed to help pick up larger pieces, plus an ultra-low profile so you can reach under tables and chairs. Thanks to its lightweight design and impressive run-time of up to 40 minutes, you can easily whip around your home and tackle hard-to-reach areas.

Intuitive technology – the clever AirLOC system adapts with each cleaning stroke. When you’re pushing it forward, the front face of the cleaner opens to collect larger debris. Upon dragging it back towards you, the AirLOC seals to the floor to collect fine dust from crevices. It also has a shorter and wider air-path for improved cleaning.

Convenient cleaning - this vacuum cleaner moves effortlessly across various floorings and boasts a rotating bar ideal for picking up pet hair. Plus, you don't need to worry about snagged cords or being tied to plug sockets, meaning you can reach every corner in your home.

Compact emptying - the AirRam Mk2 features a clever collection system which compresses the dirt into a capsule, stored in the head of the vacuum. This is then easy to swiftly eject straight into the bin without getting your hands messy.

Fantastic customer service - Gtech offer a 2 year guarantee, see the attached manual for more information. If you have any specific queries regarding your vacuum cleaner, you can also call their Customer Service centre on 01905 345891.

Rechargeable
Bagless design

What's in the box?

Gtech AirRam Mk2 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Power adapter
Instruction manual

Technical specifications:

Wattage: 140W
Voltage: 22V
Run time: up to 40 minutes
Charge time: 4 hours
Battery type: rechargeable lithium
Noise level: 75db
Floorhead: nylon
Vacuum (l x w x d): 112.1cm x 29.8cm x 25.9cm (44" x 11.7" x 10.2")
Weight: 3.2kg

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.807159

I've got the little vacuum cleaner and it's great. Don't bother with the hand held one which was really good for about 6 weeks and then just wasn't - lost suction power. The upright one is good though and so light and easy to work with. Good on dog hair too.

CC

I've had the original since it was a TSV when it first came out, so probably about 5 years now.

Decided to order the new one mainly because the cost of a replacement battery for the original would be £70, so hardly worth it when I can get a brand new one for about £164.

While the first one keeps working, I can keep one upstairs and one downstairs. Although it is lightweight, it is surprising how many times I have to go up and down the stairs to collect it from where I last used it.

Is anyone else going for it?

no because i prefer my dyson v6 to the g tech its oddly more powerful and easier to do stairs and hard floors.

No, because I got the (brilliant!) Shark Rocket a couple of TSVs ago , so now my AirRam lives upstairs. The Rocket, being corded, never runs out of Oomph, and copes admirably with the daily detritus of two messy people, plus a dog and a cat. The AirRam is great upstairs where, being cordless, it offers loads of flexibility for getting in tight spaces, and as there's less muck up there, it doesn't need to be emptied every two minutes!

Also, I don't quite follow the logic of this: 'Decided to order the new one mainly because the cost of a replacement battery for the original would be £70, so hardly worth it when I can get a brand new one for about £164.'
What will you do with the old one? Landfill? Seems a bit wasteful to me. The only part you'd be likely to need to replace would be the battery, so why would it make economic sense to buy a whole new vacuum for more than twice as much money as a new battery?

Because the original model has a known problem with plastic gears, which eventually fail and make the whole thing useless.

This happened to my OH's, but it had a 5 year guarantee so GTECH replaced all the working parts with metal gears.

So sooner or later, either my gearbox or the battery will fail, so I may as well take advantage of the TSV price to get a spare, and use both until it fails.

It would be false economy to pay £70 for a new battery when the gearbox could fail at any time. GTECH knew about this fault, which is why they sent new innards without quibble to my OH.

Latest posts

Back