Is that 1957?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SusieSue

Registered Shopper
So I call the 'Award Winning Call Centre' to cancel a couple of auto deliveries.

Asked for my PIN and I haven't a clue so asked for my date of birth.

I reply '13th of the 1st, 57'

The lady said is that 1957?

As we are not yet to 2057 I must sound very old... 161 years old :mysmilie_11:

Excellent grasp of technology considering you were born before photography was in common usage.

So I call the 'Award Winning Call Centre' to cancel a couple of auto deliveries.

Asked for my PIN and I haven't a clue so asked for my date of birth.

I reply '13th of the 1st, 57'

The lady said is that 1957?

As we are not yet to 2057 I must sound very old... 161 years old :mysmilie_11:

Could someone point me in the direction of who issues these ‘awards’ - is it the same cloud cuckoo land
where Alison Young got her ‘qualifications’?!?!

Could someone point me in the direction of who issues these ‘awards’ - is it the same cloud cuckoo land
where Alison Young got her ‘qualifications’?!?!

I can produce lovely certificates with my John Bull printing set. Anyone born around ‘55 will remember them.

I’ve noticed when filling in forms etc on-line, when I get a drop-down list of years, I have to scroll down for ages to get to my year of birth 1955.

My last word on this subject ! This reminds me of a story my brother tells about a young-ish secretary. Brother had to dash out of the office urgently and the secretary needed his computer password. Brother said “Battle of Hastings” thinking she’d know that he meant 1066. Her face was blank, it didn’t compute in her mind.

Latest posts

Back