Really Julia ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Comic wise, Look-In and Misty just going in to my teens, then as I hit my teens it then became Jackie and Smash Hits, ahhh to be young again were waiting for your weekly magazine/comic to come out was all you had to worry about :mysmilie_3:

Exactly the same as my sister, I'd borrow her Smash Hits & loved it. That delivery was so exciting & it's not nostalgia because I really think times were simpler & happier.

Innocent days, tales of girls adventures @ boarding school & Ballet dancers! I remember a recipe in ‘Girl’using Peppers—. What were peppers?Girl came out on a Wednesday I remember it the day I did my 11+ exams.My first more grown up magazine was Honey, loved it, but also got Jackie & Bunty they often had horrid plastic bracelets as free gifts.Must be getting old, dipping into the past!

Bunty and similar mags had strangely sadistic stories of cruelty to the heroines, with cruel school teachers, employers or guardians (lots of orphans I seem to remember). I bought a few annuals from the 70s at a car boot a few years ago and was shocked at this trend. A psychologist would have a field-day analysing their appeal for young girls at the time!

I liked "Jack and Jill" when I was very little, folowed by Twinkle (my brother brought me the first ever edition of Twinkle back from his paper round). Then I moved on to Princess Tina, Bunty, Judy etc and then Jackie, Fab208 and Pink etc. I never stuck to one comic, always been a fickle shopper!

Now that is bizarre, preferring one presenter to another is one thing but all this fawning?I don’t do social media so miss a lot of this, the reviews can be enough & never read the presenter blogs,am not remotely interested.I used to collect the pictures of film stars from the centre of ‘Girl’ as a child/ young teenager, Now how many of you remember ‘Girl’ & ‘Eagle’ for boys?!

Meeeeeee ! I also had Girls Crystal, Schoolfriend, and Bunty. And my Mum used to take the Valentine and Mirabelle.

I used to get the Topper, Bunty and Jackie. A Christmas annual, and I think that was Girl sometimes. Happy days.

I used to get Beano and Dandy. I was a bit of a tomboy (plus it saved my parents from buying a different one from my brother's).

Cheapskates!

The most nauseating comments are the tweets & comments on Instagram made to ickle Claire. They rave about her hair, husband, children, dog, home, gypsy caravan, mother, nails & her hair (again). There's one woman who makes collages of photos of her & her family. I read them because they're so bizarre & give me a good laugh.

"There's one woman who makes collages.".......

WTAF?? Stalker alert!!!!

I used to get Bunty too, absolutely loved it. I think the other comic I had was Princess.

'Julia is on with Peony. She says that you could take the hydrangea bouquet (£34.92)as a gift when you go to a dinner party !!!! I know London people, prices and habits are on a different planet to the rest of the UK, but 35 quid as a dinner party gift ????? jeez on the extremely rare occasion I go to a dinner party (last invite was roughly 1998) they get a potted plant or bottle of wine.'

On Monday the Queen of the Q talks about dinner party gifts & two days later the website has an article with the following title:
HOSTING THE PERFECT DINNER PARTY
Is it all planned?

'Julia is on with Peony. She says that you could take the hydrangea bouquet (£34.92)as a gift when you go to a dinner party !!!! I know London people, prices and habits are on a different planet to the rest of the UK, but 35 quid as a dinner party gift ????? jeez on the extremely rare occasion I go to a dinner party (last invite was roughly 1998) they get a potted plant or bottle of wine.'

On Monday the Queen of the Q talks about dinner party gifts & two days later the website has an article with the following title:
HOSTING THE PERFECT DINNER PARTY
Is it all planned?

I reckon it is.

Hi Julia iv been wachting u for many years now I think ur stunningly hot and gorgeous and getting hotter with age

The above was a post on arsebook!!!!

I've just found this - 'Hi Jackie, that's an autobiographical t-shirt, long may you be the star that shines brightly in so many lives'. It was on Kabler the Gabbler's Instagram where she showed a t shirt with a sequin star that could be stroked so that the sequins disappeared. I don't know who is sadder the person who sent that to her or me for finding it. In fact this is the last time I'm going to look for these slimy comments because I'm becoming obsessed & I've got too much to do in the real world.

I've just found this - 'Hi Jackie, that's an autobiographical t-shirt, long may you be the star that shines brightly in so many lives'. It was on Kabler the Gabbler's Instagram where she showed a t shirt with a sequin star that could be stroked so that the sequins disappeared. I don't know who is sadder the person who sent that to her or me for finding it. In fact this is the last time I'm going to look for these slimy comments because I'm becoming obsessed & I've got too much to do in the real world.

Oh flippin' 'eck! :mysmilie_15:

That eck got flipped several times this morning & I laughed so much I had to re-do my mascara.

It's hard not to laugh and have your 'eck flipped though isn't it T? I don't think the poor buggers realise they're shop assistants on telly, bless 'em :mysmilie_17:

It's hard not to laugh and have your 'eck flipped though isn't it T? I don't think the poor buggers realise they're shop assistants on telly, bless 'em :mysmilie_17:

They wouldn't last a month in a real customer service environment. We had the most wonderful meal in an Italian restaurant in Oswaldtwistle on Tuesday. The service was the best I've ever known & even if the meal had been just acceptable the attitude of the staff would have made it an enjoyable experience, as it happened the food was excellent.

They wouldn't last a month in a real customer service environment. We had the most wonderful meal in an Italian restaurant in Oswaldtwistle on Tuesday. The service was the best I've ever known & even if the meal had been just acceptable the attitude of the staff would have made it an enjoyable experience, as it happened the food was excellent.

I couldn’t agree more, imagine if the staff acted like QVC presenters, walking round up their own backsides and reluctant to tell you what’s on the menu.

Dear God. What makes sad ar...es write to anyone off the tele ?? Do they not realise how embarrassingly cringey they are ?

Years ago when I was an estate agent, Adam Woodyatt walked in and sat at my desk. Unbelievably I spouted "oh, its Ian Beale !" I wanted the floor to swallow me up. Straightaway I realised what a pratt I must have sounded, and fumbled my way through an apology to him as it wasn't in the least bit professional. He took it in good humour, but I still cringe at the thought 30 years later.

Dear God. What makes sad ar...es write to anyone off the tele ?? Do they not realise how embarrassingly cringey they are ?

Years ago when I was an estate agent, Adam Woodyatt walked in and sat at my desk. Unbelievably I spouted "oh, its Ian Beale !" I wanted the floor to swallow me up. Straightaway I realised what a pratt I must have sounded, and fumbled my way through an apology to him as it wasn't in the least bit professional. He took it in good humour, but I still cringe at the thought 30 years later.

I would have done exactly the same :mysmilie_493:

Latest posts

Back