£10 Free Credit - Available To Spend From Monday 27 January

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

....Yes totally! And Bingo, I've got to disagree with you (what a surprise!). Sorry, as nonsensical as it sounds yes, they are monitoring these "credits" to within an inch of their lives, and yes it does look as though they're trying to limit what can be bought with them. Putting products down to a penny below £20 so they won't qualify, putting prices up, so they do qualify but making sure that if a credit is used they're not making any less money on it that they would under normal circumstances, not to mention trying to shift stuff they've not been able to sell which has been knocking round the warehouse for donkeys! Yes, it might seem a ridiculous concept, and one would perhaps think "what's the point in preventing making sales? What business would do that? - Let's not forget the sales they perhaps wouldn't have made in the first place if the promise of £10 credit hadn't of been there to persuade them.

Poor show Bid - Glass full Bingo, thank you!

Oh my goodness. you mean they have been taking products to price points of £19.99? well that confirms it then. i have never in my life seen a retailer use that price point as opposed to £20 lol. they are clearly attempting to cheat us lol. great spot Merry!!

....Yes totally! And Bingo, I've got to disagree with you (what a surprise!). Sorry, as nonsensical as it sounds yes, they are monitoring these "credits" to within an inch of their lives, and yes it does look as though they're trying to limit what can be bought with them. Putting products down to a penny below £20 so they won't qualify, putting prices up, so they do qualify but making sure that if a credit is used they're not making any less money on it that they would under normal circumstances, not to mention trying to shift stuff they've not been able to sell which has been knocking round the warehouse for donkeys!

It's basically a last-ditch attempt to exploit a percentage of what's left of their customer loyality. A truly desperate tactic to drive sales because it reflects badly on those who either get sucked in to buying an item or anyone who realises that there's something not quite right about the promotion (more so than poor value for money; people are willing to pay more for quality and convenience).

It's something that they feel that they can get away with, and that in itself is bad for the company as a whole. As a top priority they need more buyers for their goods therefore the very last thing they should do is to dissuade the rest of us from taking them seriously by exploiting such an obvious scam.

This cannot end well for them if the credits fiasco continues unchecked.

It's basically a last-ditch attempt to exploit a percentage of what's left of their customer loyality. A truly desperate tactic to drive sales because it reflects badly on those who either get sucked in to buying an item or anyone who realises that there's something not quite right about the promotion (more so than poor value for money; people are willing to pay more for quality and convenience).

It's something that they feel that they can get away with, and that in itself is bad for the company as a whole. As a top priority they need more buyers for their goods therefore the very last thing they should do is to dissuade the rest of us from taking them seriously by exploiting such an obvious scam.

This cannot end well for them if the credits fiasco continues unchecked.

By giving them a totally free £10 credit? the tyrants!

It's good to see there's a lively discussion taking place in this thread now which was the reason for it's creation.

As ever all opinions are welcome, anything that draws attention to the conversation is very much appreciated :mysmilie_12:

Oh my goodness. you mean they have been taking products to price points of £19.99? well that confirms it then. i have never in my life seen a retailer use that price point as opposed to £20 lol. they are clearly attempting to cheat us lol. great spot Merry!!

........Thanks Bingo, I thought so too! Though I would be fairer in to say that they're not exactly trying to cheat us, they're just trying to steer us in the right direction...Who wouldn't want a Christin Lars watch, or a tanzanite ring? So much better than a steam cleaner, dontcha think?! x

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Wirral for posting most of the £10 credit products however we should also have a note of caution because Wirall missed 2 hours this may have been bid's allotted time for 2 hours of credit spendable products so as we don't know 100% its unfair to judge bid on this occasion but I'm sure Wirall will do a better job next time to ensure we have all the facts ;)

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank Wirral for posting most of the £10 credit products however we should also have a note of caution because Wirall missed 2 hours this may have been bid's allotted time for 2 hours of credit spendable products so as we don't know 100% its unfair to judge bid on this occasion but I'm sure Wirall will do a better job next time to ensure we have all the facts ;)

Of course you're quite right Mega. There's a good chance those mysterious 2 hours were a Quick Fire, £20 or more Marathon.

If that is the case I apologise to Bid TV most humbly :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back