£10 Free Credit - Available To Spend From Monday 27 January

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Between 3.00pm - 6.30pm

16 Presentations in total
3 Presentations you could use your £10 credit on however:-

1 was Opium that was sold earlier today albeit in a small quantity
1 was an Opal and Tsavorite Ring that appeared on Monday/Tuesday morning
1 was a AA Tanzanite Sterling Silver Platinum Plated Ring that appeared on Monday/Tuesday morning

From 6.30pm - 10.00pm

19 presentations in total
4 presentations you could use your £10 credit on however:-

1 was a Bod infomercial for a Tanzanite Pendant that has been shown several times since Monday

From 10.00pm -1.00am

There was a problem with the recordings so I can't say for certain what was on sale but from the sales I did see none of the items were £20+ however, the BT's Phones were again on sale later on.

From 10.00pm -1.00am

There was a problem with the recordings

If you're using a hard drive recorder then that could mean the drive's nearly full, therefore it's best to delete that 16-hour marathon of Peter Simon selling worry angels before it's too late :mysmilie_59:

If you're using a hard drive recorder then that could mean the drive's nearly full, therefore it's best to delete that 16-hour marathon of Peter Simon selling worry angels before it's too late :mysmilie_59:

It appeared to be a signal issue but I think we know by now there won't have been many items you could use the credits on! :mysmilie_59:

30/1/14 7.45am - 11.00am

20 presentations in total
5 presentations you could use your free £10 credit on however:-

1 was a Christin Lars watch for an eyewatering £44.99
1 was just 5 bottles of Opium Gold Limited Edition
1 was a Bod Infomercial for a Tanzanite Pendant that has been shown multiple times since Monday when the credits became usable

(the other 2 items were an Old Tupton Clock and an Encased Glass Vase with Real Flowers in it, for £30!)

From 11.00am - 3.00pm

24 presentations in total
3 you could use your free £10 credit on however

1 was a repeat of the Rich Shampoo Set that has been sold since Monday when the credits became usable

From 3.00pm - 6.30pm

15 presentations in total
3 presentations you could use your fee £10 credit on however:-

1 was a repeat of Opium Gold sold earlier today albeit in a small quantity
1 was a repeat of Thierry Mugler Womanity that was sold on Tuesday

From 6.30pm - 10.00pm

18 presentations in total
2 presentations you could use your free £10 credit on however

1 was an iMedia tablet that has been already shown since the credits became usable
1 was a Bod Infomercial for a Tanzanite Ring that has been should multiple times since the credits became usable

From 6.30pm - 10.00pm

2 presentations you could use your free £10 credit on however

1 was an iMedia tablet that has been already shown since the credits became usable
1 was a Bod Infomercial for a Tanzanite Ring that has been should multiple times since the credits became usable

2 presentations on which credit could be redeemed?
it's getting worse!

2 presentations on which credit could be redeemed?
it's getting worse!

The trouble is that the same products keep popping up again and again, there's really not much you could spend them on.

And you'd have to be watching all day.

What did the credit cost you? Nothing, that's what. If they didn't do a credit promotion you could count every product of the day as one you couldn't use your non existent credit on. It cost you nothing and yet you begrudge any form of terms and conditions? What planet are you from? Your so. Ruddy ungrateful ! Why not appreciate something for free and enjoy it ? Or does that not appeal to your pessimistic, glass half empty miserable nature?

What did the credit cost you? Nothing, that's what. If they didn't do a credit promotion you could count every product of the day as one you couldn't use your non existent credit on. It cost you nothing and yet you begrudge any form of terms and conditions? What planet are you from? Your so. Ruddy ungrateful ! Why not appreciate something for free and enjoy it ? Or does that not appeal to your pessimistic, glass half empty miserable nature?[/QUOTE

It's true that it's cost me nothing, and others who can see it for what it is. Ungrateful? You reckon someone should be grateful to be given an invisible voucher which will allow them to buy something over the phone (that's already £1.53 to knock off) and pay the same price as it usually goes for 'cause they've hiked the price up, or to hopefully watch hour after hour of presentations to find that nearly every product doesn't qualify to use the voucher against. Doesn't appeal to me one little bit, and if that makes me pessimistic and miserable in your eyes....that's fine by me.

From 10.00pm - 1.30am

6 presentations you could use your free £10 credit on however:-

1 was a Tanzanite Sterling Silver Platinum Ring that has appeared several times since Monday
1 was a Chav Gold Plated Chain that has already appeared since Monday
1 was an Elvis Pendant that has already appeared since Monday
1 was an Elvis Horseshoe Ring that has already appeared since Monday

That's where the details will have to end for now. I don't think this information will have been an eye opener to any regular Bid viewers but hopefully casual viewers might think twice the next time they are tempted by a screaming goon repeatedly chanting '£10 Credit, £10 Credit'.

You won't find many different products and as you can't do a web bid you will have to watch hour after hour to have the faintest chance of finding an item you can use your credit on. But even then the chances are you will have already seen it on sale. And don't forget, you must call to 'redeem' you credit so you're potentially only saving £8.47 anyway.

Free £10 Credit? My ar.......................:mysmilie_59:

Thank you Wirral your efforts have been appreciated and I'm sure not just by me! You forgot to mention in your summary, the ramped up prices however, they're not exactly difficult to spot. I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt them too much to give customers a genuine reward for their loyalty in the form of a tangible voucher that can also be used online and on anything that you want to buy. They could still set a time limit, but the way things are, these credits are all about them and very rarely actually reward their viewers!

I'm sure I've got one of these "credits" but it can stay in the ether where it belongs!

Thank you Wirral your efforts have been appreciated and I'm sure not just by me! You forgot to mention in your summary, the ramped up prices however, they're not exactly difficult to spot. I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt them too much to give customers a genuine reward for their loyalty in the form of a tangible voucher that can also be used online and on anything that you want to buy. They could still set a time limit, but the way things are, these credits are all about them and very rarely actually reward their viewers!

I'm sure I've got one of these "credits" but it can stay in the ether where it belongs!

Oh indeed Merry, I know what you mean about hiking the prices but I thought i'd centre on the very low number of actual sales and the repeating of the same products that you could use your 'Free £10 Credit' on.

I'm struggling to think of a more cynical, mostly worthless marketing ploy than this one but if I do I wouldn't be surprised if it was employed by Sit-Up. It's just my opinion but I think they are a thoroughly miserable company.

Personally I see absolutely no improvement in them. None, in fact I think they're even worse.

Just my opinion though.

What did the credit cost you? Nothing, that's what. If they didn't do a credit promotion you could count every product of the day as one you couldn't use your non existent credit on. It cost you nothing and yet you begrudge any form of terms and conditions? What planet are you from? Your so. Ruddy ungrateful ! Why not appreciate something for free and enjoy it ? Or does that not appeal to your pessimistic, glass half empty miserable nature?[/QUOTE

It's true that it's cost me nothing, and others who can see it for what it is. Ungrateful? You reckon someone should be grateful to be given an invisible voucher which will allow them to buy something over the phone (that's already £1.53 to knock off) and pay the same price as it usually goes for 'cause they've hiked the price up, or to hopefully watch hour after hour of presentations to find that nearly every product doesn't qualify to use the voucher against. Doesn't appeal to me one little bit, and if that makes me pessimistic and miserable in your eyes....that's fine by me.

If you seriously think BID have manipulated their product offering to prevent people using their voucher you need to spend a little less time online reading conspiracy theories! bids product pool is shallow at best. they are hardly making it shallower lol. and as for putting their prices up just to prevent people spending a voucher? come on really? do you actually believe that? surely even a child can see that makes no commercial sense what so ever. bid are a company who want to make money. offering less products at higher prices would obviously reduce sales by a far greater margin than any voucher redemption costs. you really should look into redemption rates for vouchers and credits its so low at the best of times.

The credit cost you absolutely nothing. not a bean. not one. zip, zero niche!! you have 4 days to spend it. if you spot something over £20 you like well great news. with the credit it essentially means you get it delivered for free. fab times!
maybbe one day someone will top that glass up for you ..

It's only my opinion but I think Bid could be creating an awful lot of bad will with these offers, there were posts on review sites the last time the credits became 'usable', so to speak. I suppose it dosen't help when presenters like Guy Kean suggest that when you buy an item for less than £10 you are effectively getting it for zip, and he did.

If they feel they are in a position to do this then that's of course their prerogative and I wish them the best of luck. However, it's equally our prerogative to highlight it and if anything in this thread is factually incorrect they are of course free to question it and if need be full and frank corrections will be made. I don't think I can say fairer than that.

I have merely highlighted some points of possible interest to customers tempted by a 'free £10 credit' offer but let those customers decide is what I say.

And they will.

....Yes totally! And Bingo, I've got to disagree with you (what a surprise!). Sorry, as nonsensical as it sounds yes, they are monitoring these "credits" to within an inch of their lives, and yes it does look as though they're trying to limit what can be bought with them. Putting products down to a penny below £20 so they won't qualify, putting prices up, so they do qualify but making sure that if a credit is used they're not making any less money on it that they would under normal circumstances, not to mention trying to shift stuff they've not been able to sell which has been knocking round the warehouse for donkeys! Yes, it might seem a ridiculous concept, and one would perhaps think "what's the point in preventing making sales? What business would do that? - Let's not forget the sales they perhaps wouldn't have made in the first place if the promise of £10 credit hadn't of been there to persuade them.

Poor show Bid - Glass full Bingo, thank you!

Latest posts

Back