08/02/21 - 14/02/21 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A few years ago Q sales staff used to say how well Q were as they were second to JL. I know I don't watch and listen that much these days but ages since I've heard that comparison. Last time I looked Q were about fifth not the second they reminded us over frequently.
A number of companies rest on their laurels having done well in surveys. However, JLP's crown has slipped. I know there are growing numbers of people who have had disappointing and frustrating experiences. Even they weren't bragging every 5 minutes about winning a high position in a survey...we can see that such surveys can be manipulated by mobilising social media followers. So when these things are announced I try to find out the method of the company publishing league tables of retailers/service providers listed.

A number of companies rest on their laurels having done well in surveys. However, JLP's crown has slipped. I know there are growing numbers of people who have had disappointing and frustrating experiences. Even they weren't bragging every 5 minutes about winning a high position in a survey...we can see that such surveys can be manipulated by mobilising social media followers. So when these things are announced I try to find out the method of the company publishing league tables of retailers/service providers listed.

I've not programmed this type of survey stuff but done enough stuff to know I want to see the raw data.

I did a thing about drinking water a few years ago. I hand wrote it as if I was doing an exam paper or a dissertation. When I showed it to the person who was telling me I think I lost her by the second page. It was about 75 pages. I showed it to my local Pharmacist and he said he'd not go into a discussion with me I'll prepared. I had a sensible part with an appendix where I had skewed the information. The second appendix was the proof of the Stats stuff, which I had to look up but knew it when asked in my A level question, and able to tell my QA teacher where he went wrong.

Sorry but I'm ranting. A FB keeps asking about Maths stuff on his wall and gets cross because because I know the answer. I like sums, I like sums a lot.

Latest posts

Back