30 years of Joy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it just me who thinks this 30 years of joy is total s””t. I thought there would be funny throw backs, bloopers etc but no. Just highlights how joyless qvc is now compared to then, imo😊
No, not just you, mia. Where's the joy? Is it when silly Jackie tells us that her friend Chloe took her car, reparked it, and wrapped it in toilet paper? That bit of joy must have gone down like a lead balloon for everyone except the two involved. A high school prank from adult idiots. Real joy for shoppers would be a big reduction in p and p.

I don’t like the whole ‘shop with joy’ thing. It’s way over the top. Joy is a lovely word and has nothing to do with shopping. Shop with trepidation would be more likely. Will it arrive/fit/have been used etc etc.

QVC keep sending me emails to rate them on Trustpilot, I never bother.I only buy items I know I will keep and the price is OK including the P&P & those are few and far between (LE TSV recently!) I have looked at the reviews on TP and they are mainly glowing, must be the Qurio faithful? The P&P is extortionate, if you do return ( again some cost) it takes time for the refund to reach your account.Most of the items are on sale elsewhere for a competitive price or with free delivery and I never buy any clothing which seems well overpriced to start with.

QVC keep sending me emails to rate them on Trustpilot, I never bother.I only buy items I know I will keep and the price is OK including the P&P & those are few and far between (LE TSV recently!) I have looked at the reviews on TP and they are mainly glowing, must be the Qurio faithful? The P&P is extortionate, if you do return ( again some cost) it takes time for the refund to reach your account.Most of the items are on sale elsewhere for a competitive price or with free delivery and I never buy any clothing which seems well overpriced to start with.
I wait for codes and sales from Kaleidoscope.
I recently got a lovely long sleeved blouse reduced from £30 to £12 and a shirt sleeve reduced from £25 to £16.

Thats How I shop with QVC… never buy anything I‘m not sure about…. And I always factor the postage into the total cost. It’s mainly LE and Elemis, with L’Ocitanne and MB at Christmas. Very occasionally you get a really good deal, but they are getting rarer.. and don’t get me started on the shelf life issues….

Many of the bloopers I can remember and which actually made me laugh were committed by presenters who have subsequently left QVC. Julian Ballentyne, Anthony Heywood, a vacuum cleaner guest and more.

No joy in shopping with QVC old and outdated,just like many of their tat sellers.
High postage
Slow refunds
Used goods sent out to customers
Hard sell on fashion item’s which are actually shocking in price and design
Plus the gloop queen pushing a woke agenda on gender all the time!

No joy in shopping with QVC old and outdated,just like many of their tat sellers.
High postage
Slow refunds
Used goods sent out to customers
Hard sell on fashion item’s which are actually shocking in price and design
Plus the gloop queen pushing a woke agenda on gender all the time!
I thought it sounded more like "shop with Jai" in the vt they keep playing. Who's Jai you may ask? Well this is what I think -
They like high postage
Fast/instant refunds bore them
Used goods are a bonus - who doesn't need an extra tissue in the pocket?, a pair of shoes broken in so you don't have to, a guess the stain conundrum and some dog hair that you can pick off at your leisure
Shocking design? - they say " bring it on, no one else will look the same in the Co-op queue"
Finally they don't mind sharing their gloop with anyone who's got a face!

On the subject of their VTs, I think this one's the £10 off for recommending a friend. Woman answers the door and mouths the words "Thank you" in such a fashion you'd be forgiven for believing that the box contained an organ for transplant - It's probably a reed diffuser!

I wondered who she was too…!

Wasn’t there a lovely model called Joy at one point.
But they sacked her ages ago, I believe 🙄
Yes . She was a lovely voluptuous lady around the same time as Sharon and Tanya. There was some sort of falling out and they all disappeared. Shame because they knew how to sell stuff.
I think she still appears on Lorraine occasionally.

Joy, I remember seeing in a Mika video, Big Girl You Are Beautiful was the song. Hey, I own the album.

Okay, we have had endless menopause and I can see coming Joy, the pleasure range from QVC of course they will supply the batteries as well. ;) :sneaky:

Sephora UK have been selling for a while now online. Sexual health.

The only department I buy from regularly is beauty. Dont buy clothing, shoes, household cleaning stuff or gardening. Did buy a RJ flower power as it was on offer but thats it.

Latest posts

Back