925e.com

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

John thanks for explaining this. Can we e-mail you a wish list from 925e.com. There are some stunning pieces there and I am sure they will be equally popular with us the customers :)

Thank you John, very interesting and it makes a good deal of sense.

I don't wear very much silver jewellery (although I have bought some lovely things from Rocks) so I'm hoping that you will develop more gold/precious stones lines.

After initially reading this thread I was shocked..............but now............the bling factor has taken over and having looked through alot of the items on the site I think Rocks should buy more from them especially the lovely pearl items and the silver items....mmmmmmmmmmm . I love heart designs and they had a whole collection of those too. Please buy more from them!!!! lol I can provide a list upon request lol

I remember seeing on the chat thing on rocks someone said about designs being the same as another channel and steve shot them down saying they were not, full stop, as rocks designs were exclusive. Seems thats not true now. not that it matters if they buy stuff in, lots of places do, just why say there your designs if its not true?

After initially reading this thread I was shocked..............but now............the bling factor has taken over and having looked through alot of the items on the site I think Rocks should buy more from them especially the lovely pearl items and the silver items....mmmmmmmmmmm . I love heart designs and they had a whole collection of those too. Please buy more from them!!!! lol I can provide a list upon request lol

Feel exactly the same Valleygirl. shocked but then 'Hmmmm maybe they'll get this in and that in and that one.......':1:

I remember seeing on the chat thing on rocks someone said about designs being the same as another channel and steve shot them down saying they were not, full stop, as rocks designs were exclusive. Seems thats not true now. not that it matters if they buy stuff in, lots of places do, just why say there your designs if its not true?

Yes, I am not interested if they buy or have bought items in, every outlet does but like you say why did they say it was own designs?

I still feel abit iffy about it.

i saw that ... he was very adamant. He was talking about Rocks & co and said if they were the same, then they had copied him because they were Rocks designs. I thought he went a bit far in his annoyance and was worried he might be verging on libel/slander ( never remember which one ).

I do think that things have changed considerably at Rocks since they launched. I reckon their starting stock was all designed in house, and that it's only the new stuff that's bought in, probably due to a need to get in reasonably priced new stock in a hurry to keep the loyal buyers coming back. I imagine (hope) Steve's comments above were made back when they were true.
I also feel I should add that I think the designs were much better back when they were all original. A lot of the new stuff, while being nice stones and good prices, just doesn't scream quality to me, and the designs aren't a patch on Sarah's.
I rather suspect that the original stock was much more expensive to make, and that the buyers just haven't paid as much as hoped, so we've now got very inexpensive pieces coming in, along with expensive stones in simple inexpensive settings, and the design aspect has taken a back seat. It's a great shame, and I hope we'll be seeing more of Sarah's undoubted talents coming through again.
Good lord, listen to me, anyone would think I'd stopped buying!!!

There looks to be some lovely items on the link mentioned, i like the look of the red coral set on the first page and also some of the stone collection. That said i would be more than happy with the original Sarah Bennet and Tookalon ranges if the quality of the 925e range is going to be lower.

I echo what PQ has said...............the demand for new pieces has meant that Steve has had to buy in stock as I would imagine that the design process from start to finish is probably quite a lengthy one.Hopefully we will see more of Sarah's designs coming through in the next few months............please Sarah!!!:20:

To appeal to everyone though I think a good mix of inexpensive and more considered design pieces is a good one,and if they buy stock in that that is ok with me,if I like it and it's a good price then I'll buy:1:

Hello everyone,

Steve and Sarah are out of the country at the moment. When we set up Coloured Rocks, we developed partnerships with 11 licensed workshops. These are a range of jewellery crafts-people and manufacturers who we have visited, audited their processes and work very closely with. With most of these pieces, Sarah either provides the designs or works with the designers at our partners to ensure that the ranges meet our standards and design values. All of our initial stock-holding was as a result of this process.

As the auction has grown more popular, we have needed to expand our range and we are looking to develop more licensed partnerships. This is a long process, however. As a first step, Sarah has identified some potential new partners that have a similar design ethos to ours. In advance of licensing them to develop our exclusive designs we have placed some sample orders from their existing stock to see how well they performed, and to give us more variety in the run up to Christmas.

We are committed to bring you the best value gemstone jewellery, wherever possible designed by our team and exclusive to us. However, before embarking on the costly process of licensing a new partner, it makes sense to put the supplier to the ultimate test and see whether the real experts – our customers – like the style and quality of jewellery they create. At this point, we can then start to work with them to create exclusive designs.

As always, please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Thank you for the reply.

So will there be more items that are bought in? Or more items designed by Sarah as a result?
Forgive me for asking this but it was the basis for the thread, I along with many others were under the impression that alot, if not all, items were made specifically for RocksTV from the beginning, so did you only start 'buying in' in the run up to Christmas ie September onwards or from the beginning as well.

they must have always brought stock in, as when i read it on the chat about someone seeing a rocks design elsewhere i don't think rockstv had been about for long. seems a bit unbelieveable that the designs were genuinely unique then, and being copied according to steve by elsewhere, but now are being brought in so thats why they are the same as other places this time.
IMVHO seems more logical that they simply have always brought stock in. As i said before, thats not a bad thing though as lots of places do the same thing. :)

Hi everyone, just to clarify for you as John said, since we launched Coloured Rocks and Rocks TV, I and my team have worked closely with our suppliers to design and create our own ranges which we are very proud of and will continue to be proud of!

As the auction has become more and more popular, obviously we have had to try and bring in new items faster than before, as John explained the design and manufacture process is a long one and to bring in new designs takes at least 6-7 weeks. Over the Christmas period we needed to be bringing in new pieces every week to meet demand so therefore we bought in stock samples from a partner who we are working with to develop our own Rocks TV range. This really has been the ultimate test of their quality and workmanship.

Have no fear, we have many more new designs from myself over the next coming months and I am adamant that all of our jewellery whether designed by myself, my team or our manufacturing partners meets exactly the high standard that Rocks TV represents.

Best Wishes

Sarah

Thank you Sarah. As always, Rocks can be relied upon to answer any queries.

Personally, I don't really care who's designing the jewellery, I've seen lots of lovely things on the 925.com website that I'd be happy to own. If you'd like any input Sarah, just yell!!!!

:doggie:

Thank you Sarah. As always, Rocks can be relied upon to answer any queries.

Personally, I don't really care who's designing the jewellery, I've seen lots of lovely things on the 925.com website that I'd be happy to own. If you'd like any input Sarah, just yell!!!!

:doggie:

Same here, not really that bothered and will still order anyway as they are all lovely items, it is nice to have it clarified though. If only other channels would take note of the Rocks CS.

By the way I am in favour of ALL the pearl and marcasite items on that site, they are very :32:. This way I don't need to contact you personnally, you know what I want .

Last edited:
oh boy, my wishlist from that site numbers about 50 pieces so far!!

I hope Sarah's collaborations go from strength to strength. I did send a couple of design ideas to Steve and hope to hear one day if they're being taken up - probably not, especially as one of them might involve black and white diamonds, or onyx and white sapphire maybe lol

Latest posts

Back