A Rave From The Grave Spam Email Making A Return

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
I haven't had one of these for years, usually for some reason I get ones from women wanting to give a man a good time. I just block, well, I am not male. 😂

But this week I got the dear old please help me.

Yes, they were sorry to bother me, but they need a liver transplant. Now as first I actually thought they wanted me to donate part of my liver? But no. Seems they need money to pay for their transplant, and of course it had to be bitcoins. Well, after I stopped laughing at the idea, of course I will send bitcoins and help you, NOT! Ah, the dear old begging spam emails.

There is currently a series on BBC1 at 10am called Scam Interceptors which highlights the current scams doing the rounds. It’s amazing how easily some poor people are caught up in this despicable practice. For example, you get a phone message to say that the Amazon Prime subscription has been taken from your account and you’re told to press 1 if you haven’t authorised it. Press 1 and you get put straight through to a scammer, usually based in India. You’re then told to download an app called AnyDesk which then gives them remote access to your phone or computer.

I had that phone call a few months ago but knew my subscription had been taken out (legitimately) the week before so ignored their ramblings. Had I thought it to be genuine I would have called Amazon direct without pressing any buttons on the phone.

I get a few spam/scam emails but delete them without reading them. They usually arrive after I’ve been on some newspaper sites or have been researching something so it’s possibly linked to cookies or something.

Latest posts

Back