A surprise inside a bag

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jaybe

Registered Shopper
I thought I would share a Qvc experience with you. I ordered a Tignanello bag, & when it arrived there was a half used cheque book belonging to the previous owner !!
I thought the items were supposed to be new, but obviously not. When I complained, they paid for return P&P but nothing else. Has put me off buying now

I thought I would share a Qvc experience with you. I ordered a Tignanello bag, & when it arrived there was a half used cheque book belonging to the previous owner !!
I thought the items were supposed to be new, but obviously not. When I complained, they paid for return P&P but nothing else. Has put me off buying now

it happens. i have had 2 used handbags from QVC (both Tigs). one i returned this week, there was nothing wrong with it but i just didnt want it and the other i kept because it was in the sale and it was doubtful i would be able to get another as it had been sold out for weeks.

i personally dont have a problem with it. its not sposed to happen but it does. QVC repay the postage so the only thing you lose is your time and energy. I would rather have mistakes like this than lose the 30 day mbg

I should also point out, that the keyring was also missing. I would expect them to check everything that is sent out.:mysmilie_81:

That to me is a second hand product, clearly used. Personally I think they need to adjust the 30 day MBG....that goods are returned intact,unused and with all tags attached.

I will not pay out my hard earned cash for new goods if they aren't new.

Happened to me too and it was also a Tig bag. The purse was missing and there were crumbs in the bag.

People probably buy stuff for special events like weddings , use them and then send them back.

Mind you I have to confess that I sort of did this.....I bought a Lola Rose necklace and wore it to a wedding...but husband said it looked like a soap on a rope........so I returned it.:mysmilie_701: It was pristine however.

Normally the things I return still have all labels attached and I definitely have not used them.

i have only once returned something that i have used and i returned it because it was faulty(this was also a Tig bag lol).

I think the 30 day mbg is excellent for all of the luxury creams, lotions and potions that QVC sell etc. I cant count how many times times i have bought things on the highstreet that either made my eyes stream, my face blotch etc and once, in a moment of madness, i paid 64 quid on 2 nail polishes that looked total carp when i tried them at home. Had i bought them at QVC i could return them as it was i had to just throw them away.
Luckily any cosmetics i have bought have been excellent but i def. want to be able to send them back.

People probably buy stuff for special events like weddings , use them and then send them back.

Mind you I have to confess that I sort of did this.....I bought a Lola Rose necklace and wore it to a wedding...but husband said it looked like a soap on a rope........so I returned it.:mysmilie_701: It was pristine however.

Normally the things I return still have all labels attached and I definitely have not used them.

But you're not doing anything wrong by returning the necklace that you had worn because QVC tell you that you can do that. They have to get their system working properly so that items that are used do not get sent out again.

I once got a Kipling bag from QVC that had orange gel pen marks inside it.

Basically, it's fraud isn't it?

They are selling goods as new, when they are actually second hand and used. And charging the full price for them.

Returned goods - even if the tags have not been removed and there are no obvious signs of use - should not be resold as new.

Basically, it's fraud isn't it?

Returned goods - even if the tags have not been removed and there are no obvious signs of use - should not be resold as new.

I agree that used goods shouldn't be resold as new, but i'm quite happy to view something as still new if someone's just looked at it at home and decided it's not for them and returned it straight away. After all, all the high street shops would still consider such goods to be new.

I agree that used goods shouldn't be resold as new, but i'm quite happy to view something as still new if someone's just looked at it at home and decided it's not for them and returned it straight away. After all, all the high street shops would still consider such goods to be new.
I agree, if you return something to a high street store and the item is unused with the tags still on then they sell that again as a new item. However QVC don't insist on returned items being unused so they have to tighten up their procedures.

Also loads of people will look at something in a shop. pick it up, open it up to look inside, take the lid of to have a smell, try it on even. it then goes back onto the shelf or rack ready for the next tryer.

I am sure QVC do not intend to send out used, second hand goods. It comes down to sloppy work by the quality control dept. Like i said before it doesnt really bother me as accidents do happen and i am sure when the 'free return' bill gets too high QVC will do something about it lol

I would like to know how many times has the 30 day MBG been utilised before receipt ?

i.e It may have been used by more than one buyer before receipt !

Wouldn't be very good if you had bought it for a present and had it sent straight to the recipient as they sometimes suggest, personally i'd never do this but just imagine if your thoughtful gift contained a few unwelcome extras!

Personally I would rather that where clothes bags shoes crafts etc are concerned in order to return it it had to be in new condition tags still on etc, after all if you buy something and try it on and it doesnt fit or you dont like it then you know straight away, if people abuse the 30 day MBG then as sure as eggs are eggs it will be withdrawn.

The only exception to the as new condition should be skin care cosmetics and the like because that way if you do buy something that doesnt suit your skin smells or looks bad you can return it.

I know some people like the MBG and I have to say it is a sort of safety blanket for buying stuff unseen but as in other areas it will be the minority who spoil it for everyone else by abusing it and getting used items would put me off buying anythng so in the long run sending out used items will cost QVC money

I don't have a problem with QVC reselling returned goods - I've ordered and returned items from Next and M&S and I am sure they make their way back to the shop floor because apart from me not liking them, there is nothing wrong with them. My issue is that items which are returned are not properly checked before being resold by QVC. If someone has damaged an item and returned it, they should be made to pay for it otherwise it's taking the P. It makes me wonder if the reason the P&P is so high is to cover the cost of the returned damaged items so QVC is never out of pocket :angry:

I was reading this thread earlier before the postman came and what a coincidence..it's happened to me - today. I have been waiting a few weeks on waitlist for a Platinum clad diamonique ring and it arrived! My happiness was short lived. I opened up the turquoise box and the ring didn't gleam. Those that know diamonique on here, know it certainly gleams! When I investigated closer, there were marks all over the ring itself and underneath the stone setiing, the gem was "cloudy", where it obviously had been worn and collected skin, dirt etc from wear.:thinking: This is the first time something like this has happened, in the 10+ years I've been buying from them, but it does make you think.
I called QVC straight away and CS said "Oh that shouldn't have happened", but then....she said that the ring could not be ordered again, as it was discontinued!! This proves to me that it ws a return! Someone sent it back and QVC tried their luck in re-selling it!:cheeky: I really like QVC jewellery, as it's not like the stuff you get on the highstreet and I have many items, but now I am hesitant in ordering from them again. Thsi was a £20 ring, but if they can do it for this, they'll do it for the rest. Can you imagine AAA tanzanite rings - they must try their luck at re-selling those on too.:thinking:

Latest posts

Back