A wee extract from Claudia Sylvester's blog on platinum on QVCUK.COM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take your side any day BFT. Before you know it, there will be a small army of lunatics, outcasts and the unclean marching forward delivering our deranged ideas to the masses. :ninja:

All hail the ST.COM Untouchables!!

Viva la revolucion!:)

Thanks Jasper,I agree re:eek:pinions.

But please don't be seen taking sides with me,you'll be alienated,ostracized and cast away into ST.COM wilderness.You don't wanna make enemies here,these people are as serious as a heart-attack!

Back away from me now...save yourself,I beg thee!!

I will fight the good fight alone,lol.
Keep fighting the good fight, you intriguing so and so. I'll leave you to <s>do my dirty work</s> ride off, into the sunset, lone ranger.:grin::wave2:

the-lone-ranger.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to know what you had for tea this evening BFT, you're well fired up after it :D

Thanks Jasper,I agree re:eek:pinions.

But please don't be seen taking sides with me,you'll be alienated,ostracized and cast away into ST.COM wilderness.You don't wanna make enemies here,these people are as serious as a heart-attack!

Back away from me now...save yourself,I beg thee!!

I will fight the good fight alone,lol.

Now you're just being a dafty! I seem to remember that the last thread we were on, I was agreeing with you and if I was alienated and ostracized, i must be really thick-skinned as it's passed me by.:giggle:
It's 2 in the morning here so I'm off to bed. xx

we'll have to put it off till next week though, this weeks chocablock, if that's ok :thinking2:

Ok,i'll pencil you in for Thursday at 2pm,c'ya then chick.:) Don't forget your swords.

Ugh! Smoking crack, how foul. Why can't you do some nice intravenous drug instead.
(That's probably my addiction to Keef showing there:up2:)

Yeah maybe I should switch up,after all it has appeared to keep Iggy and Keef well mummifi......I mean preserved.:)

disclaimer-the previous few posts are a JOKE,for anyone who might be taking me/us seriously.

Join us in the drop BFT...........It's cosy ;)

Yep! i'm on it....just as soon as I finish disembowling myself with a :nod:rusty fork.

FYI-please don't mention The Drop,it's an instant thread closer.

Cheers.:)

The fact remains that taste is for other people to discern.
Very true, and it is this phrase in the extract from her blog that I find quite bigheaded. The bragging about platinum jewellery isn't really the issue for me.

I think you're right when you say that somebody at QVC should proofread and possibly sub-edit these blogs, as I feel that the tone of this one seems very out of tune with the core customer base. And that's the opinion of someone who used to teach English and who now consults on brand communications, for what it's worth. (Sorry, just echoing the tone of an earlier post. 'Tonal matching', we call it in the business.;))

Very true, and it is this phrase in the extract from her blog that I find quite bigheaded. The bragging about platinum jewellery isn't really the issue for me.

I think you're right when you say that somebody at QVC should proofread and possibly sub-edit these blogs, as I feel that the tone of this one seems very out of tune with the core customer base. And that's the opinion of someone who used to teach English and who now consults on brand communications, for what it's worth. (Sorry, just echoing the tone of an earlier post. 'Tonal matching', we call it in the business.;))[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate your POV on this,especially in the highlighted area.

Still, 12 years on my rings are still shining like northern stars. I blame my Mother for my exquisite taste as she herself has a platinum wedding and engagement ring from the oldest jewellers in the world Garrards, and she always said to me that when I get married to only wear platinum.

I dunno about you lot but the whole tone of the piece makes me wanna karate chop her in her scrawny neck!!

My mum said exactly the same to me (but her rings didn't come from Garrards). Truth be told, its a good piece of advice.

Keep fighting the good fight, you intriguing so and so. I'll leave you to <s>do my dirty work</s> ride off, into the sunset, lone ranger.:grin::wave2:

the-lone-ranger.jpg

Nothing to do with this thread but I LOVE your signature ! The Lone Ranger was brilliant !

Now dont get me wrong, If Claudia can afford Platinum, and afford to shop in "top design houses" then that is fine, My quibble would be the need for her to spout about it on her blog in the manner she has done? If you take away her money and the fact she presents on QVC she is no better than anyone else!

Get real luv your only a glorified shop girl, we dont need to know how high and mighty you feel the need to act on your blog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back