A wee extract from Claudia Sylvester's blog on platinum on QVCUK.COM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
one needs to understand that these people are not necessarily the sharpest tools in the box. and this can impact seriously on the way they behave. when they say/do sth untowardly, that may as well be the result of stupidity, not malice, arrogance, etc.

I don't care if I'm unpopular, but I like the woman. I met her on a diamonique day and she was genuinely warm and pleasant. And I like her presentations too. Slap me down people if you want.

I don't care if I'm unpopular, but I like the woman. I met her on a diamonique day and she was genuinely warm and pleasant. And I like her presentations too. Slap me down people if you want.

i met her, too, and i am of the same opinion. but, she's got quite a few 'limitations' too...

Last edited:

Why would anyone slap you down for having an opinion?? :rolleyes: :pPC:

i met her, too, and i am of the same opinion. but, she's got quite a few 'limitations' too...

I know. Don't we all have limitations? Presenters are no exception. But there are some it is hard to cope with. In general I like all the presenters, Pipa and Charlie being my favourites. Jill Franks recently has been so hard to watch these days, I really hold my tongue (as much as possible) when speaking about her here as I think it's too easy to sound like a critical bitch which I don't want to sound like.

If Claudia is indeed very lucky, and only used to the finest jewels, then what is she doing on QVC, flogging Diamond-eek.:tongue2::giggle:

But tbh honest Claudia is very classy, particularly in comparison to some of the other <s>grubby</s> QVC folk.:glass:

:wait2:Claudia is pronounced as Cloudia in Germany, and if that is the pronunciation that Claudia prefers, who are we to judge.:confused2::emo:

I would hate for anyone to think that they can't say what they want on a thread,even if it is of the contrary opinion.

No slaps from me i'm afraid.

It's pronounced that way here, and in Italy, too. I thought I read somewhere that she was half Italian.........
I imagine it's not so much the pronounciation she prefers, as the one her parents use, as they chose her name, after all.

Good grief - what a lot of bitter people there on here just because someone has the money to be able to afford platinum and dare to mention it on her blog.

Alan

I have never been a Claudia fan.
I find her false,immature and dull on air.
She looks a decade older than she is because of her hideous dress sense.
My sister is the same age as her and also has 3 young children.. she is trendy and youthful looking both at home and at work.

If she can afford the bling, hell why not, I would do it to!When (PMA!!)I win the lottery, im off to cartier!

That aside, cant stand watching the hours she presents with all that silly giddy sniggering! She wears some nice dresses, but more appropriate for the top of the christmas tree or a ball in a country house hotel not QVC!

She clearly give back through her work for breast cancer which has to be admired!

I think that she is just one of those people who genuinely don't realise that a lot of people don't have a lot of money, I don't think she is deliberately snobbish, I am guessing she has had quite a protected life, but that's only a guess cos really we know nothing about these people other than what they chose to tell us and the manner in which they tell us ......don't mind Claudia at all, it's only JF and AY who really wind me up and I do have an "off" button so can liberate myself from them

Poor Claudia! She's really getting a battering in this thread! :whew2:

Good grief - what a lot of bitter people there on here just because someone has the money to be able to afford platinum and dare to mention it on her blog.

Alan

It amuses me that in Britain there is almost a taboo in talking about what you own etc. Americans generally are seen as brash because they are proud of what they own and , on the continent it's not considered impolite or bragging to say that you have money, a big house, or whatever, just shows that you have earned it. Some people have to work harder than others, some are born into wealthier families, it has always been so. I'm happy for her and I'm sure the higher taxes she will pay, will filter down to help us all.

It amuses me that in Britain there is almost a taboo in talking about what you own etc. Americans generally are seen as brash because they are proud of what they own and , on the continent it's not considered impolite or bragging to say that you have money, a big house, or whatever, just shows that you have earned it. Some people have to work harder than others, some are born into wealthier families, it has always been so. I'm happy for her and I'm sure the higher taxes she will pay, will filter down to help us all.

Totally agree, it's not bragging but it's not a nice thing either. 'I've got this, I've got that...I've got exquisite taste'. What are we supposed to do with this information? My ex-sister-in-law was like that and it didn't endear her to me at all. Reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket who's sister had a large house with room for a pony.

Alan

I'm not sure its bitter - its just ( on the whole) what women do:4:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back