Has the consistency for Cleanse & Polish changed?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lacura hot cloth cleanser is made at the same factory as Liz Earle’s C & P and just packaged in the different tubes.
I know when Liz Earle started out they had to subcontract out their production to a third party to produce. Whether that changed as it grew and specifically when Avon initially bought them they had their own in house production!

The Aldi Lacura one is pretty good, a little bit earthy in scent but that is the thyme in it.

Ingredients are a closer match as well.

I remember when Avon bought LE there was talk that the products would be made in Poland. Avon had a large factory there. But, when Liz owned it, they made the products in the Isle of Wight. There was talk a few years back that 200 people would lose their jobs on the Isle of Wight if they Boots, moved production elsewhere. Never heard any more about it.

I don't use it anymore. I like the Lacura dupe when available.
It wouldn't surprise me if the LE one has changed for the worse.

Well you could well be very right because this morning I had to speak with QVC customer services regarding a return - which I had to chase up to get refunded for it!

I had spoken to the pleasant lady at Liverpool about the conversation with their Finance Department on the returns and said that I just don’t feel that things have been right for the last five years.

I said I have suspected for a long time that the C&P has changed and that it is not as good as it was.

She said that QVC have taken this up with Liz Earle - the company - as they have had a lot of complaints about it.

I am - nor are we all who have voiced concerns - alone in this now!

I will say this I would be prepared to pay extra to have the original C&P with the almond milk in it brought back.

They could call it Cleanse & Polish Classic but it would sell I would guarantee it it would sell really well.

So, why haven’t Liz Earle and QVC done something about this?

I remember a few years back, suddenly the blond woman who does Liz Earle on QVC suddenly saying to do two cleanses. Liz always pushed you only needed one to remove makeup etc.

C&P will never go back to the almond milk version, too expensive, and Boots sell shed loads of it anyway.

I got a free sample from Boots a wee while ago. Having tried C&P a few times since Liz Earle still owned the company, I found it to be so thick it dragged my skin and my skin felt sore afterwards. The recent sample was a a lot creamier and it was much easier to use and skin felt ok. However I’ll stick with Superdrug’s own brand as it’s so much cheaper.
I agree, I used to buy Liz Earle all the time but I go to Superdrug now. I’ve stopped believing the hype on QVC about everything and now I am sending a lot more back to them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lacura hot cloth cleanser is made at the same factory as Liz Earle’s C & P and just packaged in the different tubes.
Lots of things come from the same factory and are just packaged differently.

I have always cleansed twice, no matter which brand I am using at the time so it is not a new thing for me ( going back 50 years) Please don’t remind me it was unnecessary as I could have saved a fortune, leave me in blissful ignorance!

I think Liz Earle manufactures it all in-house now. Though I do think there is not much to write about in terms of the ingredients and the processes of making it regardless of what name is on the tube.

I do a double cleanse in the evening just a single one in the morning.

We are getting fed up of hype and being ripped off and taken for ‘mugs’; it’s no bad thing we are ‘wising’ up!

If you can get it, Aldi make a product similar to C&P. I’ve used it and it’s as good if not better. I don’t like the smell of the Eyebright now it’s supposedly back to the old formula. I’m sure this has changed too.

Latest posts

Back