Liz Earle Superskin Microdermabrasion polish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was once a devoted LE user never missed a TSV & ordered from their website at one time the ‘free’ sample was a full sized product.When a company is successful and sold on which it is inevitable then that is invariably the ‘kiss of death’.Changing formulas & news gets round, I have heard the reviews & don’t go there anymore.This follows with lots of new products and plenty of offers but the damage is done.At the moment I am using Elemis and have had OK results.I am not going online to show my complexion but at coming up to 75 I am as happy as I can be, and dare I say almost as good as some 10 years younger! On second thoughts take out the ‘almost’!

I would love to go to an Elemis counter…. That would be very interesting… dashing off to find any local to me…
Well I was recently in a store, a very rare occurrence these days and stress this was NOT an Elemis counter.I was looking at a product which I didn’t need to purchase there and then but mentioned I would probably order online, from the store I was in, when needed.The consultant was very dismissive ( well rude!) of this ‘you have used me’ ,’putting me out of a job’ etc. I bought the product there and then but really surely I have the choice to purchase in any way that suits me? Yes I see the point but the store is nowhere near where I live and the link between store online purchases and a brand is not my concern? My friend who I was with would have walked away.

I was quite friendly with the staff at my local Elemis counter, we used to talk about all sorts. I mentioned Keeley a few times and was told the area manager said please no gossiping about Keeley. Not only that, but I was told she was seen as the golden goose in the amount of product she sold each time she appeared on QVC. Customers did come into the counter and bring a list of products which she recommended to use. The staff then used to ask what do you really need and want from products? Which cut the list down massively.

One of the staff moved to London for a few years and worked in the Elemis top salon. I asked to spill the beans on famous people who came in and what they were like? Holly Willowby (sp) was a really nasty person, and no one wanted to be the one who did her facials. She had who you know who I am thing? Alan Carr was a lovely man and very friendly.

I was quite friendly with the staff at my local Elemis counter, we used to talk about all sorts. I mentioned Keeley a few times and was told the area manager said please no gossiping about Keeley. Not only that, but I was told she was seen as the golden goose in the amount of product she sold each time she appeared on QVC. Customers did come into the counter and bring a list of products which she recommended to use. The staff then used to ask what do you really need and want from products? Which cut the list down massively.

One of the staff moved to London for a few years and worked in the Elemis top salon. I asked to spill the beans on famous people who came in and what they were like? Holly Willowby (sp) was a really nasty person, and no one wanted to be the one who did her facials. She had who you know who I am thing? Alan Carr was a lovely man and very friendly.
Well I got those persons jolly well correct then.🤔🤭😂
As for the list of products to the Elemis counter, that doesn’t surprise me one bit.
I’m guilty of an Elemis purchase that the alternative option, which I would say would have been much more suited to my requirements.
I think the Elemis shows need to be more target skin concerns driven, especially since the expansion of the range.
But then that’s a real fault of QVC not stocking a more varied range of brands.
I know I will get told but that X doesn’t sell on QVC well no it won’t if it’s not stocked or if is not featured much and explained the alternative benefits of this other new product.

The problem with QVC and beauty brands is that tey introduce a new brand, big it up, get people invested in using it and then poof! It disappears overnight, never to be given a whisper of air time again. Repeat as necessary. I call it bungee beauty. Boing! In it comes. It's going to be fantastic and change your life. Boing! Out it goes, only having changed your bank balance.

She must be on very good commission…. You think of the Christmas TSV’s…. And if it’s all through her promotion

The problem with QVC and beauty brands is that tey introduce a new brand, big it up, get people invested in using it and then poof! It disappears overnight, never to be given a whisper of air time again. Repeat as necessary. I call it bungee beauty. Boing! In it comes. It's going to be fantastic and change your life. Boing! Out it goes, only having changed your bank balance.
I remember a friend and out and about this was a few years before lockdowns. We were talking about QVC and beauty brands, she thought brands went on QVC to get their name out there. Some stayed a few years others no doubt because of the deal they had with QVC just stayed. The others like Emma Hardie just leave when they no longer want to sell with QVC as they are in other places like M&S and easy to get online. I am using EH as an example we walked through M&S, and she picked out brands that used to be on QVC only and suddenly in M&S. Alpha H, Prai, L'Occitane and Joan Collins makeup. Going back to EH I knew the brand rep as she worked in SpaceNK before moving but still came back to SpaceNK as the EH rep now and then. She told me she could sell over, £2000 per day in M&S in Lisburn and very close to that in Bangor, the latter is a seaside town and a small M&S. She just stood, talked about the brand and demonstrated the products.

I have a hunch they are in trouble…. Look at all the sales they have.. there seems to be something every other week. Just last week boots had £10 off when you spend £25….
I think they are desperate to attract new customers who don’t know how good it used to be… but they don’t seem to care about the original customers…
I’m using up my C&P and will continue with Superdrug hot cloth cleanser. Two bottles of original toner to go then it’s back to Simple. Elemis pro collagen cream and oil..
Just LE shampoo conditioner and hair oil… and I think the shampoo has been fiddled with
And boots now have up to 30% off selected LE…. Yet another sale..

Latest posts

Back