New Liz Earle Cleanser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But M&S will want the full set returned as the pot of cleansing balm they don't sell individually. Only the 100mls size. So a new balm they cannot supply in that size. The 50mls sizes are usually only in sets. For a refund, M&S will want the full set returned as well.

That was why I said contact Emma Hardie.

I would contact Emma Hardie Customer Service directly and explain everything including the other person that had the similar experience, with their M&S purchase.
If it were me in the email or call, I would definitely say that I had been looking forwards following many excellent reviews, and recommendations from friends regarding the balm, to trying it.
But this has definitely put you off, now leaving a rather bad taste regarding the brand, and doesn’t look like you will be converting over from your usual favourite.
In response if I were at Emma Hardie, I would certainly be offering a sincere apology, saying that the brand would take matters up with Marks & Spencers.
And to hopefully prove it’s not the usual standard of balm you should expect, at the very least offer you a free sample sized pot to convince you of such.

The bits should dissolve soon after the rest of the balm creating more of an oily palm. You certainly shouldn’t be feeling anything like uncomfortable, the bits should be cushioned within the rest of the balm and easily dissolve into the rest of the oily balm on your hands.
I will do, although I’ve heard that their customer service is rubbish..

I would contact Emma Hardie, customer service and explain everything and how the gritty bits are still there and very gritty after you reheated the pot. Oh, and also send the photos.
Will do.

The customer service operative is incorrect. If its faulty the very least they should do is offer an exchange. M&S may have a period of time for a refund based on an unworn item that does not fit etc. But sale of goods act is different. its about the condition of the item and wether its of "merchantable quality" go into a store if you can.

Because she bought the balm from M&S her contract is with them not Emma Hardie. It would be nice if they offered an exchange though as good will
I did think that if it was faulty goods then it’s different. This was in the chat line so I may phone them. I’ve always found their customer services to be very good so I was a bit surprised.

Absolutely. Its best to bring it back in person if you can because thats faulty.
I think that’s the only option really

But M&S will want the full set returned as the pot of cleansing balm they don't sell individually. Only the 100mls size. So a new balm they cannot supply in that size. The 50mls sizes are usually only in sets. For a refund, M&S will want the full set returned as well.

That was why I said contact Emma Hardie.
Oh lord, didn’t think of that…. The other bits went to my daughter…
I will contact EH. It is their product at the end of the day.

I never had a problem with EH customer service answered quickly, and I got loads of free stuff. That was because of the delay in shipping during the sale starting 1st Jan.
I will contact them now.

Just a quick update..
Emma Hardie customer services never replied…. I have seen a lot of similar stories on their website, so I wasn’t totally surprised, but very disappointed. Not the way to gain customers….

I did speak to a store assistant at M&S, who was very apologetic but would need the whole set to be returned for a refund. As I gave away the other bits in the set, that isn’t possible. She did give me a discount on some bits I bought which was nice of her.

So the Emma Hardie cleansing balm went in the bin… and I won’t be buying any of her products again. I’m not paying that much to have to melt wax lumps in a microwave… I really don’t think that is safe practice, and this is a luxury product! Plus her customer service is disgraceful.

Sticking to the original Elemis balm at the moment. Still tempted by the new balm but cant really justify it when I have a stash of C&P to use up…

I bought a set on offer on the 14th from EH, brilliant deal face mask £40, lip balm £14 and 15ml cleansing balm for £20.

So ordered 14th nothing happens until the 21st, and it moves to in process then nothing. So I had to phone on Thursday and the phone answered quickly. Seems my order was shipped, but I was given no tracking, and it did arrive as I was told on the Friday. I got a survey to do, which arrived the day after I ordered on the 14th. Said the products are brilliant, but their ordering and shipping is down right awful. Give them 3 stars, and that was just for the products.

I bought a set on offer on the 14th from EH, brilliant deal face mask £40, lip balm £14 and 15ml cleansing balm for £20.

So ordered 14th nothing happens until the 21st, and it moves to in process then nothing. So I had to phone on Thursday and the phone answered quickly. Seems my order was shipped, but I was given no tracking, and it did arrive as I was told on the Friday. I got a survey to do, which arrived the day after I ordered on the 14th. Said the products are brilliant, but their ordering and shipping is down right awful. Give them 3 stars, and that was just for the products.
It’s a real shame, as I really liked the fragrance and texture of the EH balm. But not happy to have to put it in the microwave, and my face did tingle a bit after using it…
They do need to sort their customer service out though..I was a first time buyer, and won’t be back.

Latest posts

Back