Affordable Skincare at Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

David Gant male supermodel swears by A'Kin rosehip oil it seems.

Can I once again praise dear old Marks and Spence own brand ranges of skin care. They also do more high end brands now too.

Avene a French drug store brand sold in Boots is also excellent.

I am older and wiser now, so Molton Brown if you read the back of the bottle is full of cheap foaming agents etc. Not worth the money to be honest. I still like their Seamoss salts thing, but refuse to pay what they charge for them now. I find it funny on the FB QVC page they whine about MB and the old days. IF, the brand returned to QVC no way would you get the prices so fondly remembered. You will be looking at TSV prices the same as L'Occitane £50+, and then the WHAT!!!!!!?????????? I am not paying that!

Liz Earle won't return with her own brand, she was dissing recently in a newspaper about only being remembered for skin care. She has moved on to organic farming etc. Also no doubt signed something with Avon that she won't return to the cosmetic industry. You want your £35(or whatever) million, sign here.

I also am extremely impressed with M&S beauty hall Donna, the selection is great and high end brands too.

I bought the Ren bio retinol anti ageing cream last week when they had a 20% off beauty day and Im very impressed with it, I ended up paying only £33 for it BEAT THAT QVC

I just don't see why qvc would be able to sell cheaper brands the postage that qvc charge would not allow that. just pop down the high street and there is lots on offer.

It's good to hear that M&S are offering some quality products. I just never think to check them out - until the other day. They have an offer on at the moment and if you buy a couple of products from various beauty ranges there are some nice free gifts. They have a Leighton Denny offer where they are giving away a crystal finish top coat with every 2 LD purchases. I'd be up for that except that strangely they don't sell the LD undercover. I use both and it would have been a good deal.

Our local M and S is only a very small branch so they don`t have a great choice in skincare. Many moons ago I bought lots of skincare from Q but not anymore. I buy the SBC collagen gel from them, in fact I like the collagen cleanser too but use other cleansers as well and Q still offers the best deals on SBC for size and price. Other than that I use Boots or Superdrug for most things and my face looks no worse than when I used more expensive brands and I must say I`ve been pretty impressed with some items from Asda`s Nspa range, especially their night cream and cleanser. When I visit a larger Marks I`ll checkout their stuff and probably have a dabble with it.

You've GOT to try the GLAMGLOW mud mask expensive but by God it produces !

QVC US stock this range and apparently it's coming to QVCUK in the Fall

Ill be scrutinising the pricing though, as Im an M&S premium club card holder !

I can recommend M & S night oil. Think the range is called "Pure" I know it's not decleor but then at £6 a bottle it is a bargain as it lasts ages, it gets good on line reviews and has been compared to the Estée Lauder advanced night treatment stuff. Smells lovely too!

marks and spencer have some of their ranges made by Clinique and arden read that somewhere so their ranges will be quality

I can't really buy skincare from Q, apart from Liz Earle superskin, and it's more economical to buy that in the local John Lewis. My skin is very oily, sensitive, reactive, I have both spots and rosacea, and I think I'm getting premature wrinkles from using spot treatments/sun sensitising ingredients. I can't use any fragrance, essential oils or alcohol or my skin goes berserk. This rules out basically everything on Q apart from the superskin, I use that just on the cheeks as the rest of my face is far too oily. I'm trying the Alpha H balancing cleanser atm as it's meant to be very gentle, but I think it's causing itching on my jawline. That's cheaper elsewhere anyway.
Also, re a post above that mentions affordable facial oils, on the rare occasions I use one I've had good results from using plain rosehip seed oil. It's a lot cheaper to buy from aromatherapy type sellers on Amazon and Ebay than branded ones like Trilogy. It's unfragranced, calming on the skin and antioxidant.

I can recommend M & S night oil. Think the range is called "Pure" I know it's not decleor but then at £6 a bottle it is a bargain as it lasts ages, it gets good on line reviews and has been compared to the Estée Lauder advanced night treatment stuff. Smells lovely too!

Yes I bought it and it was great for the price.

Latest posts

Back