Air Fryer advice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saintslad

Registered Shopper
So I've added a new kitchen device to the home, an air fryer. Only done chicken nuggets so far (lazy I know) - any tips or advice please? Am thinking scampi or spring rolls. I do like the Iceland duck spring rolls! Just cannot be faffed with turning the full size oven on for just me.

Love my air fryer! I bought the Ninja double one when it was a TSV. I previously had a cooks essential single one I bought from the outlet shop a couple of years ago when they were selling off mountains of brand new boxed ones. The Ninja one is brill and I use it nearly every day.

I’ve had a Philips air fryer for years and wouldn’t be without it. If yours doesn’t come with a small baking/roasting dish, and you’ve nothing similar and suitable already that will fit, then it’s worth investing in one. I roast veg, toast pine nuts, cook sausage rolls, heat up a couple of slices of garlic bread, it does a small piece of salmon in ten minutes and, if you put a bit of oil in that baking dish, it’ll do a great fried egg in no time.

Without the dish it makes really good oven chips, again in ten minutes (try the Albert Bartlett Rooster ones, they work well), great for a quick chip butty. Chicken Kiev works well too, as it‘s not cooking in a soggy puddle of garlic butter.

I have the cooks escentuals one from QVC outlet bought years ago it's ok but heard the Lidl one's are fab when they have them. Drain a tin of new potatoes and pop them in for 15 mins for quick mini roast pots.

I still have the original Tefal with the rotating paddle. Fine for chips, but obliterates fish fingers and similar fragile foods. But I now use my new TSV Ninja Foodi double more than that one.

I use it for part-baked rolls, but instead of sprinkling them with water as the cooking instructions say, I put water in the bottom of the tray BELOW the grid, seems to work well.

Many years ago I ordered some nail polish for £18 and was sent a £90 air fryer by mistake. I kept it as I thought it was pay back for all of the postage they’ve had off me over the years 😵👍😂. It has been buried at the back of the pantry but recently got it out to use when our grandson just wants some fries. I think it cooks them better than the oven. 👍

Latest posts

Back