Alex - No Wages

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sure Alex is channelling Dennis Norden and his clipboard they way she carries her iPad around with her everywhere, glued into the crook of her elbow. IMO they are all shouty loud but I do find her more irritating that most.

I've had an idea - maybe we should start a crowd funded whip-round for starving QVC presenters who forgot to ask for their pay? I'm sure we'd all want to contibute ;P

Our money would be better spent helping graham upgrade the forum :RpS_thumbup:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/upgrade-forum-to-vbulletin-5-and-install

I very much doubt all the presenters get paid the same. Someone may well be employed but some will be self employed.

I also can’t see all the presenters being on the same salary contract.
Would have thought there would be a pay structure like in other places of work that rewards experience and years of service.
Just couldn’t see someone new starting on a temporary basis being paid say as Julia.

And yet Katy Pulloneover says the presenters are salaried because QVC know they do X amount of hours each month could be different days but same amount of hours a month. But it’s like that old joke, how do you know when a QVC presenter is lying, their lips move so who knows, who cares. :RpS_cool:

I also can’t stand Alex Kramer and her self entitled attitude. I think she’s at QVC because she hypnotises punters in to buying, those hands never stop moving. :RpS_lol:

Would that be the same Katy Pulloneover, who never fails to drop in, I live on the south cost!!!

Yes, WHY does she say that ? I think she lives in Whitstable, and as someone who was born and brought up in Ramsgate which is PROPERLY on the south coast, then Whitstable is more SE and facing the North Sea ! Is there some kudos I wasn't aware of at living at the coast ?

Katy Pulloneover (love that name, Shopps) lives in Poole & doesn't she love to tell everyone that she lives on the south coast..?

Yes, WHY does she say that ? I think she lives in Whitstable, and as someone who was born and brought up in Ramsgate which is PROPERLY on the south coast, then Whitstable is more SE and facing the North Sea ! Is there some kudos I wasn't aware of at living at the coast ?

Katy lives in Dorset

Remember how they were always saying they aren’t paid on commission therefore they had nothing to gain by pushing sales.

Pull the other one, maybe no actual commission per sale but definitely sales figures would be taken into consideration when contracts/salary were up for negotiation.

Around the time of Craigs search for a presenter they had a search amongst customers for the “face of EEK”. She disappeared after a few outings and now it A Keenan every blindly time it on.

Katy Pulloneover (love that name, Shopps) lives in Poole & doesn't she love to tell everyone that she lives on the south coast..?

I think “Pulloneover” really suits her T, because let’s face it she never stops trying to. :RpS_laugh:

b I think QVC pay that well (or should that be the customers pay that well) full time wage/part time hours, that they don’t need other jobs to supplement the pay. If Craig Rowe had to survive on stripping to pay the rent bless him, the poor bugger would starve :RpS_mellow:

T be careful, remember to always put the cup down first. :RpS_love: :RpS_love:

I met someone who knows Catherine Huntley and she said she gets good money.

Katy lives in Dorset

Ok ladies I stand corrected. I saw some pics she posted with her children saying she was in Whitstable, and I took it to mean she lived there.

I met someone who knows Catherine Huntley and she said she gets good money.

Don't tell me, - the Gary Lineker of shopping channels ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok ladies I stand corrected. I saw some pics she posted with her children saying she was in Whitstable, and I took it to mean she lived there.

You weren't incorrect, just misled by her. I can remember her saying she was taken to her local hospital in Poole, the way she goes on it's as though she's a close neighbour of the Redknapps. Very much like Pipa living in the Cotswolds.

She according to her last show with Melissa Hardy, they live a few streets away from another

I always knew they are self-employed and each year has to negotiate their own contracts, hours and wages.

The longer you are there no doubt have much better contracts than those who only joined in recent years. When Debbie Greenwood was let go an outrage from her fans and she was doing a lot of bitching on her twitter about QVC. I remember a thread on here and it was thought that QVC just was not offering what she thought she was worth. QVC just let her go and she was quite bitter about it. Julian left around the same time but he did much fewer hours than Debbie and had quite a few other things work wise so did not seem that bothered.

I remember in the days of Rob Locke, he inferred they got paid on sales, as he used to brag his figures were near the top.

I remember in the days of Rob Locke, he inferred they got paid on sales, as he used to brag his figures were near the top.

Probably did in the old days when he was there but since the internet you can order anything any time, even when no one is selling it, so that’s probably why they changed the way they’re paid. For all the use they are, I don’t see that presenters are necessary or worth what they’re paid.

Whatever way it is on the face of it it’s money for old rope. ofcourse we have no idea of what it’s like to work for Q, I think of them as a call centre with makeup.

One minute I think it must be cushy because they don’t seem to be able to get rid of them but then I remember that they probably couldnt get an overpaid, all you can eat buffet of goodies, sycophants massaging your over inflated ego all day in any other job so no matter what the downsides may be they will stick like **** to a blanket.

Latest posts

Back