Julia - Away for a few months

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EleanorFrancis

Registered Shopper
Hi all,

I saw Julia say that she was now off and not returning until towards the end of January....

No reasons given, which is unlike her, as we all know how she likes to boost about a big expensive holiday away or writing for her next book.

Is she going under the knife?
Is she finally going to retire?

She is pushing 70 and age has really caught up with her now...wonder if she is being pushed out or maybe she can't do it anymore. She has achieved success and become wealthy, and it was a great achievement to reach 30 years - maybe she doesn't have the motivation anymore?

Hi all,

I saw Julia say that she was now off and not returning until towards the end of January....

No reasons given, which is unlike her, as we all know how she likes to boost about a big expensive holiday away or writing for her next book.

Is she going under the knife?
Is she finally going to retire?

She is pushing 70 and age has really caught up with her now...wonder if she is being pushed out or maybe she can't do it anymore. She has achieved success and become wealthy, and it was a great achievement to reach 30 years - maybe she doesn't have the motivation anymore?
She’s having her mules surgically removed

I am sure I saw somewhere that her time off is connected to another book coming out.

Surely no one reads these self published “novels” certainly not me. I think there is another reason.

I didn’t know that she self published. She's probably got a limited following, probably from talking about her books on QVC. It takes a lot of dedication to write a book, so my hat is off to her, but knowing her as a presenter on QVC, I'm not tempted to read anything she's written.

I didn’t know that she self published. She's probably got a limited following, probably from talking about her books on QVC. It takes a lot of dedication to write a book, so my hat is off to her, but knowing her as a presenter on QVC, I'm not tempted to read anything she's written.
I am a writer, she is a very poor writer who only writes fiction so she sits and makes it up, certainly not a famous writer. I only write non fiction. I would never be tempted to read her stuff but also I never read fiction anyway so biased!

She started off self publishing but then went with a publisher. I have (embarrassingly) listened to 2 of her novels on audible. Whilst the general storylines were in many ways quite clever, she annoyed me so much with many of the characterisations.

She’s probably finishing her latest novel because I heard her mentioning it on one of her shows. Meeting a deadline and then Christmas might be the reason she’s taking a break. 🤔

However much energy Julia has, she is at an age where you do sometimes have to carve out space for your priorities. Her position at Q is, I believe, secure… and dealing with a serious chronic illness with treatment that must be debilitating (I’ve never heard of any form of chemotherapy that gives you an energy boost), so she’s in a good position to take an extended break.

If she has a deadline from a publisher, quite right to give it some dedicated time to get it done. Then I hope she can devote more time and energy to her family across a time of year when we all tend to think of loved ones near and far.

It may also be that she is thinking of reducing her role on Q… not so much that her departure would be a damp squib, but enough that she can adjust to not being the doyenne of Q she currently is.

While I find her to be very me, me, me and far too often dishing out catty comments to guests; I still think she comes across as far more professional than many other presenters, and she will be a loss to Q on those grounds alone when she finally steps away from the studio.

Latest posts

Back