Brands...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
It has been a little while since we had a thread about what brands we'd like to see on QVC... As well as brands that maybe Q had and has now lost.

So, are there any brands that would either entice you to shop more (or even again - as I know many of you don't anymore) with QVC or just a brand that you love and would like the chance to get on easy pay (after all Q think thats one of their major selling points, especially for brands like apple). Are there any you'd also like to see come back?

I'm really into Kate Spade New York at the moment, some her pieces are a little out there (I don't tend to go for those ones), but others are very classy, to me she's the American Lulu Guinness but as well as doing handbags she also offers clothing and jewellery and even homeware. I'd like to see this on Q.

I'd also really like to see a fashion brand selling clothing people actually want to wear and that are made from materials other than that slinky knit jersey stuff that 99% of the clothing Q sells is made from...

As for coming back I'd love to see Aveda back, but know this is very, very unlikely.

I would like to see:

Avalon Organics - their Vitamin C facial renewal cream and eye cream is nothing short of amazing.
Cartier - 'Cos I collect Cartier keyrings -have got 26 of them so far - old and new.
Levi's
Vans
Adidas Originals
Picard bags
Stock, Aitken & Waterman CD box sets!
Pergale chocolates
Slick 50
Technics audio
Basildon Bond writing paper - because I'd like to get everyone writing real letters again.
Fisher - Space Pen - the best pens in the business.
Enid Blyton books - box sets - because her books are magical and hark back to a period before my time that I'd dearly love to have seen, when England was really England.
Ermenegildo Zegna
Zegna Sport
Prada

Last edited:
I would like to see:

Avalon Organics - their Vitamin C facial renewal cream and eye cream is nothing short of amazing.
Cartier - 'Cos I collect Cartier keyrings -have got 26 of them so far - old and new.
Levi's
Vans
Adidas Originals
Picard bags
Stock, Aitken & Waterman CD box sets!
Pergale chocolates
Slick 50
Technics audio
Basildon Bond writing paper - because I'd like to get everyone writing real letters again.
Fisher - Space Pen - the best pens in the business.
Enid Blyton books - box sets - because her books are magical and hark back to a period before my time that I'd dearly love to have seen, when England was really England.
Ermenegildo Zegna
Zegna Sport
Prada

Fisher Space pens are great. But what will always make me laugh is the tale that a lot of money was spent by the Americans in the product development of a pen you could use in space. ... the Russians used a pencil!

Agree about Enid Blyton box sets too. They sell them quite cheaply in The Works. So far I have bought a Secret Seven, Mallory Towers and the Magic Faraway tree and "the Island of Adventure" box set for my children when they get older. I am still on the lookout for The Famous Five and Twins at St.Clare's sets.

Fisher Space pens are great. But what will always make me laugh is the tale that a lot of money was spent by the Americans in the product development of a pen you could use in space. ... the Russians used a pencil!

Agree about Enid Blyton box sets too. They sell them quite cheaply in The Works. So far I have bought a Secret Seven, Mallory Towers and the Magic Faraway tree and "the Island of Adventure" box set for my children when they get older. I am still on the lookout for The Famous Five and Twins at St.Clare's sets.

Ah yes, I read them all when I was learning English. I will have to see if there is a branch of The Works near me. I thought that chain had long since closed, however I see their logo on a Love2Shop voucher I won in an incentive competition at work. I was keeping it to buy some Boots Soltan sun cream when it comes on offer, however I might buy some books instead.

There's one in Harrow, apparently, - which is about 8 miles from where I live. But there's also one in Luton, where I'm going this weekend as I'm buying a flat there. Will definitely call into The Works and see what's there. I still have a Sherlock Holmes box set I bought from them years ago, along with the complete works of Shakespeare, and Descartes! Haven't read the Shakespeare ones yet though. I feel as though I ought to, however I find them rather tedious, but then I am very common and tabloidy!

Last edited:
Burberry makeup
Tom Ford makeup
Cle du Peu
Colourpop

PSML at the thought they would even consider going to QVC.
Oh and no doubt if they actually did more expensive than you can buy elsewhere.

Peter Thomas Roth would be nice,he is on QVC US and I used his stuff long ago. Nice brand.

I'd like a Bobbi Brown tsv but we don't seem to get one from that brand....sadly

Big problem is that when Q gets their hands on a brand they ruin it so after excited anticipation it would be a made for Q tat and you would be put off the brand.

If it is a brand you use all the time you need to get it at best value = certainly not Q
If it is an expensive brand you will only buy once a year you will wait for the best deal = certainly not Q

I doubt any of us will remain customers once the 30 day MBG ever goes and I think it will eventually. Even if we don't use it we think of it as a security blanket.

They need to sort the postage rates out first and foremost and then expand the ranges to sell at a similar price as other online stores.

Stop with the Eek - go back to proper jewellery, enough is enough.

If we must have hours and hours of beauty every day at least change the bleeding record from the same 3 or 4 brands on a continual loop.
I don't use EP so that doesn't attract me.

I would certainly like to see less Gardening (although we have an entire day of it tomorrow) as i cannot stand RJ! I'd also like to see more beauty brands get TSV's it seems to be same ones over and over again.

I don't want to see more high street brands on QVC - what's the point of that?

I'd like to see what they used to do - lots of inventions, new ideas and niche items that you can't get in everyday stores.

Also, a return to good quality and unusual gems set in gold not silver.

Wow! Memory lane. I grew up on all those books as well as Billy Bunter and the Little House books. LOVED Mallory Towers and so aggrieved that my parents didn't send me to boarding school LOL. Must go and look on The Works.

CC

Julius & Candycane- the only thing with the Works is one week they will have them in stock and then they may not for a bit, but they always get them back.

Would love them to get 'Fitflops' on. I don't wear anything else now. Boots when it's cold and sandals when it's warm. Comfiest footwear ever!

Julius & Candycane- the only thing with the Works is one week they will have them in stock and then they may not for a bit, but they always get them back.

Thanks, Weather. I'm going up to Luton on Sunday so am going to make The Works my first port of call once I exit the car park. Am so excited about buying flat!!! Am already making plans to have it just how I want it - cherry wood flooring, wooden curtain poles with rings that make a nice sound when I swish open the cream velour curtains in the morning. I want to have an oval coffee table with a glass top, on a Chinese rug. I want spider plants and Bonsai trees, a leather corner group suite and a bean bag! I want slate flooring in the bathroom and a floor-to-ceiling towel rail. I want new storage heaters, for the kitchen I want everything done in black, white, silver and grey. I want a halogen oven, a sandwich toaster and a small fridge. For the balcony I want a small bistro table and 2 chairs. For the bedroom I want a waterbed, and a newsprint effect duvet based around tabloid newspapers! I want a table with a bakelite telephone, or possibly a reproduction trim 'phone. I don't want any television. There won't be a television in the flat - just radio and internet.

There's one in Harrow, apparently, - which is about 8 miles from where I live. But there's also one in Luton, where I'm going this weekend as I'm buying a flat there. Will definitely call into The Works and see what's there. I still have a Sherlock Holmes box set I bought from them years ago, along with the complete works of Shakespeare, and Descartes! Haven't read the Shakespeare ones yet though. I feel as though I ought to, however I find them rather tedious, but then I am very common and tabloidy!

Julius, there is also a Works in Bedford, and in the Galleria at Hatfield - so you're sorted !!! (p.s. Hitchin is good for restaurants)

I DO wish the Temp-tations bakeware would return ; there are shedloads on the US website but apart from the initial run years ago, its only been soup dishes since. An excellent range that's so colourful.

Re the jewellery, I came across some old computer printouts of my QVC gold jewellery from 2004 ! oooooh peridot and 9 ct gold ring for £71. a 9ct gold and 2.1ct amethyst ring for an amaaaaazing £58.97 !!!!! My pride of joy is a 16ct single stone swiss blue topaz in 9ct white gold ring for......... wait for it......... in clearance at £61.37 Those were the days.

Thanks, Weather. I'm going up to Luton on Sunday so am going to make The Works my first port of call once I exit the car park. Am so excited about buying flat!!! Am already making plans to have it just how I want it - cherry wood flooring, wooden curtain poles with rings that make a nice sound when I swish open the cream velour curtains in the morning. I want to have an oval coffee table with a glass top, on a Chinese rug. I want spider plants and Bonsai trees, a leather corner group suite and a bean bag! I want slate flooring in the bathroom and a floor-to-ceiling towel rail. I want new storage heaters, for the kitchen I want everything done in black, white, silver and grey. I want a halogen oven, a sandwich toaster and a small fridge. For the balcony I want a small bistro table and 2 chairs. For the bedroom I want a waterbed, and a newsprint effect duvet based around tabloid newspapers! I want a table with a bakelite telephone, or possibly a reproduction trim 'phone. I don't want any television. There won't be a television in the flat - just radio and internet.

Everything mentioned is readily available from Q:mysmilie_11:

Julius you may even find the complete works of Shakespeare in there too. Along with anything for arts and crafts, stationery to rival Basildon Bond, proper pencils... and some very random stuff crammed into a small space. Along with Lidl I love the Works for randomness! I never go in without buying something.

Latest posts

Back