Thompson & Morgan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catzrcool

Registered Shopper
Ok some of the plants are lovely, but the prices are shocking. Clematis Niobe 2 for £22 (Inc p & p) I got one in morrys last week, it was £2 and was nothing like the 2 sticks they showed on Q. They were covered in leaves and about a foot high. Very healthy.

Now they have Dianthus on and I got one for £2.50 also from Morrys and that is a chunky plant as well. Q's are £30 for 6. Daylight robbery. It's not just T & M it's all the companies selling plants on the telly.

I understand that many people can't get out to physically buy plants, but if they were to have a look on Amazon or eBay, or even Groupon they would save a lot of money.

Mind you I really enjoy growing my own seeds. Our kitchen gets the sun all day and seeds come on great on the windowsill. Lots cheaper than buying from the telly and very satisfying to see them flower. That's my moan for the day.

Last edited:
Well Catzrcool you are echoing everything I keep saying. QVC must do well with the very expensive plants because they have been selling them for years now. Its not just the plants but all the fertilisers and add ons that are triple or even 4 times shop prices. Just bought a fern from Homebase in a 2 litre pot its huge and chunky reduced from £9 which is a steal anyway to £4.00.

We bought a rhododendron last year from Lidl much bigger than Q's or ideal world and covered in buds, cost £5.99. it's budding up now. And as for 4 fruit trees on IW £40 but going "back up" to £100 + p & p, just too ridiculous for words. A fiver each in Poundstretcher.

Anyway just started with my seeds, I really enjoy doing them. I buy Miracle Grow and have even bought plant food from the pound shop. I don't think anyone really needs flower power. Far too expensive for my pocket anyway. But I daresay a lot of folk buy it and get good results, but I am happy with what I use.

I have to say the qvc prices for gardening are actually outrageous my best plant buy's are from lidl homebase and ebay at a fraction of qvc although i am finding the general increase in garden plants going up at a pace i fear we are all being ripped of generally.

Latest posts

Back