So Has Gok Wan…

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
..with his brand WULI:LUU by Gok Wan also left QVCUK?
Only think it was the last couple of days a presenter said something along the lines of Gok used to come to QVCUK to do regular WULI:LUU shows.
I see his clothing range on the website is in clearance, but like with Michele Hope has there been an official announcement made by either Gok or QVCUK?

Best part of his shows was the lovely model Emma, she always made his clothing look the best it could. I believe she had something to do with a Love Island App???
Don‘t see enough of her on Q.

Shedding lots of brands then ! shame they're not shedding the presenters as well. The writing is now clearly on the wall.

We'll know the games up when Melissa's presentations become fewer, and Marla Wynne is all on clearance ! Even Marie-Francois hasn't been seen for a while on Kipling ! But I bet old Abbi Meatcleaver will be hanging on to the death with Ultransun - bet she's wishing she never started her skincare range now.

Shedding lots of brands then ! shame they're not shedding the presenters as well. The writing is now clearly on the wall.

We'll know the games up when Melissa's presentations become fewer, and Marla Wynne is all on clearance ! Even Marie-Francois hasn't been seen for a while on Kipling ! But I bet old Abbi Meatcleaver will be hanging on to the death with Ultransun - bet she's wishing she never started her skincare range now.
kipling with marie was only on the other day & they had quite a few new items

My sister bought a few items of his clothes and she looked fantastic in them. The quality was superb but they come up larger than stated. She is mega tall so they fit her well. They are in clearance so you could grab a few bits with the SALE15 discount on top.

Seems like they are going for more names such as Monsoon , White Stuff etc. Problem is first chance they get Q turns them into clones of Q fashion. Only available on Q.
Goks oversized clothes always seem frumpy to me.
I really don't see the point. Even if there are a large contingent of people who can't get out to the shops, all these places have websites that can be ordered from and more than likely better terms all round. There might be a slight saving when there's a TSV "made for Q" special - Bit crafty that, as something that's not available elsewhere means they can pluck a price out of the sky and shave a few quid off it.
If this trend continues then we'll be pretty much stuck with Marla Wynne and Kim and Co, and there's enough of them already!

I think he lost the plot some time ago.
Never did like his ideas of how women should dress those tv shows he made years ago were dreadful then he made them walk down the catwalk in a shopping mail then strip off naked at the end and this was supposed to make them proud of their bodies and give them confidence couldn’t think of anything worse 🤣

The one thing I didn’t like about his shows was he put ladies into armoured plated shapewear
so obviously they had a shape but how comfortable could that be for everyday life. Apart from everything else those he promoted cost a fortune and you would need at least half a dozen to cover washing and different colours.

I did like the one where he went up against Brix Smith Start with him buying out of Primark type shops, altering them and putting them up against her choice of designer goods and asking people which was best without knowing the price. However whilst his may have looked ok in catwalk lighting etc they would have been rough close up and unlikely to wash as he sewed chains, feathers etc onto a £2 T-shirt so ok for a TV show but a bit untrue to say it was just as good as a £3000 dress.

I've not bought anything from Gok's range I never saw anything I liked. I like Monsoon and Phase Eight I watch the presentations then look online to see who's cheaper with free postage which is usually the brand's own website. I have in the past bought a cardigan from Marlawynne but on eBay for only a few pounds and I like it but I wouldn't pay the prices on screen. Sounds like I'm being tight but with the cost of living rising the prices on QVC are a joke at times even if the presenters say think about the cost per wear!

Latest posts

Back