Brands...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

its true about the main selling points are the jewellery and niche products. buying clarks shoes on qvc is not my idea of niche

Julius you may even find the complete works of Shakespeare in there too. Along with anything for arts and crafts, stationery to rival Basildon Bond, proper pencils... and some very random stuff crammed into a small space. Along with Lidl I love the Works for randomness! I never go in without buying something.

I can't wait to go there. Last time I bought anything at The Works was in Brighton in about 2005! They used to have a shop in Western Road. I absolutely love books. Will probably come out of there with bagfuls of things! If they're flogging Flint's efforts I won't touch them, though!

I used to love the Smashbox TSV's. I know you can get the brand in boots and Debenham's but it's not the same as opening that lovely box with all the goodies inside. And I always loved the American presenter guy, funny and so enthusiastic!.... Those were the days

I used to love the Smashbox TSV's. I know you can get the brand in boots and Debenham's but it's not the same as opening that lovely box with all the goodies inside. And I always loved the American presenter guy, funny and so enthusiastic!.... Those were the days

Do you mean Timber? I loved him too. Smashbox TSV's were great. So too were Philosphy, L'Occitane and Molton Brown in the old days.

Yes that's right!... Well remembered, I'd never have got that.... Yes, he was great, really loved his demo's and chats... Ahhhh, good times!

Yes that's right!... Well remembered, I'd never have got that.... Yes, he was great, really loved his demo's and chats... Ahhhh, good times!

I could watch an hour of Timber quite happily. Jill Goldsmith wittering on about heady nights of expectations when describing one of the smells of MB and Lee Radley from Philosophy were great guests who never bored me. Now I can't watch any of them for more than a couple of minutes with wanting to hurl the remote at the screen.

Do you mean Timber? I loved him too. Smashbox TSV's were great. So too were Philosphy, L'Occitane and Molton Brown in the old days.

Ah Timber, he was sooo funny! He was gay as a barrel of pink monkeys , but clearly the presenter ( I forget who) suggested he must have wallowed in the experience of making up bikini clad models on a beach shoot .He soon shot her down by saying ' anyone who knows me would know that it went straight over.my head'
A very subtle way of saying that he batted for the other team- hilarious!

I could watch an hour of Timber quite happily. Jill Goldsmith wittering on about heady nights of expectations when describing one of the smells of MB and Lee Radley from Philosophy were great guests who never bored me. Now I can't watch any of them for more than a couple of minutes with wanting to hurl the remote at the screen.

I think part of the problem is the frequency with which the brands are shown. If you like the brand and tune in regularly, they've exhausted their creativity and the repetition, with barely any variation, of the same collection of trite soundbites becomes boring. If we saw the brand reps less often (and the brands) it would be more exciting and interesting. They should be able to see the cause and effect of the diminishing numbers watching their TSVs live - it's not the case with the new brands - look at Marla Wynne's first TSV - huge numbers of sizes had gone before the morning show, never mind the first live presentation in the daytime. Similar surges of interest for the first Tarte TSV and others which had a groundswell of demand finally being satisfied.

It puts me in mind of the dilemma every comic faces when taking on a TV stint. It completely kills their stand up routine. Whereas pre-tv, they could get months if not years out of one routine... they can't get away with that once it's broadcast as the audience expects them to do new material. In a way, it's the same for the brands doing their presentations. They need to be able to present their sales points in fresh ways to keep a regular viewer engaged.

Latest posts

Back