Alexis - modern wife?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
"my husband is constantly going away on overnight business trips, i seem to be constantly packing or unpacking his sports or overnight bag...."

cant mr murdoch do that himself then? :thinking:

"my husband is constantly going away on overnight business trips, i seem to be constantly packing or unpacking his sports or overnight bag...."
cant mr murdoch do that himself then? :thinking:

That's because she checks his clothes for telltale "signs": all those "business trips" are remarkably suspicious.

Ooooh, I feel all Marti Webb: "Take that look off yer faaaace...!" :song: :song: :song:

:cheeky:

My husband works 240 miles away and is now away for a fortnight, he jolly well packs his own bags..............I do make him cakes to take with him though:sun:

When my hubby was away I always packed his bag, plus I would put biscuits in too. (I also unpacked it when he got back as well ) :blush::blush:

If I don't pack my husband's bag when he works away he ends up washing his face in shower gel and coming back looking like a spotty teenager.

When I had to travel for work I kept a "capsule" bag packed at all times with toiletries etc then just threw in clothes for each trip.

I hate the way some women try to make themselves indispensible to men by running around after their husbands/sons. Especially sons! If they wish to act like domestic skivvies to their husband that's bad enough, but to bring the next generation of men up to be useless twits....Grrrrr it makes my blood boil I have never treated my husband or sons as if they are either God's gift or incapable morons( whichever way you care to look at it)!

Have to agree with Pet Pixie here, my hubby goes off here there and everywhere and he does his own bloomin' packing and i make him put all the dirty clothes in a beag so i can turn it inside out in the washing machine!
Anyway i always calls his work trips his holidays! especially when he would swan off and leave me with 3 young kids to run around after! seems all he does is a bit of work and then gets to eat out in restaurants and gets expenses so it's free - jammy sod!
My son can cook for himself and do chores when forced and he is 15 and i wouldn't pack his bloomin' bag either!!! (probably cos i am an old bag!!!)

It is the duty of all mothers of sons to instruct them in how to care for themselves and be a worthwhile future husband to the unsuspecting future wife. I know from experience, more fool me, my ex became my other child but I do have a beautiful, caring, empathic and successful daughter who I hope will choose wisely when the time comes.

totally with you on this pet pixie. my son has done his own ironing from the age of 11. was responsible for packing his sports bags for school and I refused to bail them out if he forgot anything. theres nothing like taking the consequences for failure to teach someone pretty quickly

at the age of eighteen I stopped cooking for him prior to him going to Uni.
I envy the woman who gets him. He washes,cleans and hes a wicked cook now. after 3 months of living off pot noodles and junk crap he finally learnt how too.

my daughter gets the same treatment too. I always believed that my job as a mother was to raise independent responsible adults, not smother them and make them dependant.

Me too...my son is 13, does a wicked fry up, spag bol, hungarian goulash and can do a roast dinner. He can also iron. He just needs to perfect his washing up skills :grin:

Why can't I meet a bloke as good as my son????

My partner is currently in Spain. He packed his own bag and drove himself to the flipping airport too. My son is off to the east midlands for work on Monday and he'll be packing his own bag an' all. My son is only 20 but he works in IT and has to travel quite regularly.

Now I have to be honest if my partner keeps working away at weekends packing his own bags will be the least of his worries lol

Looks like im in the minority here !!!!!!!!. I did everything for my son, everything. And i loved every minute of it. He always knew i wasnt always going to be there. He moved in with his partner and is a very happy and can look after himself. For me, that was part of being a mother (I so know im going to be shouted down for this lol) and if he came home tomorrow I would do it all again.

i dont think there's anything fundamentally wrong with a woman who wants to "look after" her husband (although i do think it makes men potentially incapable so if the worst should happen and they're left on they're own they end up living on bread and jam)

the reason it struck me was that Alexis takes every opportunity to tell us about her uber-busy life. mum of 3 including one that's only a couple of months old, working for L'Occy, appearing on the telly....

and yet she still finds time to run about after the husband? something not ringing true there.

bet there's a nanny on the scene.

:blush: Im ashamed to admit that im one of those wives who does everything for her husband :blush: He often goes on overnight business trips and i always pack his bags mainly because there is no guarantee that even the essentials would be put in - clean undies, toothbrush etc.
He does not cook, does not clean but works long long hours, even at home well into the early hours so i view it as my contribution even though i have a full time job!! Its not what my mother did and my dad remains very self sufficient as does my brother so i dont really know where it comes from??

Last edited:
i dont think there's anything fundamentally wrong with a woman who wants to "look after" her husband (although i do think it makes men potentially incapable so if the worst should happen and they're left on they're own they end up living on bread and jam)
Serves the lazy sods right. :tongue:

the reason it struck me was that Alexis takes every opportunity to tell us about her uber-busy life. mum of 3 including one that's only a couple of months old, working for L'Occy, appearing on the telly....

and yet she still finds time to run about after the husband? something not ringing true there.

bet there's a nanny on the scene.
Yes I agree. I suspect the oh-so-posh Mrs Murdoch throws in these snippets of domesticity to inform her adoring public what a wonderful sooper dooper perfect Stepford Wife she is. :dull: In truth I bet she's got a nanny, au pair, cleaner, gardener etc...oh and a woman who is employed especially to clean all those guest bathrooms. :devil:

Husband goes away quite regularly. Packs his own bag,unpacks, then promptly throws all the dirty laundry on the floor for me to pick up!!!
But hey, don't get me started on husbands and sons..LOL!!

Latest posts

Back