Alpha-H: can't get past the fibbing..or can I??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I remember when Alpha-H came to QVC, Michelle said she'd been introduced to the brand because of her undefined 'skin condition', liked it so much she went to work for them. Then it came out she'd bought the company, fair enough. Now however she's introduced as the founder of the company...whole different ballgame no? BAnd watching a show I'd taped she says she was introduced to the brand and was the founder of the brand in the same sentence!!

I'd love to try the range as it gets rave reviews and it seems like a good price. But I can't get past the blatant fibbing and it makes me doubt what Michelle says. Of course there's fibbing from all brands on QVC/the High St etc but most of the time it's not so obvious. Anyone else bothered by it??

Tx

Hmmm I haven't heard the fibbing but I have seen her visibly upset when she talks about her bad skin - I echo a lot of her thoughts having suffered with it too...... I'm not really bothered how she came to bring alpha h over here I'm just chuffed I stumbled across it as I love the balancing cleanser - it's really worked wonders on my skin. I'd definitely recommend it, it's reasonably priced too compared to elemis and gatineau. I'm sure someone started a thread about Michelle having work done but if her skin had plagued her as much as she said it had I don't begrudge her extending the look of her clearer skin..... After years of being self concious I'd want to be able to shine too.

I have been trying Alpha H bcause the reviews everywhere were so good and I felt like my skin needed "a change" have to say I am very unimpressed. The balancing cleanser doesnt get all my make up off it wont shift BB gel eyeliner for love nor money, The creams seem very "runny", not sure if the liquid gold is actually doing anything at all it certainly doesnt "tingle" like they are always saying. I do quite like the eye complex but that is about it.

Guess its just not for me will stick it out for a couple more weeks to give it chance then I think I will stick to my Elemis. Just goes to show how different ranges suit different people.

I know what you mean about the fibbng if they are going to "stretch" the truth at least be consistent about it. I take everything said with a very large pinch of salt and look for "real" peoples reviews before purchasing anything nowadays

maybe she discovered the product and founded the brand. its odds on that the labs that produce it sell it to other distributors too. unless you can imagine michelle hunched over a petrie dish and test tube creating her own creams a la Lulu!

I just did some googling and apparently what she says is like a combination of truths! She was introduced to the range in NZ, bought the company and introduced it to Australia, expanding the range from the original 2 products to over 50. So she is kind of the founder as she founded another arm to the original company but she didn't create the original products. I suppose I just wish people were clearer, when you know something is a half truth then it's natural to doubt what they're saying about products too i think.

i used alpha h to try and treat my acne and it ended up making it far worce and took months of not useing anything to get it it back to how it was in the first place, try it sparingly on a small area at first is my advice

Alpha H has really helped to clear my skin after years of a constant battle. For months now my skin has been clear and that's due to Alpha H.

Had Michelle not bought the company (or worked for it and then bought the company), developing more products, Alpha H wouldn't be what it is today. I'm sure it has a ways to go before some of the larger cosmetics companies have to worry about her competition. But she probably could do it.

Ray Kroc wasn't the orginal owner of McDonald's but he bought the company and took it to where it pretty much is today. People see him as the creator/founder of the McDonald's empire because he built it up to such a success. The original owners/creators get a mention but they are just a footnote in fast food history.

I don't think any confusion you may have regarding just when Michelle jumped into the Alpha H business is any trickery set up to deceive, just presenters not getting the story out clearly. The shows are live TV, things get said awkwardly sometimes and not immediatley clarified.

If you have problems with your skin, get one of the kits and try them. Smaller investment if the range doesn't suit you.

Latest posts

Back