Alpha-H Liquid Gold Supersize 200ml vs Glycolic acid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Hi I'm thinking of using my £10 money off promo code to buy the beauty product of the month Alpha-H Liquid Gold Supersize 200ml.

I've been reading the reviews and it seems that people on the whole love it. Is it any better than using Glycolic Acid (30%) which I've bought from the Bravura website but been too nervous to use?

Everything you needed to know (and didn't need to know) about glycolic acid

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-glycolic-acid.htm

I did buy & use Alpha-H Liquid Gold before my sensitivity kicked in. It did not make any noticeable difference to my two dark spots. Then I read that the percentage was not high enough.
It tingled just the once - first use and nothing after that.

The only thing I would consider is how often you will use it. I use it 2-3 times a week and it last ages. I'm not sure how long it stays active.

I was going to try the Alpha-H Liquid Gold because the lady guest kept saying how they will remove pigmentation , but if they don't, I won't bother. I have a few freckle like ? melasma pigmentation and I really want them to go. I don't use foundation so they do show:sad:

The only thing I would consider is how often you will use it. I use it 2-3 times a week and it last ages. I'm not sure how long it stays active.

I think Tom said once opened, it's shelf life is two years and the 100ml should last 3-4 months.

I was going to try the Alpha-H Liquid Gold because the lady guest kept saying how they will remove pigmentation , but if they don't, I won't bother. I have a few freckle like ? melasma pigmentation and I really want them to go. I don't use foundation so they do show:sad:

Same here.
I can't get on with sunscreen (tried loads) & I'm not a foundation wearer either. Hate the stuff & quite honestly, I don't need it.
My compromise is to spot treat the discolouration with SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral Defense & use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a moisturiser (it also repairs damage to the skin done by accidental sun exposure). Sometimes I wear Tinted Moisturiser with an SPF, but I have yet to find one sheer enough to encourage me to wear it everyday.
Still searching.

Same here.
I can't get on with sunscreen (tried loads) & I'm not a foundation wearer either. Hate the stuff & quite honestly, I don't need it.
My compromise is to spot treat the discolouration with SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral Defense & use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a moisturiser (it also repairs damage to the skin done by accidental sun exposure). Sometimes I wear Tinted Moisturiser with an SPF, but I have yet to find one sheer enough to encourage me to wear it everyday.
Still searching.

Laura Mercier tinted moisturisers are light and sheer. I really think hers are the best on the market. Not cheap at about £33 for a 40ml tube though.

Totally agree ;LM cosmetics are the best :)

I've previously posted about how good her mosaics are compared to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks. A totally different league IMVHO

Laura Mercier tinted moisturisers are light and sheer. I really think hers are the best on the market. Not cheap at about £33 for a 40ml tube though.

Yes, I bought it a few months ago and although it is more expensive than any foundation/tm I have used before (€55.00), it is worth it and lasts ages.

Another fan here of Laura Mercier,have been using her products for years,the tinted moisturiser and primer are the best.
Lynn

Min have you tried Skinceuticals CE Ferulic at all? It's had some pretty rave reviews as a sunscreen. I used to use it when I was worried about my pigmentation problems getting worse. They didn't get worse and I didn't get any more but as mine was down to laser treatment I wavered and stopped using it after a couple of years.

Liquid gold didn't work for me but I've given up trying to do anything about it and I don't know if my pigmentation can be faded. I'm not sure I can be arsed to keep trying products to find out.

Min have you tried Skinceuticals CE Ferulic at all? It's had some pretty rave reviews as a sunscreen. I used to use it when I was worried about my pigmentation problems getting worse. They didn't get worse and I didn't get any more but as mine was down to laser treatment I wavered and stopped using it after a couple of years.

Liquid gold didn't work for me but I've given up trying to do anything about it and I don't know if my pigmentation can be faded. I'm not sure I can be arsed to keep trying products to find out.

No, I haven't tried that one. I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
I'm only using the SkinCeuticals Mineral one on my two brown spots because it's the last one I bought & I can tolerate the white cast on just two patches.
Got a sample of La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL at the same time, but it give me spots for the first time in at least a decade.
I've lost track of how many sunscreens I've begged, borrowed or bought quite honestly.
I thought the answer may lie in a TM with SPF. The next time I'm out & about I'll find a Laura Mercier counter.
I've used Clinique City Block - OK for winter, but deathly this time of year.

Truth be told, I've never got over Mary Quant doing the dirty by not making Starkers any more!
http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/Co.../X20L/objects/record.htm?type=object&id=50286
Then Oil of Olay let me down! Their first TM was great
sigh

Last edited:
Have you got any mineral powder hanging around? I make my own by mixing with moisturiser and can adjust the amount of cover to a certain extent. Some minerals will give a shinier finish than others so you may need to play around (if you can be bothered).

I think Alpha H is a really good brand...whenever I have used it I have seen a difference to my skin. I have had pigmentation marks due to acne, but it very strong and can be a bit frightening to use from very very gentle products.

I have alternated between rosehip oil (for a few months) and Alpha H (for a few weeks) and I think the combination of exfoliating with Alpha H and the rosehip has meant that my skin is still scarred but considerably considerably less. One of the best products (IMO) in the Alpha H range is the mask which really does seem to have instant results (when I have used it people have always said my skin looks better than usual!)

I looked at the reviews on MakeupAlley & apparently, they've changed it. Reviewers hate it -
Quote: "I can't believe the people at LM would change such a beloved product.What a mistake! And they LIED about it! I just left a review of it on their site and it's not showing up"

Might just be the US version. I'll check it out.

Looked up the ingredients Tinkerbelle & saw that it contains Laureth-23, a no-no for me

Have you got any mineral powder hanging around? I make my own by mixing with moisturiser and can adjust the amount of cover to a certain extent. Some minerals will give a shinier finish than others so you may need to play around (if you can be bothered).

The trouble with doing that is the SPF is compromised, but thank you for the suggestion.

brilliant band have been using it for years. its that good total total strangers say how good my skin is and a lot of my friends now use it and have less problematic skin now or have smoother,even toned glowing skin if thier skin was dry and dull.

Latest posts

Back