Amazon Prime blows QVC P&P Out of the water

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I know for certainty that if Amazon paid taxes the only people who'd suffer are the customers, I know my wages won't go up, I know my Council Tax won't be reduced, I also know I won't pay less tax as a result of Amazon paying taxes, so Amazon keep doing what you're doing, because that benefits us, the customer, more. :mysmilie_3:

Is it only me who thinks that Amazon ought to pay their ruddy taxes before they pocket my hard earned dosh?? They can afford great customer service and delivery when they're making something like 20% extra profit by dodging their UK taxes. Money that could be used to stop benefit cuts or pay for infrastructure or even mean tax cuts for all. Amazon aren't the only ones guilty of exploiting this supposed legal loophole.

How naive to think if the government got more money benefit cuts would stop, they want the benefits bill reduced wether they get more in taxes or not, so if "dodging" taxes is what keeps Amazon prices low, good. The Government should start clearing their affairs up at home, like starting with the Bankers (no, I really do mean Bankers. :mysmilie_17:)

Let's also not forget the actors and singers who hit the big time and move to tax havens to avoid paying British taxes.

How naive to think if the government got more money benefit cuts would stop, they want the benefits bill reduced wether they get more in taxes or not, so if "dodging" taxes is what keeps Amazon prices low, good. The Government should start clearing their affairs up at home, like starting with the Bankers (no, I really do mean Bankers. :mysmilie_17:)

You see the reality is that if more taxes were paid to the government the government would then have more money to 'waste' on idiotic projects like HS2 and the failed Universal Credit system as well as other 'brainstorming' sessions, that come to nothing, not forgetting of course paying for the Indian 'space-race' and girlbands in Africa. Is it just me or has the Government got their priorities slightly wrong!

Sorry, will not get any more political, as I know this is a 'happy forum' full of 'happy people' who want to forget the 'ills' for a while and focus on the really important questions in life, like how many times DF will mention her retreat, or CS will talk intelligently (easy answer to that one, none), these and many more, or the real important questions of life!

Orrrrr.......when will Fibby Flint find a spare ten minutes to knock out another slutty "novel"? or "When The Fat Lady Slims" edition number 44.8. :mysmilie_17:

PS......"novels" sold through self publication on Amazon, so obviously didn't bother Fibby. :mysmilie_17:

I have just joined Prime paying one annual fee of £79. Before that I was paying £72 via Lovefilm so it is only £7 more to get the delivery service (which was a revelation to me as I never bothered to check all this out!). The option I pick is the same day service which is not nationwide and you have to check your post code is covered. Order by 12, free delivery between 6-10 that evening. I mean that is very good isn't it?

Personally I don't blame any company for avoiding paying any taxes when it's legal to do so.
Until the government make it compulsory, why would anyone spend more than they need to? I know I certainly wouldn't anyway.
I am a Prime member and have been for about 5 years.
It's worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. I would guess that I get 95% of my orders next day, but when any parcels do arrive late, I always complain and get an extra month of membership for free.
You can't really get any fairer than that IMO.

compare that to qvc where you would be arguing for months sending silly forms back and forth in the post and wasting endless hours on the phone.

I like free P&P-- well who doesn't?!I don't think Amazon Prime would be worth it for me as I don't order enough.I use QVC for info. then if there is something I might buy compare prices from various sources.I am a JL shopper but there is a minimum spend as I can't click & collect but you can guarantee your order will be here in no time (same with Lakeland) & I can click & collect with M&S.I have tried the Korres Oil from QVC (no p&p) but I think I will return which should be a reasonable cost so have used the 30 day MBG.QVC have to try hard to get me to buy from them these days.

I like free P&P-- well who doesn't?!I don't think Amazon Prime would be worth it for me as I don't order enough.I use QVC for info. then if there is something I might buy compare prices from various sources.I am a JL shopper but there is a minimum spend as I can't click & collect but you can guarantee your order will be here in no time (same with Lakeland) & I can click & collect with M&S.I have tried the Korres Oil from QVC (no p&p) but I think I will return which should be a reasonable cost so have used the 30 day MBG.QVC have to try hard to get me to buy from them these days.

I signed up for Prime on their prime day and bought a Kipling Bag for £27 - £70 odd on qvc. I pay monthly so can cancel anytime. I have to say Ive gone a bit mad with it but it has been very useful recently for things that I needed the next day and no postage. I thought it wouldn't be worth it but Ive had it for nearly two months and I think Ive got my money's worth. Ive also downloaded some free books onto my kindle.

Amazon prime is just not about postage, you also get movies and tv shows as well as free music and other benefits

Personally I don't blame any company for avoiding paying any taxes when it's legal to do so.
Until the government make it compulsory, why would anyone spend more than they need to? I know I certainly wouldn't anyway.
I am a Prime member and have been for about 5 years.
It's worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. I would guess that I get 95% of my orders next day, but when any parcels do arrive late, I always complain and get an extra month of membership for free.
You can't really get any fairer than that IMO.

Spot on Mr M :mysmilie_12:

if you use all the features of prime then its a good deal but for me personally i wouldnt use most of it so for me it would be a waste as even next day deliery dont intrest me

they should have tiers for it in my eyes like level one for people who just want the delivery ect level 2 with a few added features on top & graduate the prices accordingly

as i think that would give people more choice & that as not everyone wants the movies & tv or the kindle books ect

Having extolled Amazon Prime upthread, I shall now do the opposite! I ordered at 10.30 yesterday for same day delivery between 6-10. Nothing. At 10 I got an email saying delivery failed, unable to deliver. Well as with Candlegate a few weeks ago, try coming to the address where the person was waiting! I am gutted, don't tell me Amazon is as bad as Q!! This is not an urgent parcel and I assume it will come between 6-10 tonight, but if not and I get two of these emails I shall have to complain. And it is not easy to complain to Amazon on their website IMHO, as it takes ages to find the correct Where's My Stuff screen for your input. And there is no CS number is there? That is one criticism I would make of their website.

Well I located the Amazon CS number and called them to see when I could expect this parcel and he has asked them to bring it by 1.00. So note to self, remember to have a spare day available when ordering. He then gave me an extra free month's Prime service which seems to be a standard compo offer from what I have read online. I reckon the courier just ran out of time, and as another one came minutes before 10, that I am at the end of the route (same as for the ****** Post!!!).

Having extolled Amazon Prime upthread, I shall now do the opposite! I ordered at 10.30 yesterday for same day delivery between 6-10. Nothing. At 10 I got an email saying delivery failed, unable to deliver. Well as with Candlegate a few weeks ago, try coming to the address where the person was waiting! I am gutted, don't tell me Amazon is as bad as Q!! This is not an urgent parcel and I assume it will come between 6-10 tonight, but if not and I get two of these emails I shall have to complain. And it is not easy to complain to Amazon on their website IMHO, as it takes ages to find the correct Where's My Stuff screen for your input. And there is no CS number is there? That is one criticism I would make of their website.

Well I located the Amazon CS number and called them to see when I could expect this parcel and he has asked them to bring it by 1.00. So note to self, remember to have a spare day available when ordering. He then gave me an extra free month's Prime service which seems to be a standard compo offer from what I have read online. I reckon the courier just ran out of time, and as another one came minutes before 10, that I am at the end of the route (same as for the ****** Post!!!).

Oh no! After all I and a few others on here have said about the wonderful Amazon! Not a great way to start your Prime membership. I absolutely love the service but of course, now I've said that, they'll let me down! Do you live near a town or a bit out of the way (not that that should make a difference to a decent delivery company)? I seem to remember you are SW London, in which case no excuse at all as that's hardly some remote island! Maybe have a polite word with the courier when he comes and ask him what it is with your address?

I have actually found Amazon CS to be great as well, but I nearly always contact them via the LiveChat service. Best of luck going forward as I want you to be happy!!

Thanks Andi. Yes I am in Putney, SW London and they come from Weybridge which is the same side! I now believe that any failure email just before or just after the close of,the delivery window means they didn't get to you in time, not a failed attempt. That is no attempt in my book. But then the courier wouldn't stay out until midnight clearing the van would they? Then they would get told off for being late LOL. I just hope he comes today. I have had a number of small items delivered in the past couple of weeks so know there is no problem with my address, and it is a block on a road, not some peculiar mews arrangement. In fact the post code only covers this block so that makes it all the more bewildering. CS told them to prioritise it for today before 13.00 so half an hour for that deadline to pass!!

Thanks Andi. Yes I am in Putney, SW London and they come from Weybridge which is the same side! I now believe that any failure email just before or just after the close of,the delivery window means they didn't get to you in time, not a failed attempt. That is no attempt in my book. But then the courier wouldn't stay out until midnight clearing the van would they? Then they would get told off for being late LOL. I just hope he comes today. I have had a number of small items delivered in the past couple of weeks so know there is no problem with my address, and it is a block on a road, not some peculiar mews arrangement. In fact the post code only covers this block so that makes it all the more bewildering. CS told them to prioritise it for today before 13.00 so half an hour for that deadline to pass!!

All very odd but I can imagine "failed delivery" does mean they failed, yes. I suppose it happens and can't always be helped, but it's a bad start for you and not the best of trials of a new service!

The clock is ticking - 10 mins to go!

Well they failed the 1.00 deadline too! But I rather wonder if it would come out on the evening van as that was what it was down for. The CS guy may have said get it there earlier but maybe it was all loaded up. Maybe Weybridge don't do London in the day. Who knows! Luckily these are not urgently needed items. If it doesn't come tonight I shall be filling in a Where's My Stuff form and phoning again tomorrow. But even that form is harder to find than it used to be. They seem to making themselves less accessible (I had noticed that before this little episode).

Well they failed the 1.00 deadline too! But I rather wonder if it would come out on the evening van as that was what it was down for. The CS guy may have said get it there earlier but maybe it was all loaded up. Maybe Weybridge don't do London in the day. Who knows! Luckily these are not urgently needed items. If it doesn't come tonight I shall be filling in a Where's My Stuff form and phoning again tomorrow. But even that form is harder to find than it used to be. They seem to making themselves less accessible (I had noticed that before this little episode).

Let them ring you, just go to your orders and follow the prompts from there, you can ask them to ring you in five minutes or immediately, I always use that way. This has only happened to me once were they didn't meet the deadline and it was because the mans van broke down, I got it the next day and was nicely compensated though, so win win. :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back