Here's a survey QVC won't be quoting from...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, to say you're number 11, 45, 298 or whatever just doesn't do it.

i like amazon and they win on the fact thier prices are keen. the deliver fast and usually free and it takes a nanao second to return goods to my local convienence shop. oh and refund my money fast when i return stuff

And they have had to bullied into paying their taxes! Amazon most certainly wouldn't get my vote. I'd rather pay more and shop elsewhere. I might change now they have agreed to pay their taxes but its a huge bugbear of mine.

I'm pretty sure they're not loosing any sleep over the fact that some people cut their noses off to spite their face by paying over the odds elsewhere. I'd sooner shop at Amazon leaving more money in my pocket, than pay over the odds and paying the likes of QVCs taxes, as well as my own. Amazons service all round is excellent, from start to finish and well deserved of first place.

Last edited:
I've used Amazon for years, mostly for books in the old days. Have always found their service very good, had a problem with a delivery not turning up last year and they were excellent.

However, they are not always the best price. I recently bought some handmade shelves from a small UK company and the price on Amazon was considerably dearer than ordering straight from the co's website.

I've used Amazon for years, mostly for books in the old days. Have always found their service very good, had a problem with a delivery not turning up last year and they were excellent.

However, they are not always the best price. I recently bought some handmade shelves from a small UK company and the price on Amazon was considerably dearer than ordering straight from the co's website.

How true - it's not just with QVC that it pays to use search engines to find the best price for the goods you want.

When you find something is dearer on Amazon it's more than likely a seller/company. I find eBay brilliant too. Amazon mightn't always be the cheapest around but they're always cheaper than QVC. Amazons customer service though takes some beating, so feel safe shopping with them although I always Google first.

I have been watching the price of a Sonicare toothbrush on Amazon, and it has been going up and down in price.

I'm pretty sure they're not loosing any sleep over the fact that some people cut their noses off to spite their face by paying over the odds elsewhere. I'd sooner shop at Amazon leaving more money in my pocket, than pay over the odds and paying the likes of QVCs taxes, as well as my own. Amazons service all round is excellent, from start to finish and well deserved of first place.

But if the likes of Amazon paid their taxes everyone would be better off. The government would have money to build schools, hire more doctors, pay nurses more money. They avoid paying millions in taxes. In the grand scheme of things tax avoidance really matters.

But if the likes of Amazon paid their taxes everyone would be better off. The government would have money to build schools, hire more doctors, pay nurses more money. They avoid paying millions in taxes. In the grand scheme of things tax avoidance really matters.

I'm not getting political on a shopping page, but that would never happen, even if they paid their taxes, never in a million years would the less well off and working class reap the benefits. If the Bankers paid what they're supposed to pay, if the Government reversed the millionaires tax breaks, if the House of Lords weren't payed £300 per day plus expenses, they still wouldn't build hospitals, schools or hire more doctors, and I don't mean any offence, but it would be pretty naive to think other wise. They've almost scrapped the benefits systems saving billions, yet still no new Doctors hired, no rises for nurses or schools built.

I find if you put something on your Amazon wish list then within a short length of time the price of it will go down. I think it`s to entice you to buy items on your wish list so its worth checking your wish list from time to time.

So what tax do Amazon not pay? They pay everything that they need to in UK law.

Ummmm not really wanting to wade into the middle of a row but I'm wondering if everyone complaining about Amazon and taxes are also declaring all their income from perhaps eBay sales???????

I show what I earn with ebay but it has never been an issue as second hand.

Amazon Offer, £10 off an order of £50 if placed using the discount code BIGTHANKS today. ENDS MIDNIGHT.

Ummmm not really wanting to wade into the middle of a row but I'm wondering if everyone complaining about Amazon and taxes are also declaring all their income from perhaps eBay sales???????

If you're only selling unwanted personal items on eBay you wouldn't need to declare the income. If it turns into a profit making business then you would need to declare but I imagine most people would fall into the former category.

Latest posts

Back