And the Missing Meat has started.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, someone was asking on here about the meat hampers this year.

Post on QVC Facebook woman's 80+ mother ordered the turkey in November and there is no sign of it arriving in time for the big day. When they phone, they get cut off. Now, I have read other posts this week about not being able to speak to CS about problems on the phone for ages and just give up after 40 minutes.

Post on QVC Facebook woman's 80+ mother ordered the turkey in November and there is no sign of it arriving in time for the big day. When they phone, they get cut off. Now, I have read other posts this week about not being able to speak to CS about problems on the phone for ages and just give up after 40 minutes.
Sorry but serves them right. Order your meat from you local butcher or your high street supermarket end of!

But it's award winning, as they keep telling us.

Why would you buy frozen meat from a shopping channel? Average cuts of meat at not particularly good prices and a problematic process of actually receiving the goods. It could be tempting perhaps for someone with mobility problems to have your meat delivered to your door. But there are many established options for grocery type deliveries from the big supermarkets. I have seen these meats presentations on CVQ over the years, and the big M word always hits me - MEDIOCRE. Avoid in my view.

Sorry but serves them right. Order your meat from you local butcher or your high street supermarket end of!
I agree that for those of us who are able supporting local businesses should be encouraged, but as the OP posted that it was someone’s elderly mother who had ordered something in good faith. To say it serves her right if she has no turkey for Christmas seems a bit harsh.

I agree that for those of us who are able supporting local businesses should be encouraged, but as the OP posted that it was someone’s elderly mother who had ordered something in good faith. To say it serves her right if she has no turkey for Christmas seems a bit harsh.
Exactly, whilst I agree ordering food overpriced food from QVC seems a bit crazy, what with all the other options available - Nobody, young or old deserves $hit service! I sincerely hope that they pull their finger out at QVC and ensure her order turns up in timely fashion!

Exactly, whilst I agree ordering food overpriced food from QVC seems a bit crazy, what with all the other options available - Nobody, young or old deserves $hit service! I sincerely hope that they pull their finger out at QVC and ensure her order turns up in timely fashion!
Sorry I did not mean to sound mean ..its just the QVC christmas meat fiasco is ongoing. Hopefully these people manage to find an alternative before the big day......Apologies!

I used to buy the meat parcel every year right from when it was Buccleuch and I thought it was good, if a little pricey. I stopped when they chopped and changed supplier and the quality dropped. I honestly never had a problem with delivery and it was always on time. I don't buy food from QVC anymore as I don't have that much spare cash these days.

CC

I hope she gets her turkey. Is it fresh or frozen. It may be fine as they would likely deliver as close to Christmas as possible. I think most turkeys became available from the 14th December at Tesco. They're now not available to order for delivery.

Latest posts

Back