Andy Hodgson should be fired!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think rather than trying to please forum members on here, he's doing a job as honestly as he can so he can sleep at night.............unlike a lot of the other muppets who use any trick in the book to ofload tat just to get it gone and bugga the consequences.

I think rather than trying to please forum members on here, he's doing a job as honestly as he can so he can sleep at night.............unlike a lot of the other muppets who use any trick in the book to ofload tat just to get it gone and bugga the consequences.

Andy strikes me as an intelligent man with a pretty long history of TV and Radio Presenting. It's only a punt on my part but perhaps he's thinking about the future, there will come a time when they need to look elsewhere for work and perhaps he is, quite rightly, protecting his reputation?

I cannot see queues forming to hire the likes of Simon, Russell and Mason in a TV role should the worst happen and they go belly up. I'd say he's making a pretty shrewd move if he is in fact playing some sort of game but I wasn't aware being completely honest and candid was usually considered mischief making and grounds for dismissal.

If it is then no wonder Dirty Peter has been around for so long :mysmilie_14:

Another factor of Andy being so honest is that it will look great on the ofcom report, so in reality his honesty is counter balancing other presenters who are less honest. What better evidence could Bid have that they are trying to mend their ways by simply handing over a dvd of an Andy segment.

Andy hodgson the saviour of Bid TV :mysmilie_50:

Another factor of Andy being so honest is that it will look great on the ofcom report, so in reality his honesty is counter balancing other presenters who are less honest. What better evidence could Bid have that they are trying to mend their ways by simply handing over a dvd of an Andy segment.

I think they'd need more than the goodness of Andy to counter balance the bullshit gushing from the mouths of Simon, Russell, Mason, MacDonald and Brash.

The Dalai Lama would even be a stretch :mysmilie_59:

he was in charge of it for 10 years. so responsible for much of what you watch. saviour? hardly!

I think Peter Simon should be placed in charge of presentation with Mike Mason as his deputy.

James Russell should double up as Presenter/Head of Compliance.

Problems solved. Make it happen Sit-Up.

he was in charge of it for 10 years. so responsible for much of what you watch. saviour? hardly!

I know he had another job role but as far as I know he wasn't in charge of it, last time I checked he hasn't been listed as the Chief Executive on any of his employment. Wendelin Mueller has been in charge for years hasn't she? Ian Percival was before her from 2003.

Ill ask Andy on twitter about his previous position. As far as I was aware he was to do with marketing.

Last edited:
I doubt hodge reads this place at all

Oh come now Mr Tom, please. He dosen't just read it he's based his whole career at Sit-Up on the comments made on this good forum and so he should, our influence is so powerful in the world of telly shopping he'd be a fool not to.

I always knew he was a cut above the rest and that just proves it. I'm going to see if I can make him say 'rhubarb' in 3 of his sales on Sunday and I think I can.

Oh come now Mr Tom, please. He dosen't just read it he's based his whole career at Sit-Up on the comments made on this good forum and so he should, our influence is so powerful in the world of telly shopping he'd be a fool not to.

I always knew he was a cut above the rest and that just proves it. I'm going to see if I can make him say 'rhubarb' in 3 of his sales on Sunday and I think I can.

Haha I'd laugh if he did now :mysmilie_17:

Haha I'd laugh if he did now :mysmilie_17:

I have just heard a whisper that following a review of this site by Sit-Up top brass Andy H is indeed being removed from our screens.

In his place is a new Sunday Lunch show called 'Pork and Mash' starring James Russell, Mike Mason and Lisa Brash (aka MASH).

Personally I'd like to thank Andy for all his hard work over the years but it seems his style just isn't what they are looking for anymore.

I have just heard a whisper that following a review of this site by Sit-Up top brass Andy H is indeed being removed from our screens.

In his place is a new Sunday Lunch show called 'Pork and Mash' starring James Russell, Mike Mason and Lisa Brash (aka MASH).

Personally I'd like to thank Andy for all his hard work over the years but it seems his style just isn't what they are looking for anymore.

Ah well, he was a bit rubbish anyway, soz Andy, all the best :mysmilie_59:

Right, who can we praise next?

Oh no! the Lord :mysmilie_466: criticise him quick!!!

Ah well, he was a bit rubbish anyway, soz Andy, all the best :mysmilie_59:

Right, who can we praise next?

Oh no! the Lord :mysmilie_466: criticise him quick!!!

Andy had to go, that Debbie Greenfield creature or whatever she's called should walk the plank too. Honest mare.

We don't want their sort.

Well her days are numbered then and her new card well and truly marked!

Greenwood is it? Not that it matters now

Dunno what her name is but I know she's a wrongun. Sit-Up have a hard earned reputation to protect without fly by night shysters like those two wrecking it with malice aforethought.

Get rid.

I know he had another job role but as far as I know he wasn't in charge of it, last time I checked he hasn't been listed as the Chief Executive on any of his employment. Wendelin Mueller has been in charge for years hasn't she? Ian Percival was before her from 2003.

Ill ask Andy on twitter about his previous position. As far as I was aware he was to do with marketing.

Andy Hodgeson was the head of broadcast for many years and also the sales manager too. As head of broadcast he was the person responsible for HIRING and TRAINING steve macdonald, peter simon and james russel. And many more too
He was the one who made decisions about all output from all three channels. Having watched the channels for years I can confidently say the way products are presented has never really changed. But of late the members of this forum have taken and interest and bought it to the attention of the ASA. But it was no different under andy hodgesons watch it just went un noticed!

He was in charge when the postage charges soared to nearly £8 and was also responsible for making sure the presenters mentioned it. Or didn’t EVER as the case was. Same goes for the phone call charges too!
He has clearly seen the writing on the wall and made the decision to look out for number one by playing the saint But don’t think for a second the issues surrounding bid are nothing to do with him, or he is some sort of saviour. He is the one that built it, shaped it and ruled it. he deserves a huge chunk of the blame!

There's been another change in personnel. Lisa Brash has been made Acting Head of Etiquette, Sit-Up have considered some of Andy Hodgson's saucy double entendre too hot to handle so tighter restrictions must be enforced.

The good news is that Dirty Peter will be allowed to continue to talk about cottages and chickens unhindered.

if he doesn't say it, i will create a twitter account and spam him

I'm just hearing rumours that Mike Mason has been appointed acting Head of Equal Opportunities. Following Andy's dismissal Sit-Up feel there have been too many overtly sexist comments made live on air and feel Mike can encourage a more female friendly environment.

The word 'mutant' is definitely out.

Latest posts

Back