Ann Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
why is she screeching like a demented banshee? She's giving AY a run for her money in the 'interrupting the guest ' stakes
She's on with Simon Wilson they might as well be in different studios because they are both talking ten to the dozen, interrupting each other and not listening

I actually felt sorry for Ann Dawson. Simon Wilson just keeps going and clearly has no respect for anyone who isn't Queen Julia. Dawbags is only trying to do her job by giving sizes, etc., and the cadaverous Mr Wilson talks over the top of her every time. (Normally not keen on Ann, but she's certainly earning her money this afternoon trying to sell his tat.)

What a horrible twit SW is, he just have no respect for Ann who is trying to do her job, she isn't polishing his ego like JR always do...I have no time for him or his over priced glass baubles.....

I actually felt sorry for Ann Dawson. Simon Wilson just keeps going and clearly has no respect for anyone who isn't Queen Julia. Dawbags is only trying to do her job by giving sizes, etc., and the cadaverous Mr Wilson talks over the top of her every time. (Normally not keen on Ann, but she's certainly earning her money this afternoon trying to sell his tat.)
It's very expensive garish tat isn't it? The sizes are all over the place with no consistency across the range.

You'd think he'd calm down having been around since the ark he knows what will sell without him having to be such a diva to push them
The show with him and Ann is such an assault on the senses what with her high pitched screeching and the over bright tawdry looking jewellery and clothes hurting the eyes.

I think the thing is, the B&W range IS now tawdry tat - very much in danger from taking over from Kirk's Folly. Butler and Wilson used to bring really quirky, different items that you'd pay a price for because of that. Now I have to wonder if Simon actually bought out Jenniefer Kirk because his stuff is bordering on a laugh for what he's charging for it.

Anne does screech but I still like her. I've not really seen Simon Wilson be that civil to anyone he's guesting with except Julia to be honest.

CC

I think the thing is, the B&W range IS now tawdry tat - very much in danger from taking over from Kirk's Folly. Butler and Wilson used to bring really quirky, different items that you'd pay a price for because of that. Now I have to wonder if Simon actually bought out Jenniefer Kirk because his stuff is bordering on a laugh for what he's charging for it.

Anne does screech but I still like her. I've not really seen Simon Wilson be that civil to anyone he's guesting with except Julia to be honest.

CC

From what he has said previously and what other presenters have said, Julia is his favourite and I think he only really likes being on with her. I have heard Julia sound slightly peeved when she has said she won't be presenting a show with him.

I have seen him with Pipa and she was Ok .Julia is definately number one.She panders to his ego big time,Ann doesn't do that,just concentrates on what she is selling ,and boy does she need to concentrate to sell some of that tat..!

I am not a fan of AD but watching her with Simon Wilson (5p.m)she has to really push to give the order info.etc. over the 'never does he shut up' Simon.For once, like others I almost feel sorry for her!

We have all seen that chinese website selling very similar items for a fraction of the price but you have to buy a joblot.

I think the shows are nicer with Nicky, Simon's deputy.

He comes across as a very arrogant person to me. Julia is so far up his posterior when she's on with him it's quite nauseating.

Just wait for Julia's 60th. When she was 50 he brought her a kimono style something or other gift wrapped. :mysmilie_12::mysmilie_846::mysmilie_852: Personally, they are welcome to each other and yes he was very rude to Ann. His content is nil, he rolls out the same adjectives and repeats each one 3, 4 times, it's not as though he has anything to say worth interrupting anyone for, very, very banal.

I actually came on here to see if anyone else had witnessed this show then when I read OP blaming Anne for the disaster, I was shocked! So glad I wasn't alone in feeling sorry for the poor woman! I don't like his "stuff" and don't think I've seen much more than a couple of items before and whilst Anne can be irritating what she had to endure during this show was awful!
He was down-right rude. When she was trying to keep the thing on track he then started talking directly to Ali the model who when she didn't model the ability to triple loop the hideous faux pearl and glass necklace as he wished, asked if she could hear him!
When one kimono top (which I thought was pretty but over-priced) sold out, he kept asking why the model was still in it (in a very petulant and childish manner) even though she was modelling a necklace - something he also objected to because it was meant to an accessories show!
He was spouting nonsense about their values and quality of design etc etc... Yawn ;)

I too felt sorry for Ann ...saw 3 minutes of the show and it was awful ...Simon sort of dismissing her I though...poor lady ..:mysmilie_10:

I like Ann Dawson, but even if I didn't, there is absolutely no excuse for behaving rudely towards someone who is simply doing their job. Highly unprofessional, and thankfully he's an exception in being obnoxious on air.

I think QVC towers should show him these comments......I've never usually any gripes about Simon at all but this was just too uncomfortable to watch ....prob will be too frightened to .....:wonder:

I think QVC towers should show him these comments......I've never usually any gripes about Simon at all but this was just too uncomfortable to watch ....prob will be too frightened to .....:wonder:

I can't quite understand what you're all complaining about? He's always like that!
Yes, he's a little bit abrupt and DOES talk a little too much!! But that's just him. In his nature. Really it's just a passion for his business. Nothing wrong with that!

Julia is pally with him to the extent she's a regular at his 'parties' and his home - though whether that extends to his tax haven home in Monaco is not known.

I'm fed up with seeing the promo for him, done at least 5 years ago when he celebrated his 40 years 'in the business', yawn ! I should imagine the male model wearing the indian headdress is probably a granddad by now its so old ! I supposed we're lumbered with it until the 50th anniversary is reached - if Q are still going then !

I actually came on here to see if anyone else had witnessed this show then when I read OP blaming Anne for the disaster, I was shocked! So glad I wasn't alone in feeling sorry for the poor woman! I don't like his "stuff" and don't think I've seen much more than a couple of items before and whilst Anne can be irritating what she had to endure during this show was awful!
He was down-right rude. When she was trying to keep the thing on track he then started talking directly to Ali the model who when she didn't model the ability to triple loop the hideous faux pearl and glass necklace as he wished, asked if she could hear him!
When one kimono top (which I thought was pretty but over-priced) sold out, he kept asking why the model was still in it (in a very petulant and childish manner) even though she was modelling a necklace - something he also objected to because it was meant to an accessories show!
He was spouting nonsense about their values and quality of design etc etc... Yawn ;)

I haven't seen much of Anne before and her voice was grating on my ears. Don't be shocked. We all have different opinions.
Simon Wilson was terribly rude and made fun of the models name too when that top sold out whilst she was wearing it. He came across as an appallingly bad mannered diva he kept going on about how many of his t shirts JR. had bought in the 1980's, which made me think that the whole range is badly dated

I saw him once with chuntley and he was a bit offhand with her, too. I even felt sorry for her, not like me with her usually. Next time I saw him on air with Queen Julia he said something like, "They put all these different people on and I don't understand them" or words to that effect. Divaish and arrogant spring to mind.

I don't mind Anne though her voice grates and I'm sure she didn't deserve this.

Latest posts

Back