Ann`s boots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the tsv does not look like its a sell out though. i dont like the shape either at the top they look clumsy. the ugg bailey looks much better

The UGG Bailey Button boots are lovely. I bought a pair for my teenage daughter as her main birthday and Xmas present. UGGs have more rigidity than Emus and thus hold their shape, don't stretch or bag. I wouldn't buy Emu again even though to be fair they were very comfy and warm. Until they bagged and became like clodhoppers.

i think the tsv looks better when it is turned over at the top - i think that is how they are supposed to be worn. They are too baggy otherwise - i think qvc have been showing them wrongly....

I know quite a few women who own over 30 pairs of boots. If you shop around you can pick up bargains or if you have plenty of money I see nothing wrong in spending it how you like.

I was making the point of 6 pairs of very similar suede boots more than the actual number and that I woul like a variety if i could afford it...people can spend their money how they like ofcourse they can..sorry if it didn`t come across very clearly

I was making the point of 6 pairs of very similar suede boots more than the actual number and that I woul like a variety if i could afford it...people can spend their money how they like ofcourse they can..sorry if it didn`t come across very clearly

I agree, it is unusual to have 6 similar pairs of boots. I would like a variety too but I suppose if money is no object or you get them for nothing then it's a different kettle of fish. Or perhaps she was not being quite truthful.

It was clear to me MAD, I thought the very same and Anne had the slippers.. On an on, I love the way they try so hard to avoid saying UGG! They are at it again atm, Emu are the first etc.. Trying telling that to every 16 year old, they only want UGG's and many have never heard of Emu's!

My shoes and boots are all Alegria's, which I buy from the US online, I do have a mix of of colours and styles though...ok and I have far too many pairs of Birki's!

Now they have men's slippers for £80! She just said you could put the heating down a notch, well you'd need to to pay for them!

I`m afraid the slipper thing is beyond madness ..they always say something like you need proper sole when you are going out to the bin..well I`m sure we can find some proper soles for far less in fact slippers for all the family. ..I have quite a few pairs of shoes and 3 pairs of boots but I do like variety too so they are all very different.Since I retired I seem more interested in buying clothes than ever I did before ...perhaps I have too much time on my hands

I don't understand the shoe obsession either. I have a couple of pairs of boots, about 6 pairs of shoes. A couple of sandles, one flat one high, and a pair of slippers. I think that is too many shoes, as I don't wear half of them. I buy a pair of smart ankle boots every year to wear with my trouser suits for work and these are the only ones that wear out. The others last me for years.

i think the tsv looks better when it is turned over at the top - i think that is how they are supposed to be worn. They are too baggy otherwise - i think qvc have been showing them wrongly....

That's how they were demoing them on Price drop. QVCs were 4 times the price for what appeared to be an identical boot, save for the logo which had "The Boot" on it on Price drop. Couldn't see how snuggly the fur was on the QVC ones as they didn't have them rolled over. I wouldn't pay 4x as much for something which looked identical and is quite possibly even made by the same people!

Anyone take size 6?
They have a clearance pair on the web for about £20
http://www.price-drop.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=4856790&Cat=1&Sub=3&Type=Categories

That's how they were demoing them on Price drop. QVCs were 4 times the price for what appeared to be an identical boot, save for the logo which had "The Boot" on it on Price drop. Couldn't see how snuggly the fur was on the QVC ones as they didn't have them rolled over. I wouldn't pay 4x as much for something which looked identical and is quite possibly even made by the same people!

Anyone take size 6?
They have a clearance pair on the web for about £20
http://www.price-drop.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=4856790&Cat=1&Sub=3&Type=Categories

they are faux fur and polyester co not quite the same as uggs/emus therfore not identical

I really wouldn't want to own six pairs of emu's even if I could afford them, although they are very warm .. to me they look real clumsy and ugly,but then I feel the same about birkenstocks, I don't think either would win prices for classic fashion,but then again that is just imo....

I actually quite liked these boots when they were folded down as they did look odd on the models when left high; but there is no way I would spend that sort of money even on easy pay. I did notice late in the day nothing had sold out so it makes you wonder if ugg boots days are numbered on QVC? You get the impression they drop things if sales don't perform.

More here:

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/3/Online-...-The-Boot-Australia/a2101c02c02c01m9803.q12.1

I can't understand why the sheepskin ones are so expensive in any case. Fleeces these days are sold for peanuts. Someone's making a mint and I'll bet it's not the sheep farmers.

Selling things at inflated prices just ends up creating a black market and that's why all these fake uggs etc are everywhere and it's probably very difficult to tell if you've got a real pair or not, unless you're in Oz.
The stories I've read about what happens to the animals used to make these fake boots are terrible :confused:

I really wouldn't want to own six pairs of emu's even if I could afford them, although they are very warm .. to me they look real clumsy and ugly,but then I feel the same about birkenstocks, I don't think either would win prices for classic fashion,but then again that is just imo....

I thought the same as you a couple of years ago, then got 'talked' into buying a pair on this forum when they had really cheap prices off Amazon. It is the best purchase ever made and I have worn nothing else in the winter (well from September to April actually) since. I now own 4 different pairs.

Maybe its an age thing but comfort and warm feet outweigh all the downsides of looks. And in fact I don't think they look that bad - in fact people tottering around on heels that are so high it makes them walk funny looks worse IMHO.

They are not my cup of tea but each to their own I`ve always gone for `neat feet` ...I think its an age thing in most cases as my daughter and son`s girlfriend love them but the `chip off the old block` won`t pay those prices either being an avid TKM customer :)

Emus, Uggs etc are called ugly boots for good reason. They are ugly but they are also comfy and very cosy. I have Bearpaws and love them. I can see myself buying a pair in another colour perhaps but can't see me buying lots of them.

I am one of those with a fair old selection of boots and shoes but I only have two identical pairs of boots. One grey and one brown so that goes to underline my "I might buy a pair in another colour" statement. I would certainly replace them if they wore out.

But I certainly couldn't wear them every day. I work in an office and tend to wear smart dresses and/or suits. And my Bearpaws just don't go with my everyday work clothes. Perhaps if I worked somewhere with a more casual dress code I'd wear them more often and then maybe I'd want more pairs. I have five pairs of knee high leather or suede boots but they're all different styles/types. And heaven alone knows how many pairs of ankle boots I have. I dare not count!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back