Ann`s boots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Ann has just said she has 6 pairs of Emu boots....if I was well off enough to own 6 pair of boots I don`t think I`d want them all to be so similar from the one designer.

I heard her say this and did a double take, that must be around £800!! I have one pair of Skechers from T K Max and they are in their second winter. I alternate with my new pair of Bearpaws also from T K Max, total cost for two pairs around £90. I really think the presenters are a bit out of touch with the real world. Agree that if I could have a collection of boots I would have a variety of styles.

I guess that presenters will buy QVC items at a special heavily discounted price if they are not actually being given the items . Perhaps part of the deal is that they talk on air about personally owning and enjoying the items .
I'm fortunate to live not too far from an outlet store so my four pairs of Emu boots were all bought at greatly reduced prices. I love them all but do find that I wear two pairs more than the others because the colours are more useful to me.

I saw some Emu/Ugg style boots on Bid TV/Price drop or whatever it's called last night. They were Aussie boots, called The Boot (with a logo on the back of the heel) and they were absolutely gooooooorgeous. I was tempted....the last I saw as I was ad-flicking channels was around the £40 inc P and P.

I later saw the QVC boots and they were £125 and vile!

i have bought uggs and emus at good prices from reputable sellers for a lot less than qvc prices...

i bought the outback tall in sand years ago in tkmax for £40 wore them for nearly 4 yeras before i threw them ou

I don`t think they think we listen and really take in what is said ..I had Q on for back gound noise hate a really quiet house....they had some boots on for £205 I think but sure I heard them say you have to put a protective spray on ...then talking about the TSV saying how it didn`t matter if you were caught in the rain ...then said there are a lot of similar boots out there for a lot more money that are not showerproof......so its ok for them to sell expensive boots that need extra care but not others......and last night how they were going on the showerproofing was unbelievabe..you wouwld have thought it was the 8th wonder of the world....they really do annoy me with all the waffle ...if an assistant in a store even went close to speaking in that way they would be told not to patronise me full stop!! can you tell I`m not well today.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Bearpaws in TK Maxx for £29 and they are lovely. They fit perfectly, unlike Emus, have nice chunky soles and decent lining. I bought Emus once from QVC and they were very poor in comparison for 5 times the price! They went straight back - they didn't fit and the wool inside was very thin.

I know quite a few women who own over 30 pairs of boots. If you shop around you can pick up bargains or if you have plenty of money I see nothing wrong in spending it how you like.

I've got 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of trainers and 1 pair of slippers which are cast-offs from my Mum (she's an impulse shopper even at 88 y/old !). Oh, 1 pair of black wellies with pink flowers. Couldn't face cleaning and polishing any more.

I don't know what point I'm making apart from that I don't have any furry bootees.

Linda xx

Ann was last night saying re the TSV that they are so snuggly and comfy that you could wear them as slippers. Oh yes Ann, we all pay £135 for a pair of slippers, what planet is she on!!

I'm with you on the footwear minimalism Linda. Two identical pairs of shoes...one pair of boots..one pair of sandals and a pair of slippers. I guess I'd buy some more if money wasn't so tight but I'd never be a foot fetishist like some people. My mother was always buying more and more shoes maybe that's why I'm a shoe scrooge?

I'm with you on the footwear minimalism Linda. Two identical pairs of shoes...one pair of boots..one pair of sandals and a pair of slippers. I guess I'd buy some more if money wasn't so tight but I'd never be a foot fetishist like some people.

I think that is something completely different.

I love boots and coats. I love my Emus, but I do also have a pair of Bearpaws. I have only ever got my emus on ez pay.

I think each to their own.And if you have the money,well then go for it!

I have a fair few shoes although not a collection like most of my friends.I have a few pairs of boots to wear with different things.I have too many kipling bags to mention,although I do regularly sell my swag on ebay in order to buy more swag.

I'd love to try the TSV today in indigo but mainly I don't have the funds - and the sizing is an issue.If I were as confident that a size 7 is a great and comfy "stable" fit like my Uggs,then I may have tried.....but I know thats not the case with Emu's.I have the hi stingers in a 7 and the lo stingers in a 6 - and both are a poor roomy fit - although to be fair,I'm wearing them loads and loads with extra socks and insoles,to get the wear from them, and they're weathering all the mud,rain and terrain I'm putting them through fantastically.I would only ever buy Emu's at QVC (if I were to ever buy again,but I doubt it) and I think you really need the 30MBG for the sizing debate.

I'm really really trying to wear and enjoy what I have......rather than hankering after something *new* all the time :thinking: I've promised myself that the minute something comes up that I really need....well,then I shall go and enjoy shopping for it,guilt fee and excited.I know that I have an upcoming christening in April - and already I'm looking forward to some guilt free shopping..........................but back to Anne lol,I imagine she doesn't need to go through the same process thought as I,lol

Last edited:
I got my Emu's mini stringers for £23 and £32 or £34?? In sales I may add. The Angel Lo also about £50 cheaper than QVC again in a sale.

I heard the comment about wearing as slippers and thought, daft cow!

Latest posts

Back