Anna Griffin leaving QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
Just saw a tweet from Anna Griffin from 11 hours ago which read "Our farewell visit to @QVCUK is today, so stock up on all of the Anna Griffin products you’ve had your eye on!"

does this mean she's not coming back??

I'll be very sad if she doesn't come back, I really look forward to her shows!

She has openly said on Facebook herself that it was her decision to leave and not QVC's and she will not be going to create and craft.

I cannot believe how Anna Griffin was just 'dismissed' at the end of her very last show by DF tonight. Not a dickie bird was said as it closed, not a goodbye hug, flowers..nothing. She has been on Qvc for years and always had a very big following, I for one always loved watching her present those beautiful antique prints. Lets hope we're able to see and buy her brand on our other new channels.

If she isn't retiring then another Brit channel is logical. She always seemed constrained on Q, hope she loosens up a bit on another channel.

all her lovely bedding is in last clicks. i really loved her stuff and she is a nice presenter

she posted on Facebook that she needed to make the decisions that were best for her time and money going forward... maybe she's given up on UK tv altogether?

No hard sell from AG, her products sell themselves. She is just a gentle person with a genuine passion for her products. I used to like Rosemary Merry for similar reasons. Looks like QVC will only consider loud, pushy sell sell sell guests nowadays. Wonder how this reflects in sales figures ?

I was reminded of Lee Barrett from Philosophy this morning - he was another very pleasant guest who persuaded me to buy quite a few items. There are probably lots of other former guests who wouldn't fit the shouty-shouty profile they seem desperate for nowadays.

I am sure most of us expected this day to come, but hoped it wouldn't.

I can totally understand why with QVCs abysmal neglect of craft. How can she be the tentpole for a nonexistent marquee? What QVC in the UK represents is in complete opposition to what Anna Griffin represents. She's, as Eric's Mum suggests, a gentle soul. Where is the home for that at QVC? She deals in vintage and classic designs. Where is the home at QVC for that? She has a real oldfashioned charm and style. QVC doesn't have a home for that either. Her products deserve demonstrations which allow her to show fully what they can do, not be rushed immediately from one thing to another with barely a breath drawn. No home for that on QVC these days.

I hope she does find a niche in the UK where she feels welcomed and not just tolerated, where presenters are interested in her and her products, and at least somewhat knowledgeable. It's been obvious for a while that QVC really don't know what to do with her.

QVC have let Anna Griffin and her fans down badly - not just in the manner of her departure, but the isolation of her brand, the reduced number of opportunities to see her on air, and the absence of any genuine enthusiasm for her products.

Not a fan of her style! But must agree she is gentle, Rosemary Merry has joined the new CRaft Channel!

Awwwww, I love Anna Griffin. She's a genuinely nice person and I really like all her products, although it is a particular style which might not be to everyone's taste. Whenever I've sent cards I've made from the kits people have always been really pleased with them and it's easy to make something that looks really expensive and classy. I'll miss her but it can't be cost effective to pop over to London for a day to sell a few things. I'll need to sneak over and have a look at the last clicks.

CC

her papers are beautiful. i love this vintage style. my house is all vintage wallpaers and fabrics so ag was always my crafter by choice. i have a lot of her stuff i never had time to use. will miss her calm manner

Debbie Greenwood has justed posted on Twitter that Anna Griffin is to join THe Craft Channel!

Latest posts

Back