Another book.........................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the staff room lol ....back stabbing etc ...I'm just nosey it seems :mysmilie_50:

Or the dressing rooms during the fashion hours. Wonder if they moan about the "fashion" they have to wear.

Absolutely ! I guarantee none of them would be see in Waitrose in a Nina Leonard or Michelle Hope number ! and as they all live in or around the London area, no doubt THEIR High Street's get a considerable bashing fashion wise, parking or not !

I expect it will be the same as any workplace; there will be people that will get on more with some than others; some people will be more ambitious, and I'm sure that some will not be best pleased that they have to present an hour of something that doesn't interest them at all; and others who will be like the cat with the cream because they will really enjoy the products they love.

Absolutely ! I guarantee none of them would be see in Waitrose in a Nina Leonard or Michelle Hope number ! and as they all live in or around the London area, no doubt THEIR High Street's get a considerable bashing fashion wise, parking or not !

I can't imagine Julia Roberts or Alison Keenan swanning round Waitrose in a Quacker Factory jumper. I sometimes tune into the hours with the worst brands just to watch the fake "oooing" and "aaahing" and simpering over some ghastly polyester, crimplene or nylon number that even charity shops would chuck in the bin at first glance!

"Oooh a cheap centigrade jacket! Dress it up! Dress it down! Throw on a pair of Birkenstocks, or a stripey scarf for the safari look, or some deck boat shoes for the nautical look, or how about some mint sauce for the mutton dressed as lamb look, or some toe-post shoes and you could pretend you're a size 12 when you're really a 16! Buy my novel new item! It's number 871 on the Kindle list! Yeh yeh yeh! That would look cosy with some Ugg boots when I pop down to M&S to buy a bottle of red and some olive oil with a basil leaf stuck in it!"

Yeah right"

Last edited:
It's called 'Sicknote Goes Cruising, An Occasional Diary' - you can buy from Amazon and it's by Dennis Richards. I got it on Kindle, I don't know if you can still buy it to download though. Dennis developed ME. Sorry, I didn't register the acronym CFS - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - so it's the same condition as Dennis.

Many thanks for the info. Unfortunately the book was not available for Kindle, but I've been able to order the paperback.

Yes, CFS & ME are pretty much the same. I've spent most of this week feeling like I've got 'flu from hell. As my husband's always talking about going on a cruise, when I feel better, this book sounds ideal!

Many thanks for the info. Unfortunately the book was not available for Kindle, but I've been able to order the paperback.

Yes, CFS & ME are pretty much the same. I've spent most of this week feeling like I've got 'flu from hell. As my husband's always talking about going on a cruise, when I feel better, this book sounds ideal!

It's a shame that you can no longer get in for Kindle. I do hope you enjoy the book and I hope your current feeling improves quickly. Take care.

I'm not suggesting a use for your cr..p novel, but years ago my grannies 'pit' house didn't have an indoor toilet, and the lavvy was at the bottom of the yard - no electricity and the only t/paper was scraps of newspaper hung on a bit of string !!!!! TRUE !

I'm not suggesting a use for your cr..p novel, but years ago my grannies 'pit' house didn't have an indoor toilet, and the lavvy was at the bottom of the yard - no electricity and the only t/paper was scraps of newspaper hung on a bit of string !!!!! TRUE !

Bit difficult if this was a Kindle book!!!

God it sounds awful. Not my cup of tea at all, I like Scandi crime or anything with a twist.

Is the title supposed to be "life's a bitch and then you marry one"

Julia has been putting exerpts on her blog the last couple of times. You can have a read of what's there and see what you think. Plus of course once it goes live there should be a free sample to help you gauge whether it's going to be your cup of tea or not.

I don't mind any of them doing well with books they write, but I do object if they spend on-air time promoting them when they are being paid to promote the products on sale during their hours. We can ignore their blogs, and switch off if they are promoting their books in specific timeslots on QVC, but you can't avoid it when they lob in references during their sales patter.

Wow a whopping £2.99, doubt the Booker prize will come knocking anytime soon................For the record Julia, the saying goes "life's a bitch, then you marry one" Unless of course it's not a play on words and life is actually a beach and...........

Last edited:
Wow a whopping £2.99, doubt the Booker prize will come knocking anytime soon................For the record Julia, the saying goes "life's a bitch, then you marry one" Unless of course it's not a play on words and life is actually a beach and...........

I bought the book (I was intrigued by it, much like I was with Debbie Flint's triology - although I have only read two of those because I got bored) and on the first page, all on it's own she puts 'life's a bitch and then you die'.

Latest posts

Back