Another Lemon?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a phobia about my nipples showing through clothes! I ordered a set of bras last week which intimated that they were padded but as soon as I tried them on I knew they were not for me so back they go.

I have the same phobia. Mine are always on high beam and as a young teen, I was embarrassed on a daily basis by some bloke double-taking and making a comment.

A comment was one thing but when my mum's friend's husband tried chatting my boobs up one day, instead of being embarrassed I got really ****** angry. I asked him loudly and in front of his wife and a few others to please stop talking to my breasts. You could hear a pin drop!

I still try to keep them under padding, though. The above scene is something I don't want to repeat. Not back then because it embarrassed me, but because I embarrassed my poor mum. Apparently, every woman in a 20-mile radius had had her boobs chatted up by this horrible man but it had been ignored out of politeness until then.

I like taking it off at the end of the day but couldn't not wear one even on the days I'm working from home!
I've had to stop wearing it at the moment due to having a fall on Saturday.
I've hurt both shoulders and my ribs on my left side and my right wrist. I'm ok if I go out wearing a bra but it starts to hurt after a while.
Thinking of looking for camisoles with built in support for now.

Ouch that sounds painful - hope you have a speedy recovery . When I cracked my ribs I found the bra uncomfortable but when I didn't wear it my free swinging boobs were even worse so I had to tuck it under my arm when walking particularly upstairs. I found a pillow to take the weight was good when sitting or lying down. Took weeks to get to the stage I could be back to semi normal.

Ouch that sounds painful - hope you have a speedy recovery . When I cracked my ribs I found the bra uncomfortable but when I didn't wear it my free swinging boobs were even worse so I had to tuck it under my arm when walking particularly upstairs. I found a pillow to take the weight was good when sitting or lying down. Took weeks to get to the stage I could be back to semi normal.
Thank you Lati. I nearly face planted on the pavement that's why my arms took the brunt. My hubby was a bit behind me abut couldn't quite get to me. No idea what happened ,there was nothing to trip on.
Can't open drawers or doors with my left hand and trouble trying to get comfortable in bed. As for laughing,coughing or hiccuping forget it.

I can sympathise, Patsy, having also done a face plant a few years ago. Unfortunately my arms didnā€™t take the brunt because I was carrying something. My mouth took the brunt of it instead, resulting in my damaging my front upper teeth and my bottom lip because my teeth went through it. I didnā€™t trip over anything either. I went to move forward to cross the road and my body moved but my feet didnā€™t. I can vouch for the fact that Skechers definitely have non-slip soles.

I hope that youā€™re soon feeling less sore and recover as quickly as possible, Patsy.

I can sympathise, Patsy, having also done a face plant a few years ago. Unfortunately my arms didnā€™t take the brunt because I was carrying something. My mouth took the brunt of it instead, resulting in my damaging my front upper teeth and my bottom lip because my teeth went through it. I didnā€™t trip over anything either. I went to move forward to cross the road and my body moved but my feet didnā€™t. I can vouch for the fact that Skechers definitely have non-slip soles.

I hope that youā€™re soon feeling less sore and recover as quickly as possible, Patsy.
Ah thank you Toril. I think it was something similar my left foot seemed to just stop and the rest of me kept going. My sister in law did the same earlier this year and she broke her ankle so in a way I was lucky.

I've had to stop wearing it at the moment due to having a fall on Saturday.
I've hurt both shoulders and my ribs on my left side and my right wrist. I'm ok if I go out wearing a bra but it starts to hurt after a while.
Thinking of looking for camisoles with built in support for now.
Sorry about your fall - ouch! :(

My mum slipped on an amazon box she was flattening last Christmas...

She went down heavily and passed out briefly.
She broke her shoulder badly and collar bone snapped too.

Sheā€™s very strong and independent but it was absolute agony for her and although she did all her physio religiously, she was told sheā€™ll never get full movement back :(

She could barely move at first let alone dress or wear a bra and sheā€™s very blessed in that dept - unlike me...!

Has made me more cautious around the house as I often faint or walk into doors...

Anyway you didnā€™t need to know any of that sorry!!

I would recommend M&S ā€œflexfitā€ Items - they do lots of different crop tops and wireless bras etc..

They also do a lovely soft ā€œsleep braā€ (which I wear during the day!) and a sleep bra camisole (built in soft support).

Hereā€™s a link to vest but the sleep bras are on offer at Ā£11.40 (I think?) ATM.

If you search ā€œsecret supportā€ they do lots of built in bra tops, although I think crop tops are just the same to get on and more options?

Good luck and stay safe!

Last edited:
Sorry about your fall - ouch! :(

My mum slipped on an amazon box she was flattening last Christmas...

She went down heavily and passed out briefly.
She broke her shoulder badly and collar bone snapped too.

Sheā€™s very strong and independent but it was absolute agony for her and although she did all her physio religiously, she was told sheā€™ll never get full movement back :(

She could barely move at first let alone dress or wear a bra and sheā€™s very blessed in that dept - unlike me...!

Has made me more cautious around the house as I often faint or walk into doors...

Anyway you didnā€™t need to know any of that sorry!!

I would recommend M&S ā€œflexfitā€ Items - they do lots of different crop tops and wireless bras etc..

They also do a lovely soft ā€œsleep braā€ (which I wear during the day!) and a sleep bra camisole (built in soft support).

Hereā€™s a link to vest but the sleep bras are on offer at Ā£11.40 (I think?) ATM.

If you search ā€œsecret supportā€ they do lots of built in bra tops, although I think crop tops are just the same to get on and more options?

Good luck and stay safe!

Ah thank you and thank you for the tip. I had seen there were a duo pack of support vests but unfortunately,none of the M&S stores near me had any in stock.
I'm hoping to be meeting some old friends tomorrow for lunch and will pop in to Marks and see what they have.

She may increase her Diamonique range. She is selling a ring and a watch right now. If they sell well, and they probably will to her thousands of fans, she won't give up an opportunity to sell more. Watch out for Diamonique by Ruth available by Christmas. She is riding high.
Apparently, thanks at least in part to her QVC collaboration, Ruth is ā€œearning more than Phillip and Hollyā€.

Latest posts

Back