Another QVC con

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've spent all morning trying to contact Hermes.

There is supposed to be a contact form online, but I've spent ages looking, the website just goes around in circles, and I never found the form.

But I found a phone number, have rung that many times, tried all sorts of button presses, most say "just go online to check" or it goes into a continuous loop asking the same question over and over.

So I then rang QVC, they had been told that there was an "issue" but had no idea what it was. The earliest delivery now would be Monday (Hermes are not even going to bother today) so I told him that was too late to "gift" it, so could I have a free return label. That would be 21 days by then, assuming it even arrives on Monday.

He said to refuse delivery, but I said they normally don't even ring, just leave it on doorstep.

He said that if that happens, to contact them again and they would send the return label, but couldn't do that now as it is still within the QVC delivery window.

WHAT A SHAMBLES (AGAIN)
If the delay is with Hermes, it may come the following day.
I have had the “delay “ message a few times.
Maybe the driver had too many parcels to deliver that day & couldn’t get through them all, or van trouble, or damaged label.
Your contract is with QVC, not Hermes, so any complaint needs to go to where you bought the product and not the delivery company.
Hopefully you will get delivery in next day or so

I think it's fair enough to be given tracking numbers for the courier that's being used, that makes total sense - but if there are problems, however small, as a customer, your contract is with QVC. Hermes (in this instance) has a contract with QVC. It is not up to you to be jumping through hoops trying to chase up the goods that you've paid for! I'm sure most people will contact the courier first if there's a breakdown in tracking info. If this doesn't resolve the issue then it's up to QVC to take the reins and get it sorted, even if it means sending out a replacement at their own expense and supplying a free returns label for you to use if the lost parcel does eventually turn up! It's the least they can do. This doesn't surprise me in the least though given Q's track record of late. If I'm gonna make a new years resolution it'll be to stop giving them my custom, no ifs, no buts.

I think it's fair enough to be given tracking numbers for the courier that's being used, that makes total sense - but if there are problems, however small, as a customer, your contract is with QVC. Hermes (in this instance) has a contract with QVC. It is not up to you to be jumping through hoops trying to chase up the goods that you've paid for! I'm sure most people will contact the courier first if there's a breakdown in tracking info. If this doesn't resolve the issue then it's up to QVC to take the reins and get it sorted, even if it means sending out a replacement at their own expense and supplying a free returns label for you to use if the lost parcel does eventually turn up! It's the least they can do. This doesn't surprise me in the least though given Q's track record of late. If I'm gonna make a new years resolution it'll be to stop giving them my custom, no ifs, no buts.

The email said "there has been an issue" and NO INDICATION WHATSOVEVER about what they would do next eg try again, and if so, when, just NOTHING and I've heard nothing since, 2 days ago now since the "issue".

The email said "there has been an issue" and NO INDICATION WHATSOVEVER about what they would do next eg try again, and if so, when, just NOTHING and I've heard nothing since, 2 days ago now since the "issue".
****** good job you've not locked your keys in the car isn't it? WTF would you do?!

Oh and just checked out Q's rating on Trustpilot = 65% bad that's pretty shocking isn't it?! and the remaining 35% aren't all satisfied customers either 10% poor, 6% average, 4% good 15% excellent...hey they'll take that won't they and think they're doing enough!

There are now 2 reviews for the tactical torches, I will try to paste them ….

Poor Design

" Orderd as gift.
Opend one felt solid but sometimes light wont turn on, switch feels week don't look like it will have a long life.
But main problem is as a multi tool the most useful of tools that will be used most is the screwdriver.
But on opening the screw unless you hold right at bottom of the tool in a very uncomfortable position, all you do is open the the sections of the tool not the screw.
Good idea poor design.
Card tool ok.
I will have to return expensive for quality.

rubbish

" Absolute rubbish dont put the pen away anywhere the on / off switch is not even protected slightest touch and it will turn on so when you come to use it the batteries will be dead .

In fact it turned up later this afternoon, wasn't expecting that.

And I've already posted my review on QVC, but don't know if they will publish it - - - -

One was faulty

I received the set of 2 today, and the torch on one wouldn't work.

Because I had 2, I was able to swap around the batteries, main bodies and torch heads, and it was always the same torch head that wouldn't work, so it was a permanent fault (and yes, I did remove the insulators on the batteries).

On the torch that did work, it was not very bright, and as someone has said, the on/off button is not only tiny but totally unprotected, so it would be impossible to keep it in a pocket or bag without it turning on accidentally and draining the batteries, so would be dead when you actually needed it.

The pen worked OK, but I noticed that the spare refill was only an inch long, so probably wouldn't last long, and I've never seen any like this in the shops for when it needs replacing.

One was intended as a gift, and one for me, but as I have to return both together to get a refund, they are now both packed up and ready to return.

(END OF COMMENT)

PS they are sending a free return label and will refund my initial PP.

There was also a section that asked about the packaging. I wrote that the outer box was strong and undamaged, but one of the gift boxes was very creased, which I couldn't understand.

I resisted the temptation to say that it might be a return, as that would have stopped my review being published.

Strato, a couple of years ago I bought Mr CC a gadget from QVC. When it arrived it wasn't in a box, just wrapped up in bubble wrap and as it was for Christmas I was a bit peeved. It was one of those multi tool things but it was pretty substantial and had scissors, a mini axe and a mini hammer head on it, which I hadn't seen before. I was going to send it back but as it had only cost about £17 (only!) and did have a case to contain it, I kept it. It was his best present and he has used it for everything and always puts it away after use (a miracle). It's a good piece of kit.

So you just keep on getting your gadgets and who knows, when you least expect it (as above), it will be a winner.

CC

Latest posts

Back