Anyone else think QVC is selling more tacky + cheap things

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And how cheap and tacky do those giftmate gift bags look? To me they scream ' couldn't care less'. I love giving a beautifully wrapped gift but l know it can be hard for some people so l suppose they may have to use these. I Just don't think they look anything like as classy as Jill Gauntlet keeps saying. They would be a last resort for me!

Most of these Gift Bags are terrible, think I counted 1 or 2 of them that I would have maybe used!! Still a fan of some of their Beauty range and good deals on some of their gadgets. Just find a decline in their overall products, that you would more likely see on "Bid Up TV" etc etc :mysmilie_11:

I know it's a bit late for the post, but my 83yr mother in law thinks gift bags are a god send. But she also thinks the QVC ones look terrible. (She buys hers from JL in the Jan sale). Also saves her clearing up a load of mess on Christmas Day.
She has 26 grand kids and 11 great grand kids to buy for, so Christmas shops all year round. Every time she buys something she sticks it in one of the bags, that way she says she never loses track of who's got what. So when it gets nearer Christmas she can see who needs more, she can swap stuff around, spilt up gift sets etc. But she always makes sure that they all have a beautifully wrapped parcel on Christmas morning even if it's only a small thing from their bag.

It's the lights and ornaments (garden and home) I find the most tacky of all. But Bethlehem lights etc seem to sell well so maybe it's just me but I wouldn't give those fake battery candles houseroom. And most of the YC ornament type holders are woeful, and not cheap.

Oh! I love the battery candles. Especially if they have a remote control. I live in an area with quite a few power cuts. I'm allergic to real candles (even soy wax these days) and I'm not exactly steady on my feet so even if I could burn them I wouldn't feel safe. The battery ones are great - they don't give out massive light, but it's a lot better than sitting around in the dark.

i never liked the flameless candles but i like them now. it started with lanterns in the garden. then the string lights on a tree in the garden. now its the the flameless moving candles. everybody thinks they look really nice and i enjoy them now the nights are drawing in. oh well!

The flameless battery candles are an awful lot safer than real candles and a very good idea for parents to put in pumpkins this Halloween. It was a live flame in a pumpkin that caused the awful accident to Claudia Winkelman's little daughter last year.

I'd love some remote control flame less tight for a candelabra type thing I have in the dining room. Its a bugger to light with real candles and it needs 7!! Its rarely lit these days. Remote control ones would do the trick brilliantly and because its up high the effect would be good I think. I must look for some.

I'd love some remote control flame less tight for a candelabra type thing I have in the dining room. Its a bugger to light with real candles and it needs 7!! Its rarely lit these days. Remote control ones would do the trick brilliantly and because its up high the effect would be good I think. I must look for some.

the initial cost is a bummer but the effect is well worth it. i bought some of the fake luminara ones last year. still working nearly a year later. bought some a few weeks ago with the moving flame and now ordered the luminara ones set of three in all the sizes. its a bit addictive i want some for my bedroom when i have finished with the lounge.

Latest posts

Back