Anyone ever had a return go missing? Lola Rose return gone ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AmethystRox

Registered Shopper
This may not be the place to write about this, but as Lola Rose sells on QVC and there are a lot of LR fans here (myself included), I was hoping there might be some words of wisdom to be found here. I purchased several Lola Rose bracelets and a pair of earrings during the sale on her website in June. I decided to return two bracelets, keeping the other 3 along with the earrings. To be on the safe side, I sent them via 'Signed For' (Recorded Delivery). After a couple of weeks and no email from LR about receiving the return nor a confirmation of a refund, I checked the tracking number. According to Royal Mail, the package had been returned and signed for. I contacted Customer Care @ LR and they said that the person who signed for it doesn't work for LR. (Only a single name listed and nothing resembling a signture or even an attempt at a signature is shown on the RM website, just some strange lines).

I made a claim to Royal Mail with supporting documentation for reimbursement. However, 'they' say that because they have evidence that the package has been delivered, the claim is to be denied. This letter came in the post which I then forwarded to LR via email. Their response is that if the package turns up at LR they will let me know. I would be very surprised if the package turns up there.

I am drafting an appeal to Royal Mail which I know is probably pointless. Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to them and do you have any advice as to how I could possibly win the hearts of either RM or LR for a refund? Otherwise I am out £44.10 and nothing to show for it but stress, distrust and cynicism.

Even though QVC has nothing to do with this, I have decided to return the absurd number of pieces I bought of the LR TSVs and OTOs during the recent LR shows. This incident although somewhat small in life's big picture is big to me and makes me realize that £44 is too much to lose and have nothing for it. That made me think how I went overboard on the offers @ Q, 5 bracelets and 2 earrings .... and that's too much to spend on one vendor.

I have the receipt showing I gave RM a packet to deliver, RM has a receipt showing that it/they/someone delivered a packet to LR, yet I am out of both 'cash' and merchandise. It's disappointing and I know I will lose out on this.

Many thanks to all for listening. :mysmilie_504:

Have you been back to Lola Rose and told them Royal Mail is refusing your claim. Has to be worth a try. I'm sure they will, at the very least, support your claim with Royal Mail.

This has never happened to me personally so I can`t give you any positive advice, only my sympathy. Do you have a Citizens Advice Bureau nearby, perhaps they can help or an online advice service of some description ? I really hope you get your money back and there`s nothing more frustrating than missing parcels.
Yesterday I arrived home to find a card through my letterbox saying a parcel had been left in my blue bin which is at the front of the house. The bin was empty and I was convinced my parcel had been stolen and rang RM. It turned out my neighbour had seen the postman leave what turned out to be 2 parcels in the bin and she rescued them for me. In my case it turned out ok but for a short while I was gutted thinking my items were missing so I can partly empathize with you.
I really hope your items turn up or that LR fully refund you.

I remember being told long ago, that Recorded Delivery is useless. Anyone can sign and you have no come back, as long as it shows a signature they will wash their hand of it. You need to pay the extra for tracked, this is electronic and shows it has been delivered to where sent.

Not saying it is true, but the postman could have signed for it???

Have you been back to Lola Rose and told them Royal Mail is refusing your claim. Has to be worth a try. I'm sure they will, at the very least, support your claim with Royal Mail.

I sent LR Customer Care a copy of RM's letter stating that RM has a signature showing that it was delivered. I told LR CS that I would make an appeal to RM's decision. CS said to let them know what happens and that LR CS will continue to keep a look out for the returned order and to keep them updated. Not very encouraging though.

This may not be the place to write about this, but as Lola Rose sells on QVC and there are a lot of LR fans here (myself included), I was hoping there might be some words of wisdom to be found here. I purchased several Lola Rose bracelets and a pair of earrings during the sale on her website in June. I decided to return two bracelets, keeping the other 3 along with the earrings. To be on the safe side, I sent them via 'Signed For' (Recorded Delivery). After a couple of weeks and no email from LR about receiving the return nor a confirmation of a refund, I checked the tracking number. According to Royal Mail, the package had been returned and signed for. I contacted Customer Care @ LR and they said that the person who signed for it doesn't work for LR. (Only a single name listed and nothing resembling a signture or even an attempt at a signature is shown on the RM website, just some strange lines).

I made a claim to Royal Mail with supporting documentation for reimbursement. However, 'they' say that because they have evidence that the package has been delivered, the claim is to be denied. This letter came in the post which I then forwarded to LR via email. Their response is that if the package turns up at LR they will let me know. I would be very surprised if the package turns up there.

I am drafting an appeal to Royal Mail which I know is probably pointless. Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to them and do you have any advice as to how I could possibly win the hearts of either RM or LR for a refund? Otherwise I am out £44.10 and nothing to show for it but stress, distrust and cynicism.

Even though QVC has nothing to do with this, I have decided to return the absurd number of pieces I bought of the LR TSVs and OTOs during the recent LR shows. This incident although somewhat small in life's big picture is big to me and makes me realize that £44 is too much to lose and have nothing for it. That made me think how I went overboard on the offers @ Q, 5 bracelets and 2 earrings .... and that's too much to spend on one vendor.

I have the receipt showing I gave RM a packet to deliver, RM has a receipt showing that it/they/someone delivered a packet to LR, yet I am out of both 'cash' and merchandise. It's disappointing and I know I will lose out on this.

Many thanks to all for listening. :mysmilie_504:

I think the main reason RM will not support your claim is because it was Jewellery, Jewellery is not covered unless it is sent Special Delivery.

I sent an item special delivery to company. They claimed that they had never received it. The trouble was that it was serviced offices. I logged on to the RM website and saw the scrawled signature. Wrote to RM who just said that it was delivered. Wrote a couple of times to them again but they did not even bother to answer so I gave up. I suspect that the company I sent it to had just mislaid it. Not sure how to ensure the right person gets an item

I remember being told long ago, that Recorded Delivery is useless. Anyone can sign and you have no come back, as long as it shows a signature they will wash their hand of it. You need to pay the extra for tracked, this is electronic and shows it has been delivered to where sent.

Not saying it is true, but the postman could have signed for it???

Well I have become cynical and agree with you that Signed For means nothing and that anything can happen like a postman signing for a package and keeping it him/herself or colluding with someone to commit fraud ... sad really.

I'm really sorry to hear this and to be out of money and product would make me feel exactly how you feel.

I haven't really had any experience in this area with RM though, apart from I made an officially complaint about a postman trespassing in my garden to RM and instead of dealing with that issue, they skirted round it. We went round and round in circles, until I eventually stopped replying to the emails and they won. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I had had enough.

I live in a row of four and a parcel for my next door neighbour (who is in the middle of the four with me) was left at my back door. However, for that parcel to have been able to get on my doormat, then postman must have jumped my fence (as the gate is locked) and then jumped it again to leave, walking through our shared bin store area.

Well the local PO didn't suggest sending it Special Delivery even when I told him what was in the packet so he knew jewellery was inside. He should have said RM won't pay out with just Signed For postage if it's jewellery ... seems it should be the Pound value of the contents that counts. You could not tell what was inside the padded envelope, only if you read the address could you tell that there might be jewellery inside. But then I think I only put Lola Rose so unless everyone is familiar with LR as a jewellery vendor then it could be thought to be someone's name.

I'm not sure what your rights are here but I guess that if RM ask for a signature and a signature is what they've got, they'll deny everything and say it's LR's responsibility. You should have been told that RM don't cover jewellery - I've never been told that, although the post office always asks what's in it. Still, I can't remember sending jewellery back. But the bottom line is that whoever is to blame, you're out of pocket. Because it's such a grey area and nobody is accepting responsibility, I'd be inclined to bring the whole thing into the open and write to one of the consumer programmes - and let RM and LR know you're doing that. I did that once ages ago - can't remember what it was, but the issue was very speedily resolved and I got my money back before the problem was aired. Just the threat of bad publicity sometimes works.

I'm really sorry to hear this and to be out of money and product would make me feel exactly how you feel.

I haven't really had any experience in this area with RM though, apart from I made an officially complaint about a postman trespassing in my garden to RM and instead of dealing with that issue, they skirted round it. We went round and round in circles, until I eventually stopped replying to the emails and they won. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I had had enough.

I live in a row of four and a parcel for my next door neighbour (who is in the middle of the four with me) was left at my back door. However, for that parcel to have been able to get on my doormat, then postman must have jumped my fence (as the gate is locked) and then jumped it again to leave, walking through our shared bin store area.

That's terrible! I had a delivery man climb over my side gate once and it made me feel quite insecure for a while.

Royal Mail need to be more particular about these so-called signatures they obtain or the system is useless. It's simple really - they just need to make sure the person signing clearly prints their full name as well as signing, whether or not, but especially if, the signature is incomplete or illegible. Then at least if the addressee says they have not received it, you can point to the full name of the person who is supposed to have signed and if, as is likely in this case, there is no such person at that address, it can be proved that Royal Mail have taken it to the wrong address (for which they would be bound to compensate the sender) or committed some kind of fraud. I guess there is a chance someone could put a fake name when they sign and then deny receiving it so proof of ID is the only way round that. But, however you look at it, a squiggle is certainly no proof of delivery or receipt by the intended recipient. I would go back to RM on that basis, AmethystRox. Tell them they have not fulfilled their contract or demonstrated duty of care by providing the full name of the person who accepted it so they have not ensured the secure delivery as you consigned the package to them to do.

I'm not sure what your rights are here but I guess that if RM ask for a signature and a signature is what they've got, they'll deny everything and say it's LR's responsibility. You should have been told that RM don't cover jewellery - I've never been told that, although the post office always asks what's in it. Still, I can't remember sending jewellery back. But the bottom line is that whoever is to blame, you're out of pocket. Because it's such a grey area and nobody is accepting responsibility, I'd be inclined to bring the whole thing into the open and write to one of the consumer programmes - and let RM and LR know you're doing that. I did that once ages ago - can't remember what it was, but the issue was very speedily resolved and I got my money back before the problem was aired. Just the threat of bad publicity sometimes works.

Well I think I'll be out of pocket because as you say the two who have the most power in this will deny their responsibility. Part of me says 'it's only £44' but that's a lot to most people. I will give some thought to a consumer connection or speak to Citizen's Advice Bureau, but I don't think such a small amount worries people. It'll be just one of those things I'll have to let go ... but not without making an appeal to RM or LR.

I used to work with someone who had a similar thing happen. In the end, she contacted BBC Watchdog programme, and told them she had done so. It was sorted out quick smart, bear this in mind as a last resort, because apart from the money owed, a principle is what matters too.

Well I think I'll be out of pocket because as you say the two who have the most power in this will deny their responsibility. Part of me says 'it's only £44' but that's a lot to most people. I will give some thought to a consumer connection or speak to Citizen's Advice Bureau, but I don't think such a small amount worries people. It'll be just one of those things I'll have to let go ... but not without making an appeal to RM or LR.

Don't give in! I would fight for £14 never mind £44! The principle and all that. As I said in my earlier post, they have not provided a meaningful signature so they 100% cannot prove they delivered the package.

Very smart comment and ideas. Thanks. Will do that re: the name and signature ... a 3 year old could sign as well as this person did. That's a good point. I won't hold my breath but a good point to make.

Latest posts

Back