Anyone ever had a return go missing? Lola Rose return gone ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the update, AmethystRox, very interesting. I'm quite surprised that it seems all Lola Rose had to do is say they hadn't received a signed-for parcel for RM to cough up. Personally I'd have thought that a signature proved delivery, so how LR was able to disprove this or why RM chose not to argue the case, I don't know. But very interesting, glad you won in the end and good luck with your other battle.

I had a return go missing not so long ago - it was a Lola Rose Marylebone bracelet. I sent it back because it was faulty (I had had it for about 10 months). I got a 'proof of postage' for it from the Post Office but QVC said they never received it back. I sent them a copy of the 'proof of postage' and they refunded my order in full because they didn't have any of my colour way in stock (it's on waitlist).

I was pretty annoyed because when I first asked QVC about returning this item for a replacement they had the colour in stock.

They did however give me a full refund based on the 'proof of postage'. I personally think they received the return and just didn't process it until I emailed to query where my replacement (refund) was, it started moving along.

So pleased you had a good outcome, AmethystRox. I thought that dodgy 'signature' would be a good point of argument - Royal Mail need to tighten up on that.

Thanks for the update, AmethystRox, very interesting. I'm quite surprised that it seems all Lola Rose had to do is say they hadn't received a signed-for parcel for RM to cough up. Personally I'd have thought that a signature proved delivery, so how LR was able to disprove this or why RM chose not to argue the case, I don't know. But very interesting, glad you won in the end and good luck with your other battle.

It would be interesting to know more about the background - if RM found where the bracelets ended up, if that's even possible. Or it could be that the postie left it at the wrong address or office and that was his/her own scribble because s/he didn't want to find the correct recipient. But this has me thinking twice about buying online if I think that I might possibly send something back. It's not worth the hassle.

true about shopping less the more you buy the more hassle you have if something goes wrong

So pleased you got it sorted AmethystRox - does make you wonder how they know it wasn't delivered and signed for by someone unknown, I think they should have given you some details of their investigation.

On the subject of your non p&p refund under DSR (Now known as Consumer Contracts Regulations - CCR) - I sent a Kipling bag back to Q under CCR (I hadn't used it or removed labels and sent back straight away so well within 14 days) and I also emailed them to say I was sending back under CCR, attaching a copy of the email to the return. They have, however, only refunded me the item price which has really p***ed me off as the p&p was £5.95. I am going to have to ring them but having read your comments about a mini battle I am not looking forward to it. I was under the impression that they had a legal obligation to refund if I cancelled under CCR??? Maybe they are losing too much money...................They took over 2 weeks to issue the item price refund.......................

I thought about this thread only the other day and wondered if there had been any outcome as yet, but not remembering the details could not check it out! I am very pleased you got your money back! I also am amazed Lola Rose did not accept any liability but at least RM finally accepted the blame.

So pleased you got it sorted AmethystRox - does make you wonder how they know it wasn't delivered and signed for by someone unknown, I think they should have given you some details of their investigation.

On the subject of your non p&p refund under DSR (Now known as Consumer Contracts Regulations - CCR) - I sent a Kipling bag back to Q under CCR (I hadn't used it or removed labels and sent back straight away so well within 14 days) and I also emailed them to say I was sending back under CCR, attaching a copy of the email to the return. They have, however, only refunded me the item price which has really p***ed me off as the p&p was £5.95. I am going to have to ring them but having read your comments about a mini battle I am not looking forward to it. I was under the impression that they had a legal obligation to refund if I cancelled under CCR??? Maybe they are losing too much money...................They took over 2 weeks to issue the item price refund.......................

They always do that MM even if you follow the rules, just email them or call and they will refund the p&p.
Regarding earrings I sent back the last Diamonique earrings under DSR and they said earring were not covered by DSR.

Found this which must apply to earrings

'You do not have the legal right to cancel the following items: (i) perishable products e.g. food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have removed from the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons that you have removed from the sealed packaging'

Sounds familiar and very similar to my issue with them. Returned earrings within the 14 days (I was still calling it DSR), emailed Q the day I posted everything back so I knew all the things were on their way back. I wrote on the little return form as well that I was returning under DSR and was requesting (the word I used!) the original P&P back. Well, Q wouldn't return the P&P citing hygiene reasons ... so why will Q take back earrings and you get the item price refunded but won't give you back the P&P under DSR for hygiene reasons (makes no sense!). So back and forth and back and forth, I have received 'as a courtesy' one P&P refund. I emailed them again with other reasons like Q has refunded me the P&P in the past for earrings returned in the DSR time frame. So why wouldn't they credit me these two P&Ps. Q's Customer Care says that they have checked my purchase history back to 2011and that's not the case. Well I have kept every email for all my purchases that I have made with Q. I cited 4 examples where since 2011 they have refunded my P&P for earrings returned under DSR. I haven't heard from the on that one.

I have decided that I will probably be closing my account as I feel unappreciated by Q. I have not been a member as long as some people (6 going on 7 years), nor have I bought as much as some people have. But I am sure it's been a nice sum. Diet Chef on Auto Delivery, lots and lots of Yankee Candle, probably way too much jewellery (Lola Rose!), some beauty products. Luckily no clothing, shoes or handbags, no electronics. Like many of you I and my husband are turning elsewhere to do any online shopping, the usual places, Amazon for instance. My conflict with QVC is such a small one but it bothers me. Sometimes it's the small things that stay with a person and you just can't shake it off.

We bought a lot in the beginning and have greatly slowed down any purchases this year and last. So they probably no longer consider us valued customers. But it's a heck of a lot easier to keep a customer than to bring in new ones. I read in a marketing book that went into so much detail about that- how it's easier and costs less for companies to keep existing customers and to get them to buy more than it is to try and bring in new customers. But I am sure that QVC knows when longstanding customers start to reduce their purchases for whatever reason and are willing to let them slide and eventually drop off. Even over P&P refunds.

So many of my favourites are gone: Southwestern Silver, Treasures of India, Joseph Esposito (I didn't buy his necklaces although nice just seem more for the business woman than what I needed, but I did have some of his earrings), Suarti and some others. My husband says that would be fine to close the account because there's nothing on Q for men (you have to really look hard to find much). Besides he shops on Etsy or Amazon. I do most of the gardening and we live in an area that has at least 4 gardening centres in driving distance with 3 DIYs with gardening depts. So no need for Q on that ... can also order from people like Sarah Raven or Suttons, etc. I haven't done that yet because I have the bricks and mortar shops to go to.

I told Q how my romance with them has greatly diminished and I really doubt will ever be re-kindled.

Much good luck on your efforts to get your P&P back. Stay with it. I hope that you do get it back. I really don't understand their little games regarding returns under DSR / CCR ... why give people such a hard time? I know it's about the money and not the customer. £5.95 is a lot to lose if they don't return it. That could go towards another bag.

Found this which must apply to earrings

'You do not have the legal right to cancel the following items: (i) perishable products e.g. food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have removed from the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons that you have removed from the sealed packaging'

Oh yes they quoted that to me but they have given me a P&P refund for earrings in the past. They ought to put a sticker on the packaging saying that by ordering these earrings and opening up the bag and breaking a seal (there ought to be a sticker that says something to the effect that opening these earrings up will cause you to lose your P&P under DSR) you won't get P&P back. Reading that paragraph, if I could easily find it on their website, I know it's there but I don't look at it everytime I make a purchase. It's not on the webpage of the earrings nor is it mentioned on the shows. I would never associate that paragraph with earrings. Food items, yes. I guess I am just not that paranoid when it comes to earrings. I even question once Q has earrings back, do they sanitise them before sending out again to another customer since they use hygiene as the excuse in the first place. I do really doubt it after reading how people here have received dirty dresses, stained blouses, strange items in handbags. My confidence with Q has gone down a lot.

The simplest thing to do is not buy earrings anymore.

I really cannot understand the attitude of some of these shopping channels (and some companies in general, come to that). As has been said, it's far easier to keep a customer happy than to continually go out looking for new ones (who may buy one piece and that's it, no more, or may turn out to be a real pain in the armpit). Surely, your existing customers are money in the bank to a business, and people who come back regularly to buy are worth keeping happy, rather than going out touting around for new business. Ironically, there's never been so much cr&p talked about customer service (and 'company ethics') as there is today and the joke is that across the board, customer service has never been worse. And don't get me started on the so-called "mission statements" - my 'mission' is to ignore them. As I told one company I had a dispute with, anyone can write a load of bilge on a bit of paper or company website about their so-called customer service, but unless the words 'customer service' translate into real action, that's all it is = words. Few of the shopping channels come up to snuff when the chips are down. Their attitude to long-term customers seems to be well, if you leave us, so what? Like busses - another (new) customer will be along soon. I stopped buying from Q a few years ago now - their attitude got up my nose and I told them so in no uncertain terms and haven't ordered anything since. For a while, they kept on sending me 10% off vouchers (wow, big deal), but I didn't use them or buy anything, and they then got the message.

Sounds familiar and very similar to my issue with them. Returned earrings within the 14 days (I was still calling it DSR), emailed Q the day I posted everything back so I knew all the things were on their way back. I wrote on the little return form as well that I was returning under DSR and was requesting (the word I used!) the original P&P back. Well, Q wouldn't return the P&P citing hygiene reasons ... so why will Q take back earrings and you get the item price refunded but won't give you back the P&P under DSR for hygiene reasons (makes no sense!). So back and forth and back and forth, I have received 'as a courtesy' one P&P refund. I emailed them again with other reasons like Q has refunded me the P&P in the past for earrings returned in the DSR time frame. So why wouldn't they credit me these two P&Ps. Q's Customer Care says that they have checked my purchase history back to 2011and that's not the case. Well I have kept every email for all my purchases that I have made with Q. I cited 4 examples where since 2011 they have refunded my P&P for earrings returned under DSR. I haven't heard from the on that one.

I have decided that I will probably be closing my account as I feel unappreciated by Q. I have not been a member as long as some people (6 going on 7 years), nor have I bought as much as some people have. But I am sure it's been a nice sum. Diet Chef on Auto Delivery, lots and lots of Yankee Candle, probably way too much jewellery (Lola Rose!), some beauty products. Luckily no clothing, shoes or handbags, no electronics. Like many of you I and my husband are turning elsewhere to do any online shopping, the usual places, Amazon for instance. My conflict with QVC is such a small one but it bothers me. Sometimes it's the small things that stay with a person and you just can't shake it off.

We bought a lot in the beginning and have greatly slowed down any purchases this year and last. So they probably no longer consider us valued customers. But it's a heck of a lot easier to keep a customer than to bring in new ones. I read in a marketing book that went into so much detail about that- how it's easier and costs less for companies to keep existing customers and to get them to buy more than it is to try and bring in new customers. But I am sure that QVC knows when longstanding customers start to reduce their purchases for whatever reason and are willing to let them slide and eventually drop off. Even over P&P refunds.

So many of my favourites are gone: Southwestern Silver, Treasures of India, Joseph Esposito (I didn't buy his necklaces although nice just seem more for the business woman than what I needed, but I did have some of his earrings), Suarti and some others. My husband says that would be fine to close the account because there's nothing on Q for men (you have to really look hard to find much). Besides he shops on Etsy or Amazon. I do most of the gardening and we live in an area that has at least 4 gardening centres in driving distance with 3 DIYs with gardening depts. So no need for Q on that ... can also order from people like Sarah Raven or Suttons, etc. I haven't done that yet because I have the bricks and mortar shops to go to.

I told Q how my romance with them has greatly diminished and I really doubt will ever be re-kindled.

Much good luck on your efforts to get your P&P back. Stay with it. I hope that you do get it back. I really don't understand their little games regarding returns under DSR / CCR ... why give people such a hard time? I know it's about the money and not the customer. £5.95 is a lot to lose if they don't return it. That could go towards another bag.

Last edited:
i'm pleased you got it sorted.
I do think LR are in the wrong however - I do not think it was up to you to have the hassle and bother,I think you "ticked all the boxes" and it should have been up to LR.

I've had a few near misses.

Years ago,I sent something back to QVC recorded delivery and it was never received (apparently) but all I had to do was express that it was sent recorded delivery and hey the refund was in my account.I don't know whether that was pure coincidence or they just couldn't be bothered for a £15 t shirt I don't know.I don't actually send anything back to QVC recorded now - I sent it straight back to them as they send it to me - slowly with second class snail mail - so i was lucky on this occasion that it was sent recorded - however i would still argue with QVC that I have proof of posting and the onus is on them to sort it out.

My hubby was bought some rechargeable batteries from eBay that we never received.the seller wouldn't give us a refund as like you they sent them recorded delivery and there was a signature on the RM slip.actually it was a squiggle not a signature and it wasn't a legible squiggle - of course it seems someone has just marked it - but paypal would not give us the money back when we claimed because of this squiggle was apparently meaning it was signed for.luckily we weren't talking lots of money (under a tenner) so that was one we just had to take on the chin.

My last and worse ever encounter was with some very expensive curtains (about £300) from mail order.I didn't like them when they arrived and promptly sent them back,and left them to be collected in my porch.At the same time,I'd bought some work trousers from another catalogue and send them back too - leaving two parcels in my porch from two very clearly marked different companies.The courier who only meant to pick up one parcel picked up both of them - and left no note.My work trousers were refunded but of course my expensive curtains were never seen or heard from again.I argued and argued forever with that catalogue to the point where I threatened to get a solicitor involved.I was not going to give up.I couldn't not afford to write that money off.I did get back months later but the curtains as far as i'm aware were never seen again.I now take all my parcels to the local collect store where i can actually had them over and receive proof.that was nightmare from start to finish.

its a shame theres so many dishonest - or really dim - people in the world.

Latest posts

Back