Anyone notice the large Mookite bracelet Julia has been wearing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A bracelet very like it on the Lola Rose site is £60, so if one of her range upper £40's TSV price or even £50.

Sorry I like her range but would not pay that for a bracelet of this sort.

I was in John Lewis yesterday, so I thought I'd have a look in their jewellery department, they had a lot of Lola Rose stuff, but I just won't pay their silly prices, but then I spotted stand with loads of necklaces, bracelets and earrrings, with many looking and feeling very similar to Mookaite, I got quite excited, until I saw the prices. The first thing I picked up had a price tag of £80, £45 was the cheapest necklace I saw and the earrings ranged between £15 -£35....ok £15 is ok for a pair of earrings,but for what they were, they just weren't worth the money, specially as they weren't actually Mookaite, just felt like it. Because they were on top of a stand as opposed to being in a glass cabinet, I thought they'd be reasonably priced!

Anyway, I've had a look on QVC and they've got quite a few bracelets and earrings and at reasonable prices too!

This necklace, though quite nice, and not mookaite was 80 flipping quid, and it was only wooden beads covered with "love beads"....No way!

Attachments

• necklace.jpg
    necklace.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 200
A bracelet very like it on the Lola Rose site is £60, so if one of her range upper £40's TSV price or even £50.

Sorry I like her range but would not pay that for a bracelet of this sort.

No, neither would I! I think with a lot of this stuff, it comes out,and then is spotted being bought by a celebrity, shown in all the fashion mags, and everyone wants them!

Mookite 640ct Oval Stone Stretch Cuff Bracelet
Item Number: 698455
QVC Price £27.00
Today's Special Value Price £22.49
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Showcasing an amazing swirl of earthy tones and natural hues, this versatile Mookite stretch cuff bracelet is sure to go with just about everything you choose to pair it with. Tapping into this season's trends for both nude shades and bold cuff designs, it's also at the cutting edge of fashion. The elasticated design features eight oval cabochons of polished Mookite stone, a type of jasper that comes from just one source in Western Australia. The stretch design means that it's easy to put on and take off, and will accommodate most wrist sizes.

8 x oval cut polished Mookite cabochons; sourced in Mooka Creek, Western Australia
Each panel measures approximately 38mm x 28mm x 9mm (1.5" x 1.1"x 0.4")
Stones are threaded on to strands of elasticated thread to make the stretch design
Unstretched bracelet measures approximately 60mm x 60mm (2.4" x 2.4")
Width: 38mm (1.1")
Total Mookite weight: 640 carats

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.698455

QVC Price £27.00
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Showcasing an amazing swirl of earthy tones and natural hues, this versatile Mookite stretch cuff bracelet is sure to go with just about everything you choose to pair it with. Tapping into this season's trends for both nude shades and bold cuff designs, it's also at the cutting edge of fashion. The elasticated design features eight oval cabochons of polished Mookite stone, a type of jasper that comes from just one source in Western Australia. The stretch design means that it's easy to put on and take off, and will accommodate most wrist sizes.

8 x oval cut polished Mookite cabochons; sourced in Mooka Creek, Western Australia
Each panel measures approximately 38mm x 28mm x 9mm (1.5" x 1.1"x 0.4")
Stones are threaded on to strands of elasticated thread to make the stretch design
Unstretched bracelet measures approximately 60mm x 60mm (2.4" x 2.4")
Width: 38mm (1.1")
Total Mookite weight: 640 carats

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.698455

Thanks SCW you're a star! :clapping:

Now I don't know what to do! Resist or buy :mysmilie_506:

Will see how it looks on screen!! Might just make LH smile :mysmilie_61:

you can get lola rose really cheap in the sales online from her website and in the bigger stores up to 80% off in fact....

therefore i dont bother with the looky likeys anymore!

QVC Price £27.00
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

How does SCW know this stuff? I thought they were treasured secrets.

Am I missing something?

Well I had come across the item number and occasionally the item will appear on the website for a short time before the actual TSV day and this is how SCW was able to post a copy of the details, just happened to look at the right time.

I do like the bracelet, but have concerns because I bought a Mookite necklace some time ago that just snapped scattering beads everywhere and a bracelet which lasted about 4 months and did the same :wait:

Good price, I am sure Nikki from Lola Rose gets annoyed when she sees this type of thing. Especially when it would be £50-£60 from Lola Rose...always laugh when Jill or Pipa ask her about look-a-likes with a straight face knowing full well QVC are in that catergory.

I do like the bracelet, but have concerns because I bought a Mookite necklace some time ago that just snapped scattering beads everywhere and a bracelet which lasted about 4 months and did the same :wait:

I agree with the poor quality of elastic and the clasps used on mookite items. Luckily I did manage to re string my necklace and add a bigger clasp.

I had to return the stretchy bracelets as they snapped in one wear - that was before we started BbB. It really is easy to re string if you manage to get the correct elastic!

:mysmilie_504::mysmilie_479::mysmilie_852:

Keep smiling LH :up: Looking at the TSV - I love it but have a feeling I won't get the one I would like colour wise so will give it a miss - wish I could go to the warehouse and pick my own!

Latest posts

Back