Anyone remember a cooling mat for your bed? Did it work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

freedom99

Registered Shopper
Hi I remember one of the shopping channels were selling a mat that you put on your bed that cools you down.

I cannot remember the name of it and I'm sure they don't sell it anymore.

It was either qvc or ideal world I can't even remember that.

They used to show how cooling it was using a heat camera, if you bought me could you please post to say of it worked. I've not been sleeping at all in this heat and I feel so ill I will try anything.

Thanks guys

I don't remember that item but have you tried a Chillow ? They are quite expensive but a friend of mine who is plagued by menopausal night sweats swears by them.

I have them and they work for me. Also swear by my buckwheat pillow, especially in summer. No more hot sweaty pillow. I got my first one on QVC but never saw them repeated. I got more off ebay.

Gosh I remember that buckwheat! A pillow full of Granola cereal it seemed. I recently discovered a client used a frozen freezer bag block placed in a ziplock bag then placed in the core of her foam pillow works very well on these sticky nights

I had one too (Chillow) but was not too impressed. It was short lived, as it started to leak, and not all that comfortable to use. I had forgotten how expensive they are.
Sorry, but I find a fan better, though a bit noisy!

Sounds interesting. I would like to know what the science is behind this product. How can something you are laying on reduce your core temperature / create the illusion that it is?

Funnily enough, we've been looking at new beds this week and were trying out the iGel range which is exclusive to Bensons. They supposedly cool you down in hot weather and keep you warm when it's cold. They feel really comfortable and we're considering one amongst the several options we've got it down to.

http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/iGel.aspx

I have always wanted a waterbed! I'm sure that would be a great sensation, and quite cooling also.

I have a coolmax sheet from m&s on my bed. It feels cool initially and when you move over to a new bit of the bed. Not as good as I'd hoped but may slightly cool down my memory foam topper.

I have two of the mats. they are great at first but absorb your body heat so after a few minutes they are useless.

a fan works for me too, bliss on a hot sultry night. I can't have the bedroom window open wide because my cat Eric thinks he's a kamikaze pilot. He broke a leg leaping from the window years ago, cost me a fortune in vet bills.

Latest posts

Back