ASA Complaint - Misleading Advertising

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
How completely ridiculous

Troll alert. (IMO of course).

Why is this a Troll alert?
What is it with this forum that insists that everyone HAS to have the same view or else the person disagreeing and giving an alternative view is an insider or a troll!

I am a QVC shopper like most on this board are. I purchase a range of goods every now and then. I am happy with the service and find that QVC makes it easy for me as I do not like to go out to the shops. Are they the cheapest? No not all the time. Are they good value? Without doubt yes given the fact that you can buy and try. They make it easy. Their call centre staff in Liverpool UK are exceptional from my personal experience and this all adds to the VALUE

I understand where some of you are coming from when you say that QVC push the MBG but this is their right to do. Thats what they offer a 100% unconditional guarantee. What you are saying is that if its unconditional then they should spell it out that if you go over 50% returns, or whatever the % return that closes your account and they should say so on air. Thats just stupid. Its not commercial and it would eat into the shows. Its common sense that if you return at a really high level, lets assume its 50/60%, then QVC are not giving you the type of products, or quality of products you want. They will never please you! Just dont shop with them they dont want you anyway.

Now if this opinion is counter to yours I am sorry. I am a member of the board the same as you. I am entitled to have a view. This does not make me a Troll just someone that is trying to balance the view on what can sometimes look a very biased forum.

Chill3d whether you are a troll or an insider or neither you are entitled to post your views just like everybody else who stays within the forum rules. If you think QVC's policy on returns is acceptable that's fine and it's your perogative to feel that way, just as it is QVC's perogative not to sell to anyone they choose not to trade with, for any reason, the choice is theirs just as it for any retailer. However, this thread is about misleading advertising by QVC and not about their returns policy which merits a thread of its own and on that basis I shall ask Admin to temporarily close this thread as you and Alan will probably bang on about returns ad infinitum and I don't want the point of this thread to get lost in the muddy waters. When I receive a decision from the ASA Council I will ask Sazza to reopen it so I can post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back