Asda customer care NOT :angry::angry::angry:

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm so shocked for you and your daughter Madmax, what an incredible thing to happen! Why Asda would even disbelieve you is astonishing, nobody is going to try conning them by replacing a Nintendo with a tin of sweetcorn...its too bizarre. I'm dubious about the Duty Manager, he seems to be over vigorous in denying any wrongdoing on their part and his so unhelpful attitude. Good idea of PJ's to suggest contacting Nintendo, you'd think they would like to know that their products are being mis-sold in a major supermarket.

I hope this is all resolved quickly to your satisfaction and your DD gets her new Nintendo......preferably with extra software by way of apology.

YEH
A result!!
I have had an email this morning from the office of the CEO, and they are going to get the store manager to ring me to organise picking up a replacement.
They apologised for the way it had been handled in store etc.
So I am waiting for the call and then I am off to collect a replacement .
THANK YOU ALL for your support and encouragement and to KITTE for the email of Andy Clarke, which had I not had this would still be dragging on.
Karen

Great news and if the manager has half a brain cell he'll be handing over a large bunch of flowers in recompense for all the hassle and distress caused

Well
I have received the phone call not from the manager but from one of his minions.
Went to collect it and was treated like something that had been trodden in on someones shoes, no apology nothing in compensation just think your self lucky we are giving you anything at all.
So While my DD will have a surprise when she gets home I still feel as though we have been badly treated.
Karen

You should email the CEO again, thanking them for their help and that you now have the item you'd paid for. But also tell them it was a member of staff that phoned and not the store manager and how you were made to feel when you went to the store.

You should email the CEO again, thanking them for their help and that you now have the item you'd paid for. But also tell them it was a member of staff that phoned and not the store manager and how you were made to feel when you went to the store.

I agree, if the CEO told the manager to sort it and deal with it then the manager should have done so personally and the store should not have made you feel so bad when you went in to get it, very poor and the CEO should be told.

Don't let them off the hook MM! You've been treated disgracefully and a huge operation like Asda should know better and be falling over themselves to make the customer happy. Having worked in retail I'm truly appalled at the lack of CS in this instance.

I agree, if the CEO told the manager to sort it and deal with it then the manager should have done so personally and the store should not have made you feel so bad when you went in to get it, very poor and the CEO should be told.

Totally agree with Sazza MM. Trouble is, I'm sure you're feeling absolutely worn out with the whole shenanigans and just want it to go away. Whatever you decide to do, look after yourself and congrats on getting a result.

I agree with Sazza too. Although the whole incident has been bought to a satisfactory conclusion re you DD getting a replacement Nintendo, you have still been made to feel like it's all your fault. I think the CEO would like to know that his staff who, let's face it, in this instance are acting on his behalf, have made you feel like s@it on someone's shoe.

I think the store have acted disgracefully and almost begs the question as to whether this was an inside job which your complaint has now put paid to? Is this why they are treating you so badly?

I doubt nintendo warehouse staff have sweetcorn readily to hand to pull the old switcheroo, asda warehouse staff on the otherhand...

Jude xx

PS happy for you and DD x

I agree with what you have all said and another email is winging its way to the CEO's office.
Then the ball is in Asda's court, and I am not holding my breath for an apology but think their customer service is cr@p and wont be buying any other high value item from them.
Thank you all for your support this forum is a WONDERFUL place. So many different people all pulling together to help their "virtual" friends.
Karen

Glad you had a happy outcome! Customer services sound awful though. :taphead:

Latest posts

Back