Balmain Pens - Not Quite As High End as Russell Maintains?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So where can i buy 1 pen for peanuts, as the links above mean i have to buy in bulk !

End of the day all company's buy something for X and sell it for Y that's how business works

Surely the thing is whether you want to spend what they are asking for a pen, as far as i am concerned a cheap and cheerful pen that works is good enough for me but each to there own.

It would seem strange that Balmain (the fashion company that Russell heavily centred on in his pitch) don't advertise any pens on their website, not that I can see. They have clothes, accessories, sunglasses, fragrances but no pens. I'm sure most reasonable minded people will find that rather odd.

In fact the only place they seem to be widely sold is Amazon, ebay and the kind of Promo companies I have mentioned. I think it's reasonable to assume the fashion company are likely to have nothing do with the pens other than they have the same name and branding. Either way these pens aren't exactly Mont Blanc!

Sure the name will of course originated from the fashion line but it dosen't mean they are related companies any longer but as ever I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Answers on a postcard.

Maybe you should call them and ask them? It might make a nice change from phoning French palaces lol ..

I honestly don't see what your problem is with this. No offence but it seems a bit over the top and unnecessary. Balmain Paris make pens. Simple. Yes it's not made of cloth like their fashion but if you walk into Gucci you will notice they sell their key rings in the same shop as their fashion. If you have a problem with anyone it should be Balmain. They are the ones who have cashed in on their fine history to sell some pens. But to accuse bid of being underhanded is completely wrong!

So where can i buy 1 pen for peanuts, as the links above mean i have to buy in bulk !

End of the day all company's buy something for X and sell it for Y that's how business works

I have seen some go unsold on eBay recently starting at £4.99.

I have seen some go unsold on eBay recently starting at £4.99.

I heard a rumour that Andy Hodgson was presented with a Balmain Pen as a leaving present from Bid when they sacked him for being too candid.

Not much to show for 13 years is it?

Maybe you should call them and ask them? It might make a nice change from phoning French palaces lol ..

I honestly don't see what your problem is with this. No offence but it seems a bit over the top and unnecessary. Balmain Paris make pens. Simple. Yes it's not made of cloth like their fashion but if you walk into Gucci you will notice they sell their key rings in the same shop as their fashion. If you have a problem with anyone it should be Balmain. They are the ones who have cashed in on their fine history to sell some pens. But to accuse bid of being underhanded is completely wrong!

I thought they were a fashion house?! lol

I'd imagine the pens are made by a third party with their own bespoke design/licence the Balmain trademark to whomever.

I'd imagine the pens are made by a third party with their own bespoke design and licence the Balmain trademark.

On reconsideration I think I was too harsh and that Balmain Pens are very, very exclusive indeed.

Despite Russell urging to us to look at what Balmain costs (he must have meant the clothes) there is no pen website that I can find, they aren't sold in any stores like John Lewis, House of Fraser, Debenhams and Selfridges et al. They aren't mentioned much if at all on any pen forums I looked at (there actually is such a thing).

They're so exclusive they aren't even mentioned at Balmain.com so I apologise, this is clearly an ultra exclusive brand and has everything to do with the couture business.

Amazon, eBay and those numerous promotion companies who do branded mugs and key fobs must have been so lucky getting the vast quantities of Balmain stock in that they have, what with it being such an exclusive line:mysmilie_14:

On reconsideration I think I was too harsh and that Balmain Pens are very, very exclusive indeed.

Despite Russell urging to us to look at what Balmain costs (he must have meant the clothes) there is no pen website that I can find, they aren't sold in any stores like John Lewis, House of Fraser, Debenhams and Selfridges et al. They aren't mentioned much if at all on any pen forums I looked at (there actually is such a thing).

They're so exclusive they aren't even mentioned at Balmain.com so I apologise, this is clearly an ultra exclusive brand and has everything to do with the couture business.

Amazon, eBay and those numerous promotion companies who do branded mugs and key fobs must have been so lucky getting the vast quantities of Balmain stock in that they have, what with it being such an exclusive line:mysmilie_14:

well better late than never.

I'd imagine the pens are made by a third party with their own bespoke design/licence the Balmain trademark to whomever.

You are correct-here is a quote from the Balmain page on Wiki; 'As of 2012, 50% of total income is from license royalties.'
In other words third parties can use the name if they pay royalties.
The pen that Bid were selling therefore was not manufactured by the fashion house but the use of the name was authorised.
I didn't see any of the Bid presentations for the pen but any references to couture standards are likely to have been hyperbole.

You are correct-here is a quote from the Balmain page on Wiki; 'As of 2012, 50% of total income is from license royalties.'
In other words third parties can use the name if they pay royalties.
The pen that Bid were selling therefore was not manufactured by the fashion house but the use of the name was authorised.
I didn't see any of the Bid presentations for the pen but any references to couture standards are likely to have been hyperbole.

So. Let me get this straight. You have read something on Wikipedia. Made an assumption based on what you read on Wikipedia. Then presented it on here as 'fact'? Really?

So. Let me get this straight. You have read something on Wikipedia. Made an assumption based on what you read on Wikipedia. Then presented it on here as 'fact'? Really?
I have noticed that you never produce any evidence to support your opinions but merely content yourself with rubbishing the research undertaken by others.
Instead of jeering from the side-lines why don't you come up with some detail to support the claims made by Bid presenters which are challenged in this forum.
If you cannot do this then I suggest you put a sock in it.

Last edited:
I have noticed that you never produce any evidence to support your opinions but merely content yourself with rubbishing the research undertaken by others.
Instead of jeering from the side-lines why don't you come up with some detail to support the claims made by Bid presenters which are challenged in this forum.
If you cannot do this then I suggest you put a sock in it.

Oooooooh no need to get your knickers in a twist. I just thought someone who demands concrete fact from bid tv would themselves provide a little more than a quote from Wikipedia and a massive slice of assumption to back up their claims. No offence, but it's a tad hypocritical don't you think?

I believe Thomas Kinkade was known to sign his paintings with a Balmain.

They must be good.

I believe Thomas Kinkade was known to sign his paintings with a Balmain.

They must be good.

Miss Wirral really I have to take you to task on this post. In that, I really hope that you did not source this info from Wikipedia, -

because if you did It's the Naughty Step for you:mysmilie_14:

Last edited:
Miss Wirral really I have to take you to task on this post. in that, I really hope that you did not get this info from Wikipedia becuasue if you did It's the naughty step for you:mysmilie_14:

I also heard Mike Mason signs autographs with a Balmain that his good lady goddess gave him 5 years ago.

He hasn't encountered any problems locating refill cartridges, yet.

I think it's important to mention that he wasn't selling a Balmain cloth, he was selling a Balmain pen which are sold in great quantity as promotional pens to all manner of companies. They are as cheap as chips.

And look as I may I cannot find any pens on sale on the Balmain website, probably because the pens are a licensed product much in the same way you can pay thousands for a Pierre Cardin couture dress but also £2.99 for three pairs of Pierre Cardin Polycotton socks in Primark.

Balmain pens probably have about as much in common with their couture lines as Jaguar Aftershave (which reeks) has to do with their cars. As I clearly said in my post he didn't do anything wrong but I think any fair minded individual would agree his pitch was somewhat disingenuous.

I absolutely agree and I've noticed that over the last couple of weeks James has been slipping back into his bad old ways.
I think it would definitely be prudent to monitor this, he's sailing pretty close to the wind IMO

I absolutely agree and I've noticed that over the last couple of weeks James has been slipping back into his bad old ways.
I think it would definitely be prudent to monitor this, he's sailing pretty close to the wind IMO

James would also like to use a Balmain pen but his English Teacher insists he still uses a pencil with a rubber top, he's still making too making mistakes.

James would also like to use a Balmain pen but his English Teacher insists he still uses a pencil with a rubber top, he's still making too making mistakes.

Aww bless him, he can't help being thick as a brick!
I'm sure his teacher is very proud of him and his notable achievements!

Latest posts

Back