Barbers are getting paid......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
to make their clients look like idiots.

WHAT does Michael Perry look like ? his hair is the stuff of pantomimes. I appreciate he's gay, so a bit "out there", but even straight guys are following a similar pattern with haircuts that make them look stoooopid. I know many High St barbers are Turkish or middle eastern, and all seem to follow the same template of really short sides and a longer crown. Few faces suit this look and can even make most blokes appear thuggish. Yep, I know every generation has a controversial 'look', ie Beatle cut, the punk, the comb-over, the mohican, the dreaded mullett, I've seen them all but (just my opinion of course), I liked the college boy (Mod) and the way Steve McQueen had his cut in the Thomas Crown Affair or Bullitt.

I saw Michael on a show this morning, and I burst out laughing. Ok he's had it blonded, but to actually pay money for the 'cut' just makes him look ridiculous.

mcqueen-style-bullitt.jpg

I think he said he dyed it himself but the actual haircut is what many men are doing just now. If you want to see ridiculous haircuts that probably cost hundreds of pounds, look at premier league footballers. If you want to see a grey haired old bufty that still uses a comb to put the sparse locks in place then look at Mr CC :D I, myself, have a very good head of hair and I know I'm lucky.

CC

I think he said he dyed it himself but the actual haircut is what many men are doing just now. If you want to see ridiculous haircuts that probably cost hundreds of pounds, look at premier league footballers. If you want to see a grey haired old bufty that still uses a comb to put the sparse locks in place then look at Mr CC :D I, myself, have a very good head of hair and I know I'm lucky.

CC
Sounds like Mr MA. He asked me a couple of weeks ago if I’d seen his comb, because he couldn’t find it.
My reply along the lines of “does it matter, you don’t really need it” didn’t go down too well….😏

WHAT does Michael Perry look like ? his hair is the stuff of pantomimes. I appreciate he's gay, so a bit "out there", but even straight guys are following a similar pattern with haircuts that make them look stoooopid. I know many High St barbers are Turkish or middle eastern, and all seem to follow the same template of really short sides and a longer crown. Few faces suit this look and can even make most blokes appear thuggish. Yep, I know every generation has a controversial 'look', ie Beatle cut, the punk, the comb-over, the mohican, the dreaded mullett, I've seen them all but (just my opinion of course), I liked the college boy (Mod) and the way Steve McQueen had his cut in the Thomas Crown Affair or Bullitt.

I saw Michael on a show this morning, and I burst out laughing. Ok he's had it blonded, but to actually pay money for the 'cut' just makes him look ridiculous.

link?

Sounds like Mr MA. He asked me a couple of weeks ago if I’d seen his comb, because he couldn’t find it.
My reply along the lines of “does it matter, you don’t really need it” didn’t go down too well….😏
Do we live with the same man?? Mr CC says "have you seen my comb?" Er, no, why would I? A comb would not go through my hair and he has very few things he needs to do in life, looking after his comb, however, is one of them. Always me that's moved it though :rolleyes:

CC

There must be 1000s of discarded ‘lost’ combs lying around.My late partner, bless, was forever looking for one.I once bought a set with a large variety of sizes but they went, one by one into the wilderness.

There must be 1000s of discarded ‘lost’ combs lying around.My late partner, bless, was forever looking for one.I once bought a set with a large variety of sizes but they went, one by one into the wilderness.
Maybe they go to the same place that odd socks go to after putting them in the washing machine...🤔

because I live on my own and they STILL ****** disappear ! and WHAT constitutes a "teaspoon" measure in cooking ? I've a lot of teaspoons that are different sizes, some have a deeper bowl than others or are longer / wider, so its a minefield when a recipe asks for this.

We had a kitchen at work and all the teaspoons kept disappearing.

So I drilled a hole in the handle of one of my home teaspoons, then put it on the neckchain that held my security pass, so I always had my own spoon handy, and no-one else could pinch it.
The most ridiculous thing I've read for a long time :D , however, I worked for Edinburgh Council and one guy had the cheese pinched out of his sandwich (that he left in the communal fridge). You have to tie everything down lol. People are thieves.

CC

Let's face it, Steve McQueen just looked good!

The most ridiculous thing I've read for a long time :D , however, I worked for Edinburgh Council and one guy had the cheese pinched out of his sandwich (that he left in the communal fridge). You have to tie everything down lol. People are thieves.

CC
Communal office fridges used to be the bane of my life.
People used to complain about the smell but we couldn’t see anything ‘off’. Then I found that a Nigerian girl would go to the African market in Brixton on pay-day and buy some goat-joints which she put in the fridge until home-time. Apparently a great delicacy, this goat meat was brought into the country ‘privately’. It whiffed of something, couldn’t put my finger on it. I asked her not to do it, mentioned foot & mouth etc.

I was very pleased when another department took her off my hands.

Funnily enough my local butcher sells goat joints, don’t suppose they are Nigerian. I wouldn’t know how to cook or serve goat meat.

CC
I've probably said this before, but someone kept drinking my Camp Coffee.

So I took the bottle home, relifilled it with water, flour and gravy browning so it looked just the same, then took it back to work.

Guess what? Someone still kept using it!!!