Barbers are getting paid......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will see your stuff pinched at work with this one.

Passport office, Toilet Duck yes, someone was stealing them from the staff toilets. I remember saying, perhaps they flew south for winter? ;)
:unsure:
My husband leaving work late one evening caught a shift worker loading a gross pack of toilet rolls in the back of a strange van ! That was the end of household sized toilet rolls in that building.

People used to stampede to the office kitchen and fight over free cake when people brought in left over birthday cakes or quality street after Christmas. Honestly, it was a sight to see - they were all women as well 🍰🍰 Someone also bit the head off my Lindt chocolate bear and put it back in my drawer. I have a good idea who that was though.

CC

Somebody was nicking my milk out of the work fridge. I found out it was a man who sat near me. I had a conversation with my colleague (making sure I would be overheard) that I was worried that someone had used my milk because I had put a hormone powder in it to aid my menopause symptoms and I was worried that it would make someone sick🤣. All that was rubbish but he left my milk alone from then on...

People used to stampede to the office kitchen and fight over free cake when people brought in left over birthday cakes or quality street after Christmas. Honestly, it was a sight to see - they were all women as well 🍰🍰 Someone also bit the head off my Lindt chocolate bear and put it back in my drawer. I have a good idea who that was though.

CC
You've never witnessed medical staff at a hospital when the pharmaceutical reps bring in lunch !!! talk about getting killed in the rush - you'd believe they hadn't eaten for a week the way they grabbed at everything on the table. I was horrified the first time I saw it, I was a med secretary and stood open mouthed at what I was witnessing. Nurses, doctors care workers were piling their paper plates high with 'stuff'. The media would have had a field day if they had seen it - with accompanying photos at how those working in the NHS had to rely on free food. This was 23 years ago by the way when foodbanks hadn't been invented.

I've probably said this before, but someone kept drinking my Camp Coffee.

So I took the bottle home, relifilled it with water, flour and gravy browning so it looked just the same, then took it back to work.

Guess what? Someone still kept using it!!!

Ooh! I love Camp coffee. Great idea. It would have saved bloodshed had anyone nicked mine.

Mr AE took a fresh towel to work every day after he caught one of his colleagues putting his towel back into his locker after using it without his permission. Not that Mr AE would ever share a towel but behaviour like that, the sneaky-cheeky, use-it-before-being-caught makes it even more disgusting.

The hormones-in-the-milk solution is also genius.

You've never witnessed medical staff at a hospital when the pharmaceutical reps bring in lunch !!! talk about getting killed in the rush - you'd believe they hadn't eaten for a week the way they grabbed at everything on the table. I was horrified the first time I saw it, I was a med secretary and stood open mouthed at what I was witnessing. Nurses, doctors care workers were piling their paper plates high with 'stuff'. The media would have had a field day if they had seen it - with accompanying photos at how those working in the NHS had to rely on free food. This was 23 years ago by the way when foodbanks hadn't been invented.

I remember those days. They'd bring all sorts of own-branded goodies in and depending on where you were in the pecking order determined how good the rewards were. The doctors would get paid jollies, the nurses spa breaks and admin the free pens :rolleyes:

I remember those days. They'd bring all sorts of own-branded goodies in and depending on where you were in the pecking order determined how good the rewards were. The doctors would get paid jollies, the nurses spa breaks and admin the free pens :rolleyes:
I've got various gadgets given to doctors who then gave them to charity boot sales.

For example, I've got various clocks/timers and 2 battery operated staplers.

Well, her Dad was a devil in a skirt in the Khyber Pass. She used to talk about it quite a bit when I was a wee girl. Seems on parade they had to stand over a mirror to prove no underwear! ;)

We had a kitchen at work and all the teaspoons kept disappearing.

So I drilled a hole in the handle of one of my home teaspoons, then put it on the neckchain that held my security pass, so I always had my own spoon handy, and no-one else could pinch it.
That's almost the same thing Elizabethan-age men would do, but their spoons were larger and they kept them in their pockets to use in taverns, etc.

Ooh! I love Camp coffee. Great idea. It would have saved bloodshed had anyone nicked mine.

Mr AE took a fresh towel to work every day after he caught one of his colleagues putting his towel back into his locker after using it without his permission. Not that Mr AE would ever share a towel but behaviour like that, the sneaky-cheeky, use-it-before-being-caught makes it even more disgusting.

The hormones-in-the-milk solution is also genius.

YES ! precisely. They would come in to the office and produce note pads, pens, key rings as though they were giving you the earth, when you only had to go the stationery cupboard and get a ****** pen.