Bare Escentuals TSV Foundation Size

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard AY say they were full size but then the 9g was described as super size. I wouldn't have known any different and was sitting there watching the TSV presentation thinking it was pretty good value however having had problems finding the perfect shade of mineral foundation in the past I came to the conclusion that perhaps QVC were selling two different shades together because they would need to be blended together to make a perfect shade and so would have become too much faff!

Saying that though I would have been miffed if I had bought them thinking they were full size.

I have only ever seen BE foundation in 9g pots.
I have bought from Salon Skincare,Feel Unique and the Decleor salon along the road from me and they have always been 9g pots.

They said "Full Size" - I thought "9g"

QVC don't sell the 2g size. Their BE foundation full sizes are all 9g.

I've never heard 9g referred to as a "supersize" anywhere

The only reason I would have known that those foundations were 2g is because I prefer to shop online. If I'd only seen QVC's initial TSV presentation I would have been absolutely convinced that I was getting 9g sizes.

Even Bare Escentuals themselves consider the 2g as a sort of "starter size" It's the smallest size of foundation available - *not* the full size.

I firmly believe that QVC were being purposely disingenuous and misleading here and I'm very cross about it. (but not as cross as if I'd found out after I'd signed up for AD!)

I have phoned CS and made a complaint re the broadcasts I saw on Sat that stated the foundations were full size. There was a show late in the day when AY did try to back track but I had already ordered by then. The foundations that they sell separately - and that I have bought in the past - are 9g not 2g and the website does not state that the 9g is a special size. I ordered 3 sets. One for me and two as gifts. My one will go back now - the foundation is what I wanted - and I will not pay the p and p. I am now waiting for a call back. They say the tapes must be watched first. I ordered in good faith on the basis of what was said and of what I have ordered frrom QVC in the past.

Please call and complain if you feel you were lead up the garden path.

I've heard AY rabbit on about the 9g size being enormous and not the normal full size on several occasions. This is absolute rubbish as you can pick up the 9g size from several reputable sellers for around the £20 mark. It is always described as "full size". Don't let QVC palm you off with any nonsense.

I didn't buy this but I understand why people feel misled. If you look at item 223930 that's the 9g size of foundation but it doesn't say anywhere in the description that it's a supersize, so if AY said you are getting two full size items then you would expect them to be this size.

No call back from CS yet - they have one more day. I also put a review on on Monday. It has not appeared...

Sorry, like dog with bone now. I received two of the three I ordered today. Mine will go back when it turns up but these two promised to daughter and housemate as pressies. I have cacelled the ADs. QVC had made a cock up with card so contacted me - when I asked how far their investigation into my complaint had got they left me on hold for ages and came back to say that they have had many complaints but their buyer's response was that the fdns are full size products. I said they's better get a buyer to call me. Buyers do not call but was promised further call in an hour. They did ring and repeated that buyer says goods are full size. I have given them 24 hours to get a senior to ring - and if not I am off to TS.
I expect an apology for being misled, and I also expect the QVC website to state on the item of the single foundation - which I have ordered several times - that the 9g size - the only size they sell as a singular item - is not a normal size.

Rant over for now!!!I

Well done Snuffles and its interesting to see that they have had lots of complaints. I didnt buy the TSV but did assume they were the 9g pots from the little I did see on beauty day.

Bet

I have to just say that I was fully aware that the foundation was a 2g size (ie full retail size) as they did say this in show I watched, and I was also fully aware that the 9g size is a supersize as this was only mentioned when it was on air also. It also states the size on the internet listing. I don't feel at all misled at all.

Those of us with BE "history" have been trained to regard the 9g size as the full size. I would feel scammed if I was let to believe I was getting full size foundation and received the 2g.

Why don't QVC sell the 2g size on its own with/without brush if it's a full size?

clemenzina

I believe from what Alison said on air this morning, that when she refers to something as being 'full size' she means it is a size that sells in retail outlets, and not sample size.

When I tested BE for the green beauty bible I was sent the 9g size, the regular size, as if they would have sent me a salon use size!!!

No-one is arguing about the overall value of the TSV. The grievance is the OTT 'sell' where the foundations were continuosly referred to as full size, and significantly, the actual 2g content wasn't mentioned in the same breath, nor the actual monetary value of those two small pots.This was done deliberately so that no-one was alerted to the fact that these 2 foundations were actually small 'try me' or travel sizes.

QVC deliberately misled on this occasion and I think it is a consumer issue that does need airing.

This was done deliberately so that no-one was alerted to the fact that these 2 foundations were actually small 'try me' or travel sizes.

2g is not a travel or try me size. It is sold in Debenhams HERE.

I understand the argument perfectly and dont need it explaining to me it is quite simple to understand, I'm just not bothered about it.

When I tested BE for the green beauty bible I was sent the 9g size, the regular size, as if they would have sent me a salon use size!!!

No-one is arguing about the overall value of the TSV. The grievance is the OTT 'sell' where the foundations were continuosly referred to as full size, and significantly, the actual 2g content wasn't mentioned in the same breath, nor the actual monetary value of those two small pots.This was done deliberately so that no-one was alerted to the fact that these 2 foundations were actually small 'try me' or travel sizes.

QVC deliberately misled on this occasion and I think it is a consumer issue that does need airing.

Hear hear!

I tested BE for the GBB too and I'd forgotten but yes they sent out 9g pots - because that's the standard full size.

2g is the smallest size of foundation they do.

No matter what anyone says, or where it is available to buy, 2g is not the "full size" that either QVC or Bare Escentuals have led me to expect.

Hear hear!

I tested BE for the GBB too and I'd forgotten but yes they sent out 9g pots - because that's the standard full size.

2g is the smallest size of foundation they do.

No matter what anyone says, or where it is available to buy, 2g is not the "full size" that either QVC or Bare Escentuals have led me to expect.

Guess you sent yours back then?

The BE TSV is really good value, the 2g pots are full size and are sold in selfridges and other stores around the UK, e.g. House of Fraser and Debenhams. The 2g pots are a lot handier to have as the foundation contain an SPF and only has a 12 month shelf life!

The BE TSV is really good value, the 2g pots are full size and are sold in selfridges and other stores around the UK, e.g. House of Fraser and Debenhams. The 2g pots are a lot handier to have as the foundation contain an SPF and only has a 12 month shelf life!

you're not sj from be are you???!!!!

Latest posts

Back