Bargain Fruit Trees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I ordered these a month ago and was well impressed with them when they arrved. They all started to get into leaf after just over a week and I now have some flowers on the Victoria Plum.

I ordered another lot late on 24/5 that arrived yesterday. Now all potted up in pots. It does look like these are the last batch, as some are in leaf and I can see some flower buds on the trees.

I now need to think of what to do with all the fruit in about three years that I will be getting???

The sad thing is, I am checking the tress on a daily basis to see how they are progressing.

I ordered these a month ago and was well impressed with them when they arrved. They all started to get into leaf after just over a week and I now have some flowers on the Victoria Plum.

I ordered another lot late on 24/5 that arrived yesterday. Now all potted up in pots. It does look like these are the last batch, as some are in leaf and I can see some flower buds on the trees.

I now need to think of what to do with all the fruit in about three years that I will be getting???

The sad thing is, I am checking the tress on a daily basis to see how they are progressing.

Hehe! I do that too - and we have a daily chat as well! :1:
Mine have lots of leaves but no flowers yet and I have to say that if my QVC buys end up in plant heaven I'll replace them all with IW plants as they seem much better quality.

If I had the energy I'd have loved to have bought their Veg Collection. It's only £19.99 and I bet it would be fascinating to grow all that stuff.
http://www.idealworld.tv/Deluxe_Veg_Plant_Collection_149275.aspx?nav=1&profileId=2182216

Wow.. I was just looking at the plants on IW's website and found this-

4 Exotic Hardy Fruit Collection - Olive, Kiwi Jenny, Pomegranate and Goji Berry
£14.99
£4.95 P&P

I really fancy growing pomegranates.... :1: They're not even a tree - but a shrub, so I could find a bit of space methinks.

They're also doing limes but they're not winter hardy so would need to come inside over winter.

1m Tall Lime
£24.99

Yummmmm

I've had my trees for a couple of years now and can't fault them...the delivery was excellent, they established themselves quickly and they are going from strength to strength, I'd go as far to say they are the best thing I've ever bought from a shopping channel.
I've now ordered 6 different sets for members of my family and not one tree has performed badly...can't recommend them highly enough.

Calico, thanks for the link, I fancy the Goji Berry set - I spend nearly that each month on bags of dried berries from Holland and Barratt.... It'll save me a fortune!

I've had my trees for a couple of years now and can't fault them...the delivery was excellent, they established themselves quickly and they are going from strength to strength, I'd go as far to say they are the best thing I've ever bought from a shopping channel.
I've now ordered 6 different sets for members of my family and not one tree has performed badly...can't recommend them highly enough.

Calico, thanks for the link, I fancy the Goji Berry set - I spend nearly that each month on bags of dried berries from Holland and Barratt.... It'll save me a fortune!

That's great about your trees, AK, and I'm so looking forward to seeing some fruit on mine. The gardening guy says they're exactly the same trees the commercial growers buy so maybe that's why the quality is so good.
I can feel another IW fruity purchase coming on as kiwis and pomegranates sound a lovely thing to grow. I always thought pomegranates grew on trees lol!
Never tried Goji Berries but I believe they're very expensive and are one of the 'superfoods' so that sounds interesting too.:1:
Only trouble is, at times it's so windy where I live I'm not sure anything which climbs would survive the battering.

Wow.. I was just looking at the plants on IW's website and found this-

4 Exotic Hardy Fruit Collection - Olive, Kiwi Jenny, Pomegranate and Goji Berry
£14.99
£4.95 P&P

I really fancy growing pomegranates.... :1: They're not even a tree - but a shrub, so I could find a bit of space methinks.

They're also doing limes but they're not winter hardy so would need to come inside over winter.

1m Tall Lime
£24.99

Yummmmm

That's an amazing price for that pack. Hubby has been after a kiwi plant for a while but they are sooooo expensive. I've got a feeling with T&M they are around £25!!! I think I may be tempted to risk ordering this :11:

I couldn't leave that kiwi/pomegranite pack so have taken the plunge and ordered it. It's my first order from Ideal World in about 15 months so will let you know when and if they arrive lol

I couldn't leave that kiwi/pomegranite pack so have taken the plunge and ordered it. It's my first order from Ideal World in about 15 months so will let you know when and if they arrive lol

Ooh please do, Siren. I'm so tempted myself and even though I've a feeling the climbing ones might not survive the wind, I just fancy growing a pomegranate!

The lime tree would be great if you've got a conservatory as I bet it would smell gorgeous.

Ooh please do, Siren. I'm so tempted myself and even though I've a feeling the climbing ones might not survive the wind, I just fancy growing a pomegranate!

It looks like all four bushes fruit after years 4/5. I cannot see how old these bushes are that are being despatched??

By planting in containers, it will restrict the grown to about six feet max.

May need fleece protection in the winter, but I am also tempted as the fruit trees and blueberries I have had from IW have been of excellent quality.

I have sown a few Goji berry seeds, but as they take a long time to fruit, a plant would be a better option. I did not see 144979 on a show, but the next one is scheduled for Saturday. Not sure I can wait that long.

It looks like all four bushes fruit after years 4/5. I cannot see how old these bushes are that are being despatched??

May need fleece protection in the winter, but I am also tempted as the fruit trees and blueberries I have had from IW have been of excellent quality.

I have sown a few Goji berry seeds, but as they take a long time to fruit, a plant would be a better option. I did not see 144979 on a show, but the next one is scheduled for Saturday. Not sure I can wait that long.

Thanks Thermroc - I want to see what a pomegranate shrub looks like! I like Olives too but do they grow huge if planted in the ground?

Thanks Thermroc - I want to see what a pomegranate shrub looks like! I like Olives too but do they grow huge if planted in the ground?

We bought an olive tree about a month ago. It's about 6 foot tall but not exactly bushy yet. I stopped the longest branches when we planted it and it seems to be filling out a bit. I think looking at the new growth though, that it's going to try and grow taller :S

I don't mind waiting for fruit. It gives the plant a good start and I'd rather wait to get alot of fruit in one go rather than have it fruit right away and perhaps getting one kiwi or 2 goji berries. They'll go well with hubby's grapevine that he's just planted.Give it 5 years my garden will be like a "pick your own"

The lime tree would be great if you've got a conservatory as I bet it would smell gorgeous.

I really should have quoted these into one post. That will teach me for reading the thread backwards lol

I have a lemon tree in our conservatory and the smell from the flowers is gorgeous. Even when there's just one on there, you can smell it as soon as you open the door. Ours seems to be tempremental and it didn't like the winter in it's spot so is taking alot of love to keep it healthy

My four exotic fruits arrived today, thanks to the post office.

A little bit on the small size, pity they don't have labels.
I have potted them up in larger pots and labelled them and now they are getting a bit of rain.
I will have to wait to see if my goji and pomegranate have the correct labels in their pots.

Mine arrived today too. Hubby came in and exclaimed that they were quite pathetic lol In fairness the kiwi is small and looks very healthy. The olive is very small. If you include the postage they work out at a fiver each but I bought a beautiful olive tree from the garden center for £15 that was just shy of 6 foot tall. They pomegranate and goji are rubbish and no labels so can't tell which is which. I've taken some pics next to a pineapple so you can see the size. The photos are really pants though. The first are the unknowns, then the olive and the kiwi

Attachments

• 2009_06100001.jpg
    2009_06100001.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 2009_06100002.jpg
    2009_06100002.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 166
  • 2009_06100003.jpg
    2009_06100003.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 177
Hi siren, I looked at some images of pomegranates online and I reckon the one on the right is your pomegranate. Apparently, they're drought-resistant and the ones I looked at seemed quite big.

Latest posts

Back