Baskets - Urgent

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J

JohnBennett

Guest Shopper
Hello everyone

Sorry for the trouble you have had with your baskets. This issue has now been resolved.

At midnight tonight we will be switching off the existing Gems system to merge with the Rocks system. We are not able to copy baskets from one system to the other.

So, you will need to check out anything that you would like from your basket today.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Hello everyone

Sorry for the trouble you have had with your baskets. This issue has now been resolved.

At midnight tonight we will be switching off the existing Gems system to merge with the Rocks system. We are not able to copy baskets from one system to the other.

So, you will need to check out anything that you would like from your basket today.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Pity they are not merging the Rocks system with the Gems one, rather than the other way around... Gems TV's systems were one of its best features.

I agree too, being able to see your order history was so helpful and being able to remove items yourself, wish it was the other way round too!

This could be a very bad move, Gems IMO has the best website of all the channels.
Could someone please explain what will happen, will we still have our wish list, order history, the option to remove items etc etc or is the website to completely change?

Last edited:
I would assume it will be like rocks basket. Will be interesting to see how it will work with all channels merging and us being able to buy from all in the same order!

I would assume it will be like rocks basket. Will be interesting to see how it will work with all channels merging and us being able to buy from all in the same order!

or not at all from either - lol. Not that I'm a mizzog or ought. xxxxx

:wonder: :mysmilie_465: :mysmilie_1: :mysmilie_853:

This could be a very bad move, Gems IMO has the best website of all the channels.
Could someone please explain what will happen, will we still have our wish list, order history, the option to remove items etc etc or is the website to completely change?

Oh 'eck, I hope to goodness we don't lose our Order History, together with details and pictures of purchases,
this would be :sweat::sweat::sweat: !!!

Swerving right off topic for a mo'. Sacha, is that Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec on your avatar. If so, I had a very pampered few days there many moons ago. xxxxxx

Spot on Argey, that is correct......:clapping:

Sadly no pampering for us just an enjoyable nosey around the joint! Very nice it was too.......:nod:
xxxxx

Last edited:
Spot on Argey, that is correct......:clapping:

Sadly no pampering for us just an enjoyable nosey around the joint! Very nice it was too.......:nod:
xxxxx

Isn't Old Quebec City just one of the best places? I had a horrid time getting into the country (Canada was seriously reds under the bed at the time, and Quebec was in political turmoil trying to make a dash for independence), but once in I had a marvelous time. I had been invited over by Bell Canada, who paid for the trip, as they were crying out for English secretaries at the time (once very highly thought of in the olden days - lol). Were they still doing the tours of the old quarter in those lovely horses with posh open carriages? xxxxxxxx

Listen to 'em, Steve, they're talking sense!

I'm a newbie, here, and I like the plain common-sense everyone's talking, and want to add my piece.
Firstly, I reckon that Steve's mistake was to upgrade his video-streaming of Rocks TV:
his earlier system was more generic and reached everyone; now it only caters for NT systems.
GemsTV runs beatifully on Win98 and has a faultless streaming interface with the TV broadcast; GemsTV web-pages also run without a glitch and their notification setup is prompt and courteous.
I say, if GemsTV is going to merge with RocksTV, stick with the GemsTV setup!

-springbonce.

Hello everyone,

We thought long and hard about whether to integrate Rocks in to Gems system or vice versa. In the end, what clinched it for us was that the people who created Gems' systems are no longer with the business and over time they have become extremely complicated, so if they were to go wrong, we wouldn't be able to work on them, nor would we be able to add to them in the future.

Therefore, we are integrating Gems in to the Rocks system. We will not be bringing over order history, etc I'm afraid and to begin with the Gems site will be based around the same concepts as the Rocks site.

We're very keen to enhance the 'My Account' section of the website with order history etc, so please feel free to let us know what you would like and we will do our best to provide it.

Kind regards

John

I have an awful doom and gloom feeling about this. The IT system was the best thing about Gems and, I'm sorry to have to say that the Rocks one hasn't really been up to scratch at all. I've got an order history at Gems going back five or six years and will be really upset to lose it. What a retrograde step and surely IT experts can adapt and learn to work with new systems? Oh dear, not happy, if I'd known about this, I'd have printed off my order history to keep and quite a few pages it would have been as well!

Last edited:
I have an awful doom and gloom feeling about this. The IT system was the best thing about Gems and, I'm sorry to have to say that the Rocks one hasn't really been up to scratch at all. I've got an order history at Gems going back five or six years and will be really upset to lose it. What a retrograde step and surely IT experts can adapt and learn to work with new systems? Oh dear, not happy, if I'd known about this, I'd have printed off my order history to keep and quite a few pages it would have been as well!

:mysmilie_497:I would have printed of my order history as well, i have never kept my invoices from Gems tv because i could access them in my order history, now if i lose anything or i got burgled i have no way of proving to my insurance company what i paid etc.:mysmilie_461:
I am SO VERY annoyed about this, John was happy enough to tell us to check out so they get the orders but not to mention this i think is a disgrace (as i would have printed off the high end invoices), in fact he only mentioned this after i asked and after 5am what use is that? it had already gone!
Very bad move IMO and i for one am livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mysmilie_497:I would have printed of my order history as well, i have never kept my invoices from Gems tv because i could access them in my order history, now if i lose anything or i got burgled i have no way of proving to my insurance company what i paid etc.:mysmilie_461:
I am SO VERY annoyed about this, John was happy enough to tell us to check out so they get the orders but not to mention this i think is a disgrace (as i would have printed off the high end invoices),.... Very bad move IMO and i for one am livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree and I'm fuming!! :angry: Total lack of customer care!! :angry:

what will be the merged website address??

Hello everyone

Kind regards

John Bennett

Hi John,
Thanks for posting this info, but may I ask what will be the merged website address
please???, it's all very confusing at the moment..hope it all works out..as both sites off air at the moment and gemstv site no longer exists..?

love,

Mary/Mirabelle xx:flower:

As someone who used to work in IT, I can fully understand why John and co didn't feel able to work with systems that nobody understood.

Computer systems are more complicated than most people can conceivably imagine - the most complex things ever created by man, consisting of literally millions of lines of code - and it is a nightmare to try and work on them unless either they are very well documented (which most bespoke systems are not), or you have someone in the business who knows the system inside out. It is of course possible to pay people to analyse the system line by line and figure out how it works - I once worked for a large company which used a prestigious firm of consultants in India to do this - but this is expensive and time consuming.

So I don't blame the "original management" for taking everything over to the Rocks system which they know and understand, although I agree that the Gems one was better.

I understand MM but my point was John could have told us we would lose our order history so we could have printed out our invoices, as i said he was happy enough to tell us to check out our baskets.

I understand MM but my point was John could have told us we would lose our order history so we could have printed out our invoices, as i said he was happy enough to tell us to check out our baskets.

True Gemcherub. I suppose he just didn't think of it.

Maybe if you e-mail him he will be able to send you a printout of your order history from the old system? It should be possible to query the old data, even if it's no longer available for viewing online.

Latest posts

Back